Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - CutterKirby64

#1
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 05, 2014, 04:48:48 AM
Aquarium Park is a little laggy with 4 players. You should be able to get rid of it now with the Tristripper.
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on March 05, 2014, 04:56:54 AM
He's using Brawl models, so the tristripper isn't gonna make much. At least, what's the way it's supposed to be. Tristripping only makes sense when one imports models from the outside.

Fusing models, though, may get some small improvement with lag and filesize. But not much.
Like Mewtwo2000 stated, it wouldn't help me, since I've built the entire stage using Brawl models, I've tried to avoid it, but all the models in the stage were necessary to keep it exactly as I wanted it to be.  :P

Quote from: ShadowSnake on March 05, 2014, 05:00:19 AM
Downloads update*

As I said on IST, i think this is one of your best stages yet. You really nailed every detail and it looks like an import.

I think a Gloam Valley v2 would be cool to see, that's probably one of my favorite stages of yours. It's already pretty good but there is always room for improvement.
Thanks ShadowSnake, glad to hear it! I'll probably revamp it, some improvement ideas keep comingo to my mind when I think about a possibly revamp..

Quote from: ToadKart on March 05, 2014, 06:38:02 AM
Ok, my suggestions would be for DK either Seashore War from Tropical Freeze, or any of the lava stages from DKC 2. For a Yoshi stage, maybe a jungle stage from SMW2, like Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy, or Nep Enuts Domain.
Thanks for all the suggestions, ToadKart! As I've said, all of them are being truly appreciated by me!

Quote from: ItalianStallion on March 06, 2014, 04:45:00 AM
Oh man I love u for making this stage, I truly do!
Hey, Enzo! That great to know man, thank you so much!

Quote from: segwayspeedracer on March 18, 2014, 05:01:24 AM
Hi Cutterkirby,

I did some modifications to your SMW stage and, I grew to enjoy it so much, I wanted to share the modification. Would you want me to post it to BV with credit to you, or not do it? Either way it's not a big deal.

Thanks!
Hello there, segwayspeedracer! Sorry for not replying your private message, I have this habbit of disappearing, as most of people know! Didn't want to ignore you, sorry for that. Send me a message again, I'd love to check those modifications before anyone else..xD

Quote from: Erico9001 on April 01, 2014, 01:28:25 AM
I like your deku palace stage – very well done. I looked pretty hard for the easter egg but I don't think I found it. Unless it's the way the bottom of the stage is laid out but I don't think I recognize it from anywhere
:>.>:

Hey if you're still looking for stage suggestions, could I suggest something from Xenoblade Chronicles? There's currently only one Xenoblade stage in the vault right now, and while beautiful, is just a background behind a retextured animal crossing stage. With my PSA of the main character coming out soon, it would be kind of fitting I guess. But ofc, just a suggestion :)

As for more specifics, maybe one of the floating islands in Eryth sea.
Thanks Erico, it's great to see a new face around this thread! Were you able to find all the Easter Eggs? If not, let's say it's more than you can see in battle.. :kdance:
Also, thanks for the suggestions, I've never played any game from Xenoblade Chronicles series, but from what I've searched I can tell that those are really interesting, not only that, but really beautiful! Exactly the kind of stages that I enjoy making, thanks again!  ;)

Anywaaay, as you all might know, when CutterKirby posts someting it always comes with a release, right?
Look's like I've broke my promise again..oh well, let me make it up to you all, again!

Classic Central Highway (Megaman X SNES)






As some you might know, I've released my original Central Highway, based on Maverick Hunter X, back on january but this time I'm here to present the classic SNES version, for all of you fans of the original game! This alternate version comes with a brand new texture revamp and some model edits. Now, for some backstory of how this stage came out: Some time ago, this user named jeffersonian sent me a private message, showing his own retextured version of my Maverick Hunter X's Highway. He showed me a picture of it and then I've realized that there were many Megaman X fans, like me and him, with nostalgic feelings about the game itself. Check his version out:


I've decided to recreate the SNES version as a reward to him for all the efforts to bring to Brawl the original version of the stage. Some of his textures were used, as you all can see. Many thanks to him for reminding me of all the classic Megaman X fans and for the iniciative to recreate this stage! A few people were able to check the verion out before the release, those were my few subscribers on Youtube! There you go guys, a video with both versions of Central Highway, with a little improved quality (compared to Deku Palace's):


Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Here's the download link:



Check out my blogpost for more pictures at: http://infinitesmashteam.com/
Subscribe for showcases and matches: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqyWB2X9D_-kK4Pc-yqsAQ

Don't you guys love my huge walls of texts? xD
I'm still trying to figure out what to do next and I'll be still trying not to disappear all the time, I've been really busy with real life stuff, but I want to keep making some stages and some weekly matches, showcases and stuff on my channel.
#2
Attacks and Animations / Re: KJP's Throne Room
April 17, 2014, 02:14:36 AM
Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 17, 2014, 01:57:33 AM
Somebody needs to port Silver over Sonic or another so we can clone him.
That's exactly what I'm still waiting for, such a great PSA deserves it's own spot.

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 17, 2014, 01:42:00 AM
I cannot, because there are no Ex rels for Falco nor Diddy Kong. :-\

Though I would like to make a proper revamp sometime, but that won't for a while.
In case this interests you, renaming SouthCraft's port over Falco to Lucario works almost perfectly, except that in some animations Silver just flips. By that I mean he's looking at the opponent and in some animations he starts facing the screen. Just throwing that out here. Yup, I've tried to several times to make him work with the avaiable BrawlEx's modules. xD
That revamp you've mentioned sounds pretty interesting, considering how much you've improved since Silver's release. Looking foward to that.  :)
#3
Attacks and Animations / Re: KJP's Throne Room
April 17, 2014, 01:36:48 AM
Hey KJP, just out of curiosity, considering that you've made a BrawlEx compatible PSA, is there any chance of ever making a BrawlEx version of your Silver? It would be great to give him his own slot.
#4
Hey SJS, do you still have the files for these hacks?

I've been looking for them, but couldn't find.. :-\
#5
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 04, 2014, 02:38:10 AM
How about some more Sonic Colors stages?
Quote from: Segtendo on March 04, 2014, 05:47:12 AM
I would love a Starlight Carnival or Asteroid Coaster stage.
Quote from: Chaos_Knight on March 04, 2014, 11:11:42 AM
Personally, I would want Tropical Resort or Planet Wisp.
Sonic Colors stages do have a great potential of being made by me, since I do love all of them and their respectives soundtracks. They all have their interesting concepts, and I'd have to take them into considerations, along with a good spot for a fight and my creativity. Actually, Planet Wisp has more chances of being made, it's an epic place and have been suggested and wanted ever since I've released Aquarium Park.

Quote from: Xerom on March 04, 2014, 04:20:49 AM
I love you.
Thanks Xerom, nice way to express your feelings about the stage, lol. xD

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on March 04, 2014, 06:04:23 AM
Oooooooooh, Deku Palace! I love that place! I'm totally using this~

Too bad I never noticed this thread though... I think I'm going to be keeping watch of it now!
Thanks Lillith! Great to know you'll be using it. I know you love Zelda, and Deku Palace won't be my last stage from the series, so keep on watching!  ;D

Quote from: ToadKart on March 04, 2014, 06:28:53 AM
Awesome stage! Just downloaded it. :)

As for requests, maybe a Yoshi or DK stage to celebrate DKC TF and Yoshi's New Island?
Thanks ToadKart, that's awesome to know!
And for the suggestions, try to be as specific as possible, like the place from the game and stuff.
All suggestions will be taken into consideration.  ;)

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on March 04, 2014, 07:13:34 AM
id be up for a DK stage. ive always wanted to play in mad jack's boss room (just an example)
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be looking at it sir!  :)
Any others with their respectives specifications will be welcome.

Quote from: REVENAUT1313 on March 04, 2014, 02:22:34 PM
You are by far now my favorite stage designer. Apparently I have been using some of your stages already and didn't even realize it. Thanks for the Majora's Mask stage, that game definitely needs more love on the Vault. I'm sure it will be a long time before you come back to it, but I think one section of MM that needs a good stage is on the moon at the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUb5LQ93uNI
Thank you so much, Revenaut! It's a honor to know that. Glad you've enjoyed it, and all the others stages made by me that you've been using. xD
Maybe not that long, after all I had a great time making a stage from MM, and like I said this game needs more love, and I wouldn't mind giving it. Majora's Mask stages are fun to make. Also, thanks for your suggestion! It sure is an epic place to build. Any others will be welcome, especially from MM.  ;)

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on March 04, 2014, 08:06:21 PM
Awesome stage as always, CutterKirby64. It's awesome how the stage looks like imported straight from Majora's mask, and it really isn't.

