Alright then, time to shake off the rust

Started by JBG, March 30, 2010, 08:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

If I'm ever to return to hacking, and it would be vertex, what hacks should I do?

Veran V2
6 (10.3%)
Fi
9 (15.5%)
Majora V3
11 (19%)
Fierce Deity V2
5 (8.6%)
OoS/A Link
8 (13.8%)
Skyward Sword Link
12 (20.7%)
Demise
7 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 58

I may not have posted here(yeah you can look through the pages this is my first post here),but i appreciate your works and your hacks,so i'll give you my opinion

So i was looking through the your vault  as you asked and i'll tell you what i like and/or dislike there,and what you need to improve so lets start:

The textures
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The models
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Summarizing
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I kind of felt great by writing all it,to say what i think,anyway this is what i think  ;D
My Wii FC: 0476-3859-4846 My 3DS FC: 4468-2066-0383
Come and request a siggys i would love to make it: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39664.0
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Current Persona:OC Vitinho
Personas:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hm, critique you ask for? Critique I'll give.

Your textures are the biggest thing I can see you improving. The clarity of detail on them, particularly smaller items like belts (that have been added purely by texture) and sleeve details. You could stand to add more definitions to them by sort of adding shadows to these objects within the textures themselves.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

January 20, 2012, 08:07:53 AM #1082 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:58:13 AM by StarWaffle
Making models isn't all that hard.  It still feels like vertexing... because well, it is.  

You start off with a model ( a box, a sphere, a pyramid ect..)  and then you move around the little dots until it looks good.

Texture mapping is pretty simple as well, I'm no pro just yet but all it takes is a few youtube tutorials.

You CAN still make models in 3ds max 8 or w.e you have. You only need 2010+ to rig nstuff and are on a hacking team... why not collab with someone who can rig.

I'd personally like to see you build a Zelda themed stage, you are just bursting with creativity. I'd really like to see you build a battlefield to fight on.


I've pretty much critiqued everything of yours on msn, but I'm no Zelda expert so i thought everything looked perfect. I loved the brawlstyled saria and toon shiek, you should keep making things that don't technically exist.

Anyways, If you aren't making these things for yourself anymore or you find it more of a chore or a job then quit. quit right now.    This is a hobby, a time-consumer, a relaxation method. Something that YOU do for YOU.




Quote from: StarWaffle on January 20, 2012, 08:07:53 AM

Anyways, If you aren't making these things for yourself anymore or you find it more of a chore or a job then quit. quit right now.    This is a hobby, a time-consumer, a relaxation method. Something that YOU do for YOU.

I hope some people in here would realize this, really. <_<

Quote from: StarWaffle on January 20, 2012, 08:07:53 AM
Anyways, If you aren't making these things for yourself anymore or you find it more of a chore or a job then quit. quit right now.    This is a hobby, a time-consumer, a relaxation method. Something that YOU do for YOU.

So very true.

That's pretty much the entire point of Brawl hacking, not only to entertain others, but to entertain yourself.

If you are not having fun with it... Then you can drop out of it.



But if you do indeed wish to continue, do what Star says. Model editing is MUCH like vertexing from what I hear, it doesn't even need patching. Plus, custom made models can be very interesting. Make characters from 2D games, reimagine characters from N64 games... Anything is possible with model editing pretty much.

make malon and ruto so they could fight with saria
:) noob #1 :)

Quote from: NINJAZOMBIES on February 09, 2012, 08:27:51 AM
make malon and ruto so they could fight with saria
Did you even READ what Majora has to say? :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Well, guys, sorry bout this, but I think I'm going to officially close down this thread. I'm not going to be vertexing anymore, I now know this to be fact.

HOWEVER, as soon as I'm suree I can finish a model, (I have one in progress) and it's Brawl compatible, I'll go right ahead and make a model importing thread. But, this might not be for some time, as I've recently gotten Paint Tool SAI, so I'm going to be enjoying my new toy for a long time to come. I'm also getting a drastic increase in schoolwork, so yeah, plenty to keep me busy

I'll be popping in from time to time in the Forum Game's forum, and if anyone REALLY needs to talk with me, or REALLY wants to, PM me for my instant messenger information, ok?

Quote from: Fi on February 10, 2012, 12:10:57 AM
Well, guys, sorry bout this, but I think I'm going to officially close down this thread. I'm not going to be vertexing anymore, I now know this to be fact.

HOWEVER, as soon as I'm suree I can finish a model, (I have one in progress) and it's Brawl compatible, I'll go right ahead and make a model importing thread. But, this might not be for some time, as I've recently gotten Paint Tool SAI, so I'm going to be enjoying my new toy for a long time to come. I'm also getting a drastic increase in schoolwork, so yeah, plenty to keep me busy

I'll be popping in from time to time in the Forum Game's forum, and if anyone REALLY needs to talk with me, or REALLY wants to, PM me for my instant messenger information, ok?

That's absolutely wonderful! I look forward to your next work!

(Gosh, that first section had me kinda scared!)


Ughhhh...alright, how many months has it been?

Well, regardless, I'm on summer break now, and time is going SO FREAKING SLOW for me. I'm probably going to be getting out and exercising a lot more this summer, but I think I'll also get back into brawl hacking as a sort of hobby. Not a full on job like it felt for me when I lost my inspiration. I think I just needed a good long break from it, so, now it's time for me to shake off the rust and see what lovely magic I can stir up for you guys.

Let's see what you're bringing to the table, Black Boo.

Glad to see you're back!

Alright! You've finally made a return.

I can't wait to see what appears!


Majora, man, I expect some sexy stuff from you. I really like your work and hope to see more greatness from you.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Welcome back, Black Boo. I hope to see some amazing stuff from u. ^^
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Segtendo on May 20, 2012, 03:28:55 AM
Majora, man, I expect some sexy stuff from you. I really like your work and hope to see more greatness from you.
Quote from: Sorceress on May 20, 2012, 03:39:39 AM
Welcome back, Black Boo. I hope to see some amazing stuff from u. ^^

I third these notions!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302