Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!

Started by PallaPal, February 23, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

February 23, 2014, 10:48:06 AM Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 11:36:46 PM by crazyhandmasterhand
Hello, crazyhandmasterhand here! In case anyone is wondering about how this Lucina PSA is going, it is going slowly but surely, in relation to tweaks and rebalancing. Also, it is not quite possible to implement Lucina into Project M unless directly replacing Marth, so that's unfortunate.

Her BrawlEx slot is also being worked on by me, based off of what Kitsu-chan already had given me, so thanks for that! I'm trying to fix glitches alongside the other tweaks (Aether glitch). I am likely going to update the PSA tonight or tomorrow just for a preview of what tweaks have been implemented. To anyone who helped me with this project, just give me a PM if you want to help me test the changes out!

That's a summary of what's going on so far. There are a few other surprises in store for this PSA in the future as well!

07/23/14
==================================================================
Current Credits
-------------------------------
Collaborators:
crazyhandmasterhand
Nao-chan (Animations/Move Properties)
Kitsu-chan (Animations/BrawlEx Slot/Exalted Slash)
Revan (Animations)
Captain Falcon (Coding/Move Properties)
JamieTheAuraUser (Move Properties/Voice Rips/Clean-Up)
Albafika (Character Model)
Vert092 (Character Model)
Shun_One (SSB4 Sword Slash)
Tulat (Holy Slash Alt Texture)
Thany (Animations)

Extra Credits:
Dragon-FlyWolf10 (Animation Clean-Up)
ShinyMammoth (Animations/Move Touch-ups and Tips)
SJS (Character Textures)
Mr. Me (Direct Playtesting)
Project M Team (Animations)
Cloud Strife PSA animators (Animations)
--------------------------------------------------
Lucina V2.0 =~ Current Progress: 100% Done! Released on the Vault! ~=
Here's the link to the PSA!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204448
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


==================================================================
THE MOVESET

Movement Animations [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-----
Ground A Attacks [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-----
Air A Attacks [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-----
Smash Attacks [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-----
Special Attacks [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-----
Throws [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

-----
Final Smash [DONE]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hi

If you need some help here and there ill see what I can do.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 23, 2014, 05:25:01 PM #2 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:26:28 PM by Mr. Me
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Since you left the link out... her transition from entry to idle animation is funky. She goes into Marth's original pose into the new one, without any sort of animation, it just jumps to the idle animation. I can't help with it, but maybe she needs a new entry? Or an edit?

How did this happen...

Quote from: drogoth on February 23, 2014, 02:34:44 PM
If you need some help here and there ill see what I can do.
Thank you, I appreciate it :)
Quote from: Mooncheese on February 23, 2014, 06:31:48 PM
Since you left the link out... her transition from entry to idle animation is funky. She goes into Marth's original pose into the new one, without any sort of animation, it just jumps to the idle animation. I can't help with it, but maybe she needs a new entry? Or an edit?
Ah right, I forgot to mention those in the top (along with the Jump Animations). Yeah she definitely needs a new entry animation. Marth's may as well be placeholders at the moment.
Hi

February 27, 2014, 07:04:47 AM #5 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:22:05 PM by HeavyD88
Quote from: HeavyD88 on February 12, 2014, 09:17:32 PMI forgot. I also had some good ideas for some animations for Lucina last night. Like changing her Final Smash to her Critical Aether. In game version, where she lunges, attacks, jumps back, and does a final strike straight through anyone in front of her. I have some good camera angles in mind as well. If Brawl will let me that is.

This was the idea I had for her new Final Smash. I have the first frame for each part of the attack posed in their own chr0 file already. I just need to work on animating it. Also I cleaned up the Wait1 animation again. Some of the bones transitions were off, so I fixed them. I'll send you the new one.

