Fire Emblem's Lucina PSA - WELCOMING AID!

Started by PallaPal, February 23, 2014, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: JamietheAuraUser on June 23, 2014, 06:02:06 PM
Huh... I've seen multiple "amplification"-esque settings in various menus in Audacity, one of which I couldn't figure out, and another of which didn't seem to do anything at all. And when it did, even when I specified a positive level of amplification, it simply set the volume for everything to 0. So for the slight amount of amplification I did, I did indeed end up using the amplification slider on the left. Which is why I didn't increase it very much, because when I tried that the quality took a sharp turn towards terrible.
I see what you mean... But, I tried to make it as correct as possible. I just need someone to test them and tell me if they were good enough...
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

July 05, 2014, 11:55:50 PM #451 Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:19:49 AM by Friesnchip
So, has there been any progress as of late? It seems like you guys were headed to a solution for the sound problem, but nobody has posted for some time...

Edit: And, uh, as a side note - I just discovered that Lucina's aerial shield breaker can quite literally break a full shield in one hit, as well as cause some serious upward knock-back (at insta-kill speeds) depending of the opponent's position, size, and remaining amount of shield.

Lucina confirmed for Smash 4, whoo hoo! (And apparently we made a more unique one than the official one... great job everyone! lol)

Anywho, I'm working on fixes slowly but surely. I'm usually busy with other things as of late, but what I am definitely focusing on was the Aether glitch. I actually got it to happen for me, and although it was hilarious, I think I will have to change that move in some major way. Her overall recovery is definitely getting nerfed, but there will be further trade-offs in response. That's... all for now I guess, haha.

As always, I welcome any suggestions toward improvements and whatnot.
Hi

Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on July 14, 2014, 05:59:38 PM
Lucina confirmed for Smash 4, whoo hoo! (And apparently we made a more unique one than the official one... great job everyone! lol)

Anywho, I'm working on fixes slowly but surely. I'm usually busy with other things as of late, but what I am definitely focusing on was the Aether glitch. I actually got it to happen for me, and although it was hilarious, I think I will have to change that move in some major way. Her overall recovery is definitely getting nerfed, but there will be further trade-offs in response. That's... all for now I guess, haha.

As always, I welcome any suggestions toward improvements and whatnot.


If I was a professional 3D model artist I could make an exact replica of Smash Bros 4 Lucina. The latest Lucina model that's on the vault...Her face is kinda...awkward...

I'm so glad that Lucina made it in the new Smash Bros. So so happy.

*jumps for joy*
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on July 15, 2014, 04:21:39 AM
I'm so glad that Lucina made it in the new Smash Bros. So so happy.

*jumps for joy*
^This.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

It seems that the user SmashAmass from Smashboards is making some balancing edits to Lucina for the Project M: Unbound collaboration. Perhaps their work could be of some use in conjunction with the official PSA?

If you guys are still looking for extra hands to help out, it might be worth getting in contact with this user.

July 21, 2014, 11:21:28 PM #457 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:21:04 AM by Epitaph01
Hey CrazyHandMasterHand, just wanna say that you and your team (if I can call it that) have done some great work, this is easily the best PSA out there. I love what you've done and can't wait for the next update. There are just a few things on which I would like to comment, feel free to use what I say or ignore as this is just the observations of me and a couple friends, as I like almost everything about Lucina I'll just be posting some  observations that are a bit more critical because as I have said, I love everything else.

First off is the fact that her up smash seems to be lacking any real power and is unable to K.O unless fully charged, something that makes her a bit weak in the K.O category.

Secondly her wave dash (though fun) is not as effective a move as her counter, and (if she were on a tier list) would severely lower her rank.

She also lacks any grab combo's leaving her without any reliable source of adequate damage.

Finally her B-> combo's (love this concept by the way) are a bit slow to use and make it predictable to charge, if it was possible to make her use b-> instantly followed by whichever move you'd like to use, it would make her a much more serious threat while not making her overpowered.

That is all, again I love your work, and cannot wait for the next update, feel free to listen or ignore what I said because I'm sure I'll love your next update regardless. And totally psyched for Lucina in the next Smash Bros

Quote from: Epitaph01 on July 21, 2014, 11:21:28 PM
Hey CrazyHandMasterHand, just wanna say that you and your team (if I can call it that) have done some great work, this is easily the best PSA out there. I love what you've done and can't wait for the next update. There are just a few things on which I would like to comment, feel free to use what I say or ignore as this is just the observations of me and a couple friends, as I like almost everything about Lucina I'll just be posting some  observations that are a bit more critical because as I have said, I love everything else.

