Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Interesting. Both Goku and Shadow would both attract many "customers" if you will.

Also, I most likely have the most recent firmware, so am I completely [censored]ed?

My Wii U updates automatically, how do I stop that?

Also, aren't there two new DLCs scheduled to come out in October? The ballot winners? That would most likely require a system update, therefore how are we to avoid that in the future?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on August 21, 2015, 03:32:03 PM
Interesting. Both Goku and Shadow would both attract many "customers" if you will.

Also, I most likely have the most recent firmware, so am I completely [censored]ed?

My Wii U updates automatically, how do I stop that?

Also, aren't there two new DLCs scheduled to come out in October? The ballot winners? That would most likely require a system update, therefore how are we to avoid that in the future?
if you are on 5.5.0 then yup you are most likely screwed since 5.5.0 patched the kernel exploit which is what we will use to ram edit and file replacement. To have your wiiu not auto update on standby you need to turn off the quick start menu thing and the download  stuff while offline also you will need to block nintendo ips with opendns or just delete internet settings.

wiiu future is once we develop an emunand we can simulate we have the latest firmware and not update but that isnt possible yet and nintendo is making sure everyone online gets an update wanting it or not and there is no turning back, i have my wiiu unplugged from the web since 5.3.2 to use future homebrew but most people  prefer internet play to homebrew its their call.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dang. I was hoping to be able to test things out, but I also really enjoy playing online

I'd need a second WiiU for testing out these things

Also I want to say it's really cool seeing developments from here, keep up the good work

got caffine running and working is there a way to use caffine to get my smash tupdated from mewtwo dlc to the latest one by file replacing?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on August 25, 2015, 06:15:54 PM
got caffine running and working is there a way to use caffine to get my smash tupdated from mewtwo dlc to the latest one by file replacing?

Not currently. Have you been able to load custom music from BCM? Also, I'd like your assistance testing other suff if possible. I'd need to help you create a custom patchlist that the game will load.

Quote from: Soneek on August 25, 2015, 08:10:54 PM
Not currently. Have you been able to load custom music from BCM? Also, I'd like your assistance testing other suff if possible. I'd need to help you create a custom patchlist that the game will load.

im down for testing, im not a codder i dont know how to find  and decifer stuff and such,but like i said im on the mewtwo update only, also brawl vault is extremely slow for me i cant seem to get it working it takes like 20 seconds to load a page and that is if i dont get an 503 error so if you can PM me on gbatemp  im pedro702 there.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Damn. In summary, we are not able to have the DLC characters plus a hacked Wii U with running Cafiine?

Seems to be the case, unfortunately.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well shidddd. At least currently I'm sure it would be quite controversial for people to have to pick between choosing the hax and the 4 DLC.


DLC content is already in the game in the form of a version update.

It just has to be unlocked.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on September 02, 2015, 08:52:12 PM
though i do wonder how the ryu leaks were made...
they were hacking
they had dlc.
When those videos of Ryu were leaked, they replaced Mario's files.

As br3 says, the DLC is in the updates. Once you get the DLC, it will unlock the file. That's why the file size on the on the eShop is so small.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on September 03, 2015, 11:51:31 PM
When those videos of Ryu were leaked, they replaced Mario's files.

As br3 says, the DLC is in the updates. Once you get the DLC, it will unlock the file. That's why the file size on the on the eShop is so small.

Great point, yet that opens a can of worms. Are you stating that there will be no more DLC because there's no more files found?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on September 04, 2015, 04:03:11 AM
Great point, yet that opens a can of worms. Are you stating that there will be no more DLC because there's no more files found?

I think what he meant is that whenever there's an update, the files are DL'd to your WiiU, and when you buy it, it's unlocked.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.