Also I like what you're planning with her moveset. It looks good, I'll test it out and see what I can fix for you. I use BrawlBox to edit my PSA's though. So if that's a problem let me know.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: HeavyD88 on February 27, 2014, 07:04:47 AM
This was the idea I had for her new Final Smash. I have the first frame for each part of the attack posed in their own chr0 file already. I just need to work on animating it.
Ah, there it is. Yeah, that sounds really cool! If you can find a way to make it work, then more power to it!
Hi

Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on February 27, 2014, 07:08:44 AM
Ah, there it is. Yeah, that sounds really cool! If you can find a way to make it work, then more power to it!
I will try my best. Also edited the last post with more info.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it so far. And no, that's no problem. I use BrawlBox and Project Smash Attacks for PSA work myself. Thank you for the assistance, it is much appreciated!

Are there other tools/methods toward doing PSA work anyhow?
Hi

February 27, 2014, 08:53:42 AM #9 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:20:47 AM by HeavyD88
Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on February 27, 2014, 08:23:21 AM
Thank you, I'm glad you like it so far. And no, that's no problem. I use BrawlBox and Project Smash Attacks for PSA work myself. Thank you for the assistance, it is much appreciated!

Are there other tools/methods toward doing PSA work anyhow?
Not that I know of.

Anyway, I'm starting on fixing some immediate issues with what you have so far, Like her sword not showing up during her Win3 animation. Also I'm fixing the timing of her audio, when she speaks to match with some Vis0 animations I already created for her, so it looks like what she's actually saying. I'll see if I can do some minor touch ups on some of her animations as well, then send it back to you to see what you like and don't. Also, you don't have to shrink her model the way you did in the Fit Motion. You could just edit her overall size with the PAC file instead. That's what PM did for Roy to make him appear shorter. I can do that for you if you want. I noticed it was a little off from my most recent version of it. I see you scaled down her HipN bones to 1,0.95,and 1.

EDIT: I just got an idea. If I can get Lucina's Final Smash to be like her Critical Aether, I might make it so that the move heals her a little bit like in the game. I think it was 25% of the damage dealt is what you receive in return, but I'm not sure on that yet. I need to see it's stats again to make it faithful to her in game use.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm downnn. I just downloaded your beta. I'll try working on some of the animations you listed that you needed help with on the op. I also noticed some animations that dont transition to the wait1, shall I do those too?
Also there are some other tools for specific things but you can do most things with just BB. Some people prefer PSA but BB is so much easier to use, for everything. lol


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

February 27, 2014, 09:05:18 AM #11 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:07:48 AM by HeavyD88
Quote from: RevenantGenesis on February 27, 2014, 09:00:50 AM
I'm downnn. I just downloaded your beta. I'll try working on some of the animations you listed that you needed help with on the op. I also noticed some animations that dont transition to the wait1, shall I do those too?
Also there are some other tools for specific things but you can do most things with just BB. Some people prefer PSA but BB is so much easier to use, for everything. lol
That will definitely take a load off of my shoulders. Also if you do some of the transitions, would you mind sharing them with me, since I use that Wait1 anim anyway? Actually I have an updated Wait1 anyway that I was gonna send him I might just give you that as well to work off of.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: HeavyD88 on February 27, 2014, 09:05:18 AM
That will definitely take a load off of my shoulders. Also if you do some of the transitions, would you mind sharing them with me, since I use that Wait1 anim anyway? Actually I have an updated Wait1 anyway that I was gonna send him I might just give you that as well to work off of.

Cool with me, I'll use your wait1 if that's what's being used for the psa.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

February 27, 2014, 09:13:42 AM #13 Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:16:20 AM by HeavyD88
Quote from: RevenantGenesis on February 27, 2014, 09:11:58 AM
Cool with me, I'll use your wait1 if that's what's being used for the psa.
It is but the last one I gave you with that Marth PSA wasn't the newest one. Hold on I'll put up a link for you both to DL it for this PSA.


EDIT:Alrighty here it is. It also has the PAC with the small edits I made so far.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Much obliged to the both of you. If everything goes well, I should be able to release her sooner than expected at this rate!

Also sure Revenant, feel free to make the existing animations loop to the oncoming Wait1. There MAY be a couple of animations that will go through changes (Down Smash comes to mind) later on down the line, but most will stay the same from here on out :)
Hi