Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1796918 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5670 on: December 18, 2011, 04:49:02 PM »

lol, u keep coming up with movesets... shouldnt u make more instead of only writing them??? >.<

anyway, those animations are neat, i hope u manage to remake them nicely ^^

Easier said then done derp :V  What do think I'm doing now?

Thinking up a moveset hardly uses up time.  I dedicate minutes of it jotted around every now and then.  If I'm bored wherever I am, I can just imagine up some moveset material.  Then writing it out takes no time.

Making a moveset takes at least a month, usually more depending on my luck, what kind of stuff I have planned for the moveset and most importantly, how much free time I have on my hands (which during this break isn't all that much).
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:05:52 PM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5671 on: December 18, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »

Personally, I really enjoy writing movesets.

I kinda would rather write them than make them.

But since I'm learning PSA, I can't just use up my time writing out different movesets.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5672 on: December 18, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »

Easier said then done derp :V  What do think I'm doing now?

Thinking up a moveset hardly uses up time.  I dedicate minutes of it jotted around every now and then.  If I'm bored wherever I am, I can just imagine up some moveset material.  Then writing it out takes no time.

Making a moveset takes at least a month, usually more depending on my luck, what kind of stuff I have planned for the moveset and most importantly, how much free time I have on my hands (which during this break isn't all that much).

lol, i understand

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5673 on: December 18, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »

Long post concerning Cloud.
    Dissidia models are pretty low-poly compared to brawl. I think I remember Beyond saying he would do an import or AC Cloud from KH2 edited to be better/more his style (or something), but I can't say for certain. As far as the various modes I will just have to wait and see. Also I await the day that you have 50 written planned movesets.

And jeez, fine. You didn't say you stopped playing minus; how was I suppose to know? Chill bro.

What exactly is the current project being worked on? Tekkaman Blade? Or is he more of an on-off project?

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #5674 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:54 AM »

Dissidia models are pretty low-poly compared to brawl. I think I remember Beyond saying he would do an import or AC Cloud from KH2 edited to be better/more his style (or something), but I can't say for certain. As far as the various modes I will just have to wait and see. Also I await the day that you have 50 written planned movesets.

Ah ok.  Well, I only said there since Dissidia has both the FF7 and AC models.  However, I've found a KH2 AC Cloud (I think) model that I will PM to anyone willing to make an import.

And jeez, fine. You didn't say you stopped playing minus; how was I suppose to know? Chill bro.

The fact that I'm not really playing Minus doesn't actually make much of a difference.  If someone is saying in almost EVERY COMMENT "Make a Minus version of this", it gets very tedious and annoying.

What exactly is the current project being worked on? Tekkaman Blade? Or is he more of an on-off project?

Blade, P:M and Secret Santa.  Though all three are going slow.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5675 on: December 19, 2011, 05:32:43 AM »

In fact, Beyond's working with Dissidia's model as a base and will make the texture similar to KH's.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5676 on: December 19, 2011, 06:35:25 AM »

I kinda like this idea.

Even though I'm a kind of person who hates alternate movesets for one character. This one has it's limits. I like the idea of survivability as his strong point to making him overall more powerful and a force to be reckoned with. It's also not the character who is strong. It's the player and how he uses him. Which makes him a huge strategist and technical character.

I'm sensing him to be a good fighter in a 2-player match. Maybe 3-player. But I'm seeing him a person who won't be great in a 4-player match.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to this new Cloud!

And are all of his Specials in his Limit Break mode based off of CSW? (From the last video, they were described like the video.)

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5677 on: December 19, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »

Even though I'm a kind of person who hates alternate movesets for one character. This one has it's limits. I like the idea of survivability as his strong point to making him overall more powerful and a force to be reckoned with. It's also not the character who is strong. It's the player and how he uses him. Which makes him a huge strategist and technical character.
    Yeah.... Meta Knight is strong in competitive Brawl because the players who uses him are the best, and Link's totally bad on tourneys because his mains suck. Roll Eyes

I'm sensing him to be a good fighter in a 2-player match. Maybe 3-player. But I'm seeing him a person who won't be great in a 4-player match.

And from where did you have this idea? He'd rack up the needed damage WAY EASIER there, he would, by all means, be worse in 1vs1 than in 3 players/4 players matches. [And with this I'm NOT saying he'll be weak in 1vs1, more like, stronger on the other 2]

I wonder from where did you get this idea....