Btw, from the zip, looks like the stage was made like 1 month ago though, right? :P

Well, I want to present you with this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Both characters are swimming in the water. Left is your water, right is the new water I'm giving you. I've also changed just a little the shadow system so it looks a little darker and less blue. The central pad now includes its own shadow, so I've removed the shadow system model for that one.

I've done it only to the classic one, I suppose a texturedata swap would update the other one.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ronjadioqr1pg/

A small explanation:

Models with semi-ransparent textures that are see-through don't cover the characters, unless you start their name with 'gr2_'. Looks like it's a special name for models in stages so this kind of materials get the priority.

The model has now a shader that's proper for that, but it wouldn't work well without the proper name. So both model and its name have been changed.

It's nice to see you've got now a capture card. But I guess I'll still make a video of your stage to help you advertising it, it takes no time after all  ;)

Keep enjoying this the way you do  :kdance:
Thank you, Mewtwo2000! It's awesome to know that it looks like an import. Actually, the only imported thing is one of the Easter Eggs, which you've been credited for importing. xD
The stage was started back when I first showed some previews of Central Highway, it was in my "to do list", as "Make a new Zelda Stage". I had some of it done, and when I disappeared both stages got stuck. I've got back on track almost immediately after Central Highway's release. But you're right, something like 1 month or more. xD

So, about the semi-transparent, I woudn't imagine that such thing as this detail would interfere in how the model would work. I'm really grateful for the fixes to those models, and for the explanation, really. I've already updated the stage, thanks for always helping me so much, it's good to know that I can count on you for some help sometimes.

It's good to have a capture card, I can record some matches of my stages, make some showcases and all that stuff. Showcases from you would be still appreciated, if it's all good to you, thank you!
It'll be great for advertising, and for showcases with more quality, since yours is better than mine. xD

You can count on me, I'll be enjoying it as much as I can.  :kdance:

So, everyone, first of all the stage have been updated, thanks to Mewtwo2000! Go download it for a better poison, as shown in the pictures above!


About my next stage, I'll keep thinking and taking into consideration all the suggestions, with my decisions and stuff. Since I just got my hands into an updated semi-transparent model, provided by Mewtwo2000, I should update Gloam Valley as well, with the new model for a better effect, while I'm at it, I've been thinking about something, why not revamp it? There are a lot of thing that could be improved, and it would be a quick revamp. Any thoughts?
I might as well post some weekly videos, with showcases and random matches, dunno.
#6
Quote from: LegacyWolf on January 03, 2014, 02:46:04 AM
That looks fantastic. :o
Thanks man, that's great to know!  :)

Quote from: Segtendo on January 03, 2014, 02:48:40 AM
This looks a million times better. Awesome job, dude!

CUTTERKIRBY
It sure had a great improvement, thanks Seggy!
SEGGY

Quote from: 하세요 on January 03, 2014, 03:24:11 AM
From the damn grave. Instant download!
It took some time, but from the damn grave here it is! Thanks Haseyo! xD

Quote from: DSX8 on January 03, 2014, 03:24:59 AM
im impressed @_@


insta-download from me! xD
Hey DSX8, I'm happy yo know that it impressed you! Thank you!

Quote from: Hero © on January 03, 2014, 03:31:55 AM
Amazing stuff CK64, you made one of my favorite game's opening level into a stage.

Although I don't download stuff from BV anymore, this is the only exception. and some others
You need to stop disappearing.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's a honor to know that I'm a part of the exceptions! Thanks Hero! You know, I do try not to disappear, but saddly it's in my veins, I had to disappear for 2 months, or else I'd get crazy..xD

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on January 03, 2014, 03:07:39 PM
I've made one, in case you need it.

[SSBB hack] - Central Highway (By CutterKirby64)

Glad to see you around  :kdance:

Have a happy 2014 ;)
Already told you through PM but, thank you so much for the showcase! I'm really grateful for that! Also, thanks for that little help, I was able to maintain a working collision, just because you told me how to raise the water level! It's good to be around.  :kdance:

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on January 05, 2014, 04:47:29 AM
I have immense respect for you - I can't believe you used the stage-builder block method.

Very few people still do that now that importing's an option.

All the same, you made a fantastic stage. Hats off to you, sir.
Wow, thank you, ForOhFor Error. Those words meant a lot to me, really. It's rewarding to know that people like you respect and appreciate such a method, now that few people use it, like you said. You made me feel acknowledged for doing something that I really like. Thanks again for your words, good sir.  :)

Quote from: Sir Ethan on February 24, 2014, 07:55:28 PM
all I see when I use central Highway over New pork is a black version of the stage
Make sure you've add the module file included in the download in the module folder, or else it'll load Final Destination but without any stage file being loaded. The module file (st_newpork.rel) goes in RSBE>pf>module, and the stage files goes in RSBE>pf>stage>melee, named as STGNEWPORK.pac.

Okay everyone, enough talk, it is time for the good stuff..


Deku Palace (Majora's Mask)






Hey there everyone, I know I broke my promise not to disappear, but it stronger than me, and hey it only took 2 months this time, but I was around in the Brawl Vault..xD
So, I'll make it up to you all with a new stage, straight from the Creepy Pasta main source game, Majora's Mask! It is not fair to give Ocarina of Time all of the lightspots, Majora's Mask deserve some love too! Prepare to travel through Hyrule's paralel universe, the palace of all Deku Scrubs, just be careful not to know the wrath of a king whose darling princess was taken away from him!

Quote from: X on January 29, 2012, 04:09:59 AM
I'm guessing the Zelda stage has something to do with the Sonata of Awakening...
Meh, I dunno... Deku Palace? The monkey teaches you it there in Majora's Mask.
You're the winner, nedless to say that you've hit the X of the question!
...^  :>.>palm:
Well, I've tried. xD

Anywaaay, here it is, the Deku Palace! This time I've decided to focus on all kinds of details, including those that you all won't be seeing during the fight, like the Octorok, and the garden area. As you guy would have probably guessed, it was IMPOSSIBLE to have a decent gameplay only on the lilypads, that's the main reason why I've decided to be a little creative about making a good place for a fight. So, I've decided to creat a custom Deku platform, based on some elements from Woodfall's Temple entrance. Besides that, I've added some bars below the main lilypads avaiable for the fight, that way you or the CPUs won't be swimming through them. Since I had a great time including an HD version for Hyrule Castle's Courtyard, why not for Deku Palace? It's kinda a new tradition to me now. xD
And now, here's something unexpected from me:


Yup, that right, I've finally decided to buy a Capture Card! That's a showcase made by me against my little brother, showing both version included in the download, with their respectives songs (also included). The quality is not the best one, I'm not sure why, but I think it is good enough for my first showcase. Any experienced Easycap users tips would be welcome, to improve the quality. xD
Oh, I almost forgot, there are some Easter Eggs in the stage, think you can find them all...?  :>.>:
I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!! Here's the download link:


Check out my blogpost for more pictures at: http://infinitesmashteam.com/
Subscribe for showcases and matches: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJqyWB2X9D_-kK4Pc-yqsAQ

So, I guess that concludes my old "To do List":

"To do list":
1- Finish Hyrule Castle Courtyard (Done)
2- Make a new Zelda Stage (Done)
3- Mario Stage. (Done)
4- Revamp of an old stage. (Done)
5- Megaman X stage (Done)

Well, untill I figure out what to do next, I'm totally open to sugestions, recommendations and stuff.  :)
It took a while to finish the stage because I've focused on BrawlEx, including new characters and stuff. I might add a Youtube section in the thread, and I might as well record some random matches, showcases and that kind of stuff. I'll be posting them here, it might help to end the Ghost Town that the thread becomes between releases. I do need to be more active and give more attention to my thread.  ;D
#7
Attacks and Animations / Re: Lillith's PSA Thread
February 15, 2014, 02:47:24 PM
I wanted to tell you that I'm loving your Toon Link DX PSA! You've managed to give him a unique feel, with attributes from Wind Waker, making the moveset differ a lot from Link's. Awesome job, Lillith. :)

I'm really looking foward to this Young Link PSA. My suggestion would be adding the Slingshot instead of Arrows, for that unique feel I've mentioned before. It'd be great to have a variation of the standard Arrows used for all kinds of Link's movesets. To implement it, elemental Slingshots would be great too.
#8
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
January 26, 2014, 03:32:48 AM
Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 25, 2014, 03:21:34 AM
I've still got Pokemon Stadium 2 on my copy, but I haven't had any freezes there yet. But then again, I still have the screen showing the names of the characters they're cloned from, and I haven't added stuff like CSPs yet either.

So, that means I'm actually the only one to get constantly freezes on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 with cloned characters? That's weird, they freeze the game before I even get the chance to see their names showing at the screen. :-\

PhantonWings, would you mind telling me if there's any problem while using those characters on Pokemon Stadium? And if there's any kind of solution? With Brawl's normal cast is works great, but a match with cloned characters only lasts something like 16 seconds.
#9
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
January 25, 2014, 12:47:01 AM
Anyone here tried to play with cloned characters on Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2? Whenever I try, after some time, the game freezes, only when a cloned character is in the match. I think the problem might be the huge Display Screen, but that's just a theory.
Btw, I've been trying to change Kid Buu's Announcer Call in ASF1nk's pack, but no luck, since there were no replies and it is kinda related to BrawlEx, I'm just gonna throw it out here..

Quote from: CutterKirby64 on January 23, 2014, 05:15:25 AM
I'm having a little problem using Super Sawndz, my goal is to replace ASF1nk's BrawlEx announcer for Kid Buu with Mewtwo. According to the preview and this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Kid Buu's announcer was sucessfully replaced with Mewtwo's, but when I try to export the whole Menu (ID 220) as a sawnd file, the announcer resets back to Kid Buu, even though is was already replaced. I can hear the announcer saying "Mewtwo" in Super Sawndz, doesn't that mean that it worked? But why it just keeps reseting? I've tried it several times, but always when exporting it the announcer turns back to Kid Buu. Can anyone help me to figure it out?
#10
Quote from: Leon Exodio on January 25, 2014, 12:21:33 AM
it was not going to be a clone of his i was going to make my own version on silver

Oh, I see. Well, too bad you've dropped the project, it sounded interesting.  :-\
#11
Quote from: Leon Exodio on January 23, 2014, 10:41:15 PM
no i dropped the project a long time ago because what i want to do is not possible with out .rel editing

Then I suppose he currently uses KJP's moveset, am I right? If yes, would you mind sharing it? For the sake of having a cloned Silver for BrawlEx, it would be great to have him without replacing anyone from Brawl's roster.
#12
Hey Leon Exodio, that Silver of yours is ported over Peach, isn't he? Do you have any plans to release him?
#13
Programming / Re: Super Sawndz!
January 23, 2014, 05:15:25 AM
I'm having a little problem using Super Sawndz, my goal is to replace ASF1nk's BrawlEx announcer for Kid Buu with Mewtwo. According to the preview and this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Kid Buu's announcer was sucessfully replaced with Mewtwo's, but when I try to export the whole Menu (ID 220) as a sawnd file, the announcer resets back to Kid Buu, even though is was already replaced. I can hear the announcer saying "Mewtwo" in Super Sawndz, doesn't that mean that it worked? But why it just keeps reseting? I've tried it several times, but always when exporting it the announcer turns back to Kid Buu. Can anyone help me to figure it out?
#14
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
January 19, 2014, 04:56:45 AM
Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 16, 2014, 04:39:10 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Did you add to the css icon count? It will be a different number on Asf1nk's pack like 3C or something. you just add however many characters you put in to that count.

Like this.

3C + 3 = 3F

Anything after F goes to the next actual number like 40. You probably already knew how hex count works, but just incase.

Actually I did, on Asf1nk's pack the number is 2C, and I've tried to add 4 more characters, those being Zero Suit Samus and the Pokemons. So, the hex count would be 30, if I'm not mistaken, because 2C + 4 = 30. Something like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But still, nothing happened, all the characters from the pack are still there, but no sign of those I've tried to add.  :-\
Do I need codes like Independent Pokemon Engine and CSS fixes for ZSS?
#15
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
January 16, 2014, 03:56:54 AM
I'm not sure if this has been already discussed, sorry if it was, but how can I add Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and the Pokemons to the CSS? I've tried to simply add their ID to the CSS code (04 for Zero Suit Samus), but nothing happened. I'm currently using ASF1nk's pack.