First off is the fact that her up smash seems to be lacking any real power and is unable to K.O unless fully charged, something that makes her a bit weak in the K.O category.

Secondly her wave dash (though fun) is not as effective a move as her counter, and (if she were on a tier list) would severely lower her rank.

She also lacks any grab combo's leaving her without any reliable source of adequate damage.

Finally her B-> combo's (love this concept by the way) are a bit slow to use and make it predictable to charge, if it was possible to make her use b-> instantly followed by whichever move you'd like to use, it would make her a much more serious threat while not making her overpowered.

That is all, again I love your work, and cannot wait for the next update, feel free to listen or ignore what I said because I'm sure I'll love your next update regardless. And totally psyched for Lucina in the next Smash Bros
I too am psyched for Lucina being in Smash 4. I also find it ironic that she has a veteran box in non-mobile smashbros.com websites after she was hacked into Brawl. It's as if they acknowledged her status as a veteran in Brawl mods, lol.

Anyway, your feedback really helps a lot! I can definitely work with this material actually. On that note, thank you for the praise on the PSA! This was a lot of fun to see come to fruition!
Hi

July 22, 2014, 01:13:21 AM #459 Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 01:41:35 AM by Epitaph01
Glad I could help, even if it was in such a minor way as this :)

Oh ya, one last thing her A + A combo is a bit too slow to be usable in combat

Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on July 22, 2014, 12:55:12 AMI too am psyched for Lucina being in Smash 4. I also find it ironic that she has a veteran box in non-mobile smashbros.com websites after she was hacked into Brawl. It's as if they acknowledged her status as a veteran in Brawl mods, lol.

I think it's funny that some people actually believe she isn't a newcomer in SSB4. It says so on her page. Just not on the main character screen. Anyway, if we can end up hacking SSB4 later on in it's cycle, I'll totally redo her Wait1 animation to match what she actually does. Like I did for her in this mod.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but whenever I try to insert the Lucina announcer call into the Project M sawnd file, the game always crashes upon loading up.
By any chance do you have a working sawnd with Mewtwo and Roy's calls as well? It's annoying selecting the character and still having MARTH get called out.

Quote from: Raikrom on July 22, 2014, 05:57:14 PM
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but whenever I try to insert the Lucina announcer call into the Project M sawnd file, the game always crashes upon loading up.
By any chance do you have a working sawnd with Mewtwo and Roy's calls as well? It's annoying selecting the character and still having MARTH get called out.
I got it to work once, but never again. I forgot how I did it, but I think you need to delete that Sawnd file that pops up after replacing a sound in Super Sawndz before replacing another Sawnd/WAV file.

On an unrelated note, to Friesnchip, thanks for the heads up on SmashAmass! I contacted him on Smashboards and we are working on getting Lucina into a release of Project M: Unbound. Hopefully it all goes well! I am also working on balancing tweaks for Lucina's vBrawl versions specifically based off of a build that will go for her BrawlEx slot. I owe Kitsu-chan for that one as I am not good at at setting up BrawlEx, haha.
Hi

Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on July 23, 2014, 11:02:21 PM
I got it to work once, but never again. I forgot how I did it, but I think you need to delete that Sawnd file that pops up after replacing a sound in Super Sawndz before replacing another Sawnd/WAV file.
Well that's a bummer. I even tried to go as far to reduce the file-size of the .wav and consequentially the .sawnd, but no luck, crashes as soon as it gets past the loading screen.

Hopefully that PM Unbound version will include a working announcer call! If not someone else.

Quote from: crazyhandmasterhand on July 23, 2014, 11:02:21 PM
I got it to work once, but never again. I forgot how I did it, but I think you need to delete that Sawnd file that pops up after replacing a sound in Super Sawndz before replacing another Sawnd/WAV file.

On an unrelated note, to Friesnchip, thanks for the heads up on SmashAmass! I contacted him on Smashboards and we are working on getting Lucina into a release of Project M: Unbound. Hopefully it all goes well! I am also working on balancing tweaks for Lucina's vBrawl versions specifically based off of a build that will go for her BrawlEx slot. I owe Kitsu-chan for that one as I am not good at at setting up BrawlEx, haha.
That's awesome, they did a great job with Pichu so I'm sure Lucina will be great, I'm even more excited for Unbound now!