This isn't PSA logic though, this is general gamer logic.  When you first get a PSA, you try out the moves to see what they do.  You scan through the specials and see that the Down B does nothing so you're like "what the hell"?  You try it again, still nothing.

But then you get bored and just start wailing on an opponent with the other attacks you do know work then suddenly, something happens.  You and your blade start to glow and you're like "Woah [censored] son what just happened?!".  So you continue mashing and attacking and find, "This glowing blade isn't doing anything to all the stuff that works....wait a sec....that Down B did nothing before but now let's try it out" and OMG STUFF HAPPENS!

Now you look all different and special and glowy.  Let's try attacking some more!  WOAH MORE DAMAGE!  WOAH NEW ATTACKS!  THIS [censored] ROCKS!  

Now that you've found out about this change, you experiment some more to see what it does and how you got it, quickly piecing together (using your common sense) that "when Cloud dishes pain, Down B makes him better".  Further experimentation and logic could help you deduce the specifics and find out about the next stage of the advancement.

If you're somehow stupid enough to not derive this like a normal human being can and theoretically should be able to, then I'm always there with videos and a Readme.  In pretty much all my PSAs (for Kid Buu, this stands out the most) I not only go through the moveset, I include tips on how to use it as well as any particular perks the PSA may have.  I practically spoon feed you how to play with the thing.

And if one STILL doesn't understand the extent of the moveset, then they're insanely stupid.  

None of this kind of stuff is complex at all, gamers have just been getting increasingly dumber and less and less patient to try this stuff out for themselves and I shouldn't have to restrict my creativity (the [censored] programs do that too much already) just because people are stupid and vBrawl is primitive.  

I design characters to be balanced for vBrawl and nothing more.  I like my characters to be distinct and if you don't like it then sucks to be you.  I'm not changing it.
    You're going a bit far by calling these players stupid. I mean, this PSA would only be understandable by the people lurking in here. And for others to enjoy it, outside of KCMM/Smashbaords/Hacking Experience, it'll be painful, and I doubt they'd mess that much with it as to reach the point where they:

"....wait a sec....that Down B did nothing before but now let's try it out" and OMG STUFF HAPPENS! "

That's technically not going to happen. [And the fact vBrawl attacks are so easy to trigger no one would guess how this one'd work]

But, again, this won't be a problem for me, as I'd explain my friends how to use him and see how balanced it is. And this shouldn't stop your creativity. I'm just saying calling them stupid is going a tad too far.

My only concern is... Balance. I really can't wait to see how you'd make it balanced.
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:10:10 AM by Albafika » Logged

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

« Reply #5678 on: December 19, 2011, 08:30:16 AM »

Yo SDoom, question about PSA, would I be able to make an attack cancel halfway, but go into another if the right button or combination combo is pressed?

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5679 on: December 19, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »

Yo SDoom, question about PSA, would I be able to make an attack cancel halfway, but go into another if the right button or combination combo is pressed?
    yes it is possible (or on-hit-cancel system on kid buu/Goku not be made)
    but i think it will be hard to PSA

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

« Reply #5680 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »

yes it is possible, but i think it will be hard to PSA

Hm, I was hoping I could make it if a button is hit during a certain mount of frames it would either result in a new attack or cancel the attack. Guess I'll have to stick with a few different attacks per button

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #5681 on: December 19, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »

You're going a bit far by calling these players stupid. I mean, this PSA would only be understandable by the people lurking in here. And for others to enjoy it, outside of KCMM/Smashbaords/Hacking Experience, it'll be painful, and I doubt they'd mess that much with it as to reach the point where they:

"....wait a sec....that Down B did nothing before but now let's try it out" and OMG STUFF HAPPENS! "

That's technically not going to happen. [And the fact vBrawl attacks are so easy to trigger no one would guess how this one'd work]

If they are physically incapable of reading a Readme or mashing buttons, then they are stupid.  Again, it's not down to PSA or KC-MM experience, it's down to general logic and common sense.  How is it painful to boot up Brawl, go about training mode for 10 MINUTES and play about with some stuff. 

When I place videos and Readmes all over the place on how to use a character and their perks, and people still get that stuff wrong then they're stupid.  Either that or their extremely impatient in which case they shouldn't be playing either way.

Maybe it's just that I'm a more traditional gamer attitude wise.  One that's used to reading manuals then steadily picking up the game as I go along.  I just think this kind of attitude is really silly.

