Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Soneek on August 07, 2015, 10:16:37 PM
One thing to note, most characters will have different models for 4 player matches and 8 player matches by default.
I already knew this. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 10, 2015, 06:35:49 PM #16 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 08:31:39 PM by russmarrs2
Interesting thread! If you need any help, I know how to script in c# pretty well and I've vertex hacked melee before (which involves some hex editing), so I could try and take a look at these files if you want (not sure I'd know much about them though, lol). I'd also like to ask how you actually get the Smash update's patch folder in order to look at these files (I have an old dump of the files, but that's it)?

August 10, 2015, 07:12:11 PM #17 Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:18:58 PM by Large Leader
Something interesting KJP and I have noticed is that IASA frames (or Allow Interrupt) command doesn't seem to actually be there. Either we're bad at finding stuff or...

1. Allow Interrupt hasn't been identified yet
2. Allow Interrupts now are located in other parts of the characters files

That's all we can tell at the moment. I'm pretty sure Sammi/Dant/Soneek/anyone else could find more than we can at the moment.

Also, Soneek, I was wondering if you would be able to test a change I made to Ryu recently. If you aren't to patch to the most recent update, I also have a change I made to Ganondorf from the very first patch (I believe) that I'd like to see if it was edited properly


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Large Leader on August 10, 2015, 07:12:11 PM

Also, Soneek, I was wondering if you would be able to test a change I made to Ryu recently. If you aren't to patch to the most recent update, I also have a change I made to Ganondorf from the very first patch (I believe) that I'd like to see if it was edited properly

I'm not able to test any Wii U stuff at the moment. The webkit exploit stopped working on my current console, and I'm waiting for a 2nd console to come in (my eBay seller hasn't shipped in almost 10 days so I'm sorting that out). I'm working on a loading solution for the 3DS version, so I'll update here once I'm able to easily load files other than music there.

[censored] your eBay seller. What's his username so we can all go harass him lol.

Posting here just so I can see evolution taking place.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on August 15, 2015, 04:04:17 AM
Posting here just so I can see evolution taking place.

Ricky! Welcome to the new era.

Soneek - I still want to harass your [censored]ASS Ebay selller :)

Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on August 15, 2015, 04:04:17 AM
Posting here just so I can see evolution taking place.

Same old friend

Same

*lurks from a bush*

I'm hoping some of you guys have a Wii U on firmware 5.3.2, as well as at least one Smash update downloaded.

Mine's on firmware 5.4.0. ;-;
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]



Does anyone know if a new Wii U out of the box runs a higher firmware then that?

I haven't actually bought one yet, but probably will just for this.

Quote from: Oizen on August 19, 2015, 02:48:35 PM

Does anyone know if a new Wii U out of the box runs a higher firmware then that?

I haven't actually bought one yet, but probably will just for this.
! No longer available

dat may answer your question

i actualy have the some smash update i dont have the latest one since that was on 5.4.0 and i stayed with 5.3.2 for possible wiiu homebrew.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Cool. Cafiine hasn't been released officially yet, but that's currently necessary for loading any custom files at all. I've started documenting some stuff on the OpenSA wiki, mainly related to music and sound banks so far. I'm learning about model formats now, since I really wanna test some vertex translations. Of course Shadow would be neat, but a few friends are suggesting to try and vertex hack Ryu into Goku. I can easily change the Hadouken voice clips to Kamehameha, and I understand texture replacements.