But, again, this won't be a problem for me, as I'd explain my friends how to use him and see how balanced it is. And this shouldn't stop your creativity. I'm just saying calling them stupid is going a tad too far.

My only concern is... Balance. I really can't wait to see how you'd make it balanced.

Balancing will be easy.  His base form is slow.  Like, not much faster than Ike slow.  With half as much power (at base mode don't expect to get kills til about 160% on midweights).  I've designed him so that it's difficult to deal damage, and he's only middleweight and has a poor recovery so he has clear set weaknesses.  Think like Phoenix Wright from UMvC3. 

Infact, balancing a character like this is probably EASIER than balancing a more standard character.  Giving them clear set strengths and weaknesses makes balancing much easier.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5682 on: December 19, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »

@Classy Pervy: He has a tutorial in his second post of the topic on how to create a follow-up attack.

@Albafika: Well, it'd only depend on the people he was playing with. If his opponents were all light weight characters, it'd be easier for him to survive. But if he was fighting more heavy characters who's attacks pack mean punches, they can kill him so fast that he won't have the time to even enter EX Mode...

Trust me, Whenever I play with my brothers/cousin in a four player match, Even though I use Marth (or even Ganondorf) I get killed so easily because so much is happening that you can't react fast enough to stop it. Maybe it's just when we play that it's so hectic...

He'd be good in a 1v1 match because he doesn't have two other people to worry about. He just needs to focus on one person. Plus it's alot easier to keep his distance with less people to fight.

That's the reason I said what I said.

Maybe it's just that I'm a more traditional gamer attitude wise.  One that's used to reading manuals then steadily picking up the game as I go along.  I just think this kind of attitude is really silly.
    I'm kinda like that as well. Even though I love to just grab-and-play brawl, I still like to look for each characters strengths and weaknesses to see what benefits what in whatever situation. They are very necessary things to know.
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:09:04 AM by Royal_Blade » Logged

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5683 on: December 19, 2011, 09:19:47 AM »

@Albafika: Well, it'd only depend on the people he was playing with. If his opponents were all light weight characters, it'd be easier for him to survive. But if he was fighting more heavy characters who's attacks pack mean punches, they can kill him so fast that he won't have the time to even enter EX Mode...

Trust me, Whenever I play with my brothers/cousin in a four player match, Even though I use Marth (or even Ganondorf) I get killed so easily because so much is happening that you can't react fast enough to stop it. Maybe it's just when we play that it's so hectic...

He'd be good in a 1v1 match because he doesn't have two other people to worry about. He just needs to focus on one person. Plus it's alot easier to keep his distance with less people to fight.

That's the reason I said what I said.
    ... Lol. I won't answer to that.

If they are physically incapable of reading a Readme or mashing buttons, then they are stupid.  Again, it's not down to PSA or KC-MM experience, it's down to general logic and common sense.  How is it painful to boot up Brawl, go about training mode for 10 MINUTES and play about with some stuff. 

When I place videos and Readmes all over the place on how to use a character and their perks, and people still get that stuff wrong then they're stupid.  Either that or their extremely impatient in which case they shouldn't be playing either way.

The ones that'd read the Readme would be the ones around the Hacking Community/Hacking Boards. I was jsut going beyond these people and saying the people they play with (Non-Hackers), but that's really out of context.
    Balancing will be easy.  His base form is slow.  Like, not much faster than Ike slow.  With half as much power (at base mode don't expect to get kills til about 160% on midweights).  I've designed him so that it's difficult to deal damage, and he's only middleweight and has a poor recovery so he has clear set weaknesses.  Think like Phoenix Wright from UMvC3. 

Infact, balancing a character like this is probably EASIER than balancing a more standard character.  Giving them clear set strengths and weaknesses makes balancing much easier.
    I can see how it'd work, really.

I'll just await for a release when you actually work on it and drop my sheet of feedback. Tongue

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5684 on: December 19, 2011, 09:50:56 AM »

... Lol. I won't answer to that.
    The ones that'd read the Readme would be the ones around the Hacking Community/Hacking Boards. I was jsut going beyond these people and saying the people they play with (Non-Hackers), but that's really out of context.I can see how it'd work, really.

I'll just await for a release when you actually work on it and drop my sheet of feedback. Tongue
    It won't really matter...people will still call it balanced and worship him anyway, even if it seems broken because it's "another SDo0m creation" and of course everything he makes is 100% balanced. Roll Eyes >_>

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: