Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 69
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!  (Read 421278 times)
irishladdie727
Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #345 on: October 14, 2010, 07:05:54 PM »

If you haven't played MGS3, you really need to.  I haven't played MGS4, but I've played through the other 3 multiple times, and MGS3 is easily my favorite story and gameplay wise.  There are just so many little details to the gameplay, and the story manages to be sort of profound without being overwrought and crazy like MGS2's.  It's probably my favorite game of all time, I really wish I hadn't broken my PS2.  You can get Subsistence for like ten bucks at most Gamestops.  No excuse, you're one of the biggest contributors to this thread.

Thank you for the compliment... It makes me feel good to know I am making a difference.  

Sadly, I only own one system that supports a Metal Gear game. It's a Gamecube. It's the Twin Snakes. But that's not gonna be the last Metal Gear game I get, I'm getting a PS3 and MGS4 for Christmas. My Dad tells me the chance of that is 100%. I can't wait.

I watched some MGS3 clips on Youtube, and they are, very good. In your opinion, I see that MGS3 Substance for PS2 is what you would prefer over MGS4. If I was going to get a PS2, I would get Substance and Sons of Liberty. But maybe next year if not this year, since my parents won't get me a PS3 AND a PS2. Wink

So it all comes down to this: A PS3 or a PS2?        

How's about a backwards compatible PS3?  It's a little pricier, has a smaller harddrive, and lacks some of the random bells and whistles of the newer models, but come on, it plays PS2 games...
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64006

And if you get MGS2, you might as well get the "Substance" version of that too, the extras are lots of fun.  Plus, I wouldn't really call MGS2 a great "game" so much as a great "experience", there's good gameplay there to be sure, just not a lot of it.  The special edition fixes that with TONS of extra missions and stuff.  I sound like an ad.  

I'm not equipped to speak on MGS4, so I can't vouch for or against it, but from what I hear, it's basically a 9-hour movie, and when you do actually get to play it feels too much like a regular military shooter unless you're playing on the higher difficulty levels.  This is what I hear from MGS fans.  The gaming critics obviously all thought it was infallible.  Again, I've never played it myself, and if I ever get a PS3, I'm not going to let anybody else's opinions prevent me from trying it out.

On the subject of Brawl Mods, all of my MGS-related projects are basically on hold until you guys can figure out whether or not the texture rips are possible, but I am working on something some of you might find interesting.  I'm about 2/3's of the way through vertexing Snake into Earthworm Jim for eventual texturing and PSA/Animations, the problem being that I have no experience at all in either PSA or Animations.  Any Earthworm Jim fans on the thread?  PM me if you're interested.  Sorry to get off topic.  Back to MGS.  I am technically using Snake's model...
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:27:10 PM by irishladdie727 » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #346 on: October 14, 2010, 07:43:50 PM »

If you are getting the other MGS's, you should get the Standalone edition of MGS3:Subsistence so you can play with the third person camera AND have a second disc full of extras.

For the other two, just get MGS: The Essential Collection.
    It's easier to find than the standalone version of MGS2:Substance.

What you said about MGS4 was right.
    It wrapped up all the loose ends, and there were a lot of them. There were so much, that doing so greatly lengthened the cutscenes.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #347 on: October 14, 2010, 08:46:23 PM »

Iv'e seen MGS4 cutscenes and they are very long, but I have to say, they are very good. It is like a 9 hour movie, I mean, at least 80% of the game is cutscenes. You could almost take all of them and put them on a CD and watch it as a movie, for 9 hours or so, doubting the disc could hold that much.

I hear gameplay was very good, and the story WAS confusing but fantastic. Yoshi is right; all the MGS games brought up questions: which is why MGS4 is so good. It tells the real story.   

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #348 on: October 14, 2010, 11:13:42 PM »

Heh, the last few posts really do sound like an advertisement for the MGS series. So, to wrap this up...

You should buy other games from the Metal Gear Solid series, today! *smile gleam*

Did anyone here know there was a massive parody of MGS3 in Ape Escape 3 called "Mesal Gear: Ape Eater"? I couldn't help but laugh when I saw some videos of the gameplay.
    I should really consider buying my own backwards-compatible PS3...
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 11:16:05 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

irishladdie727
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #349 on: October 15, 2010, 05:43:04 AM »

Heh, the last few posts really do sound like an advertisement for the MGS series. So, to wrap this up...

You should buy other games from the Metal Gear Solid series, today! *smile gleam*

Did anyone here know there was a massive parody of MGS3 in Ape Escape 3 called "Mesal Gear: Ape Eater"? I couldn't help but laugh when I saw some videos of the gameplay.
    I should really consider buying my own backwards-compatible PS3...

Not only that, but MGS3 has the "Snake vs. Monkey" minigames where you play as Solid Snake and chase Ape Escape Monkeys through areas from MGS3.  It was some crossover promotion Kojima did with Ape Escape. 

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #350 on: October 16, 2010, 08:54:37 AM »

Sniper Wolf: My name is Sniper Wolf, and I always kill what I aim at.
    Solid Snake: A lady sniper, huh?
    ------------------------
    Sniper Wolf: Do you want to die now? Or after your female friend? Which will it be?
    Solid Snake: I'll die, after I kill you.

Credit to Friedslick for the textures from MGS:TTS. I still need to fix a few textures, but overal it is good. I'll put it up for download as soon as I can once I am finished. No, that's not your eyes playing tricks on you, she actually has a Sniper Rifle!

Thanks to Friedslick's Sniper Rifle textures he sent to me long ago, I can use them for the Sniper Rifle model! I'll make a PSA later that allows her Sniper Rifle to be aimable, and I will add the infamous laser pointer.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:05:10 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #351 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:15 AM »

Looks good so far.
    You need to morph the face into Sniper Wolf's and add the lipstick.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:29:49 AM by EternalYoshi » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #352 on: October 16, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »

Looks good so far.
    You need to morph the face into Sniper Wolf's and add the lipstick.

Already added Lipstick, you can hardly see it in the pic, I should make it more greenish. I wanted to port Wolf's face over ZSS', but it didn't come out so good. All I did was port the lipstick since it is a very large detail of Sniper Wolf. I'll be happy to improve it later.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #353 on: October 16, 2010, 10:30:54 AM »

If morphing doesn't work out well, you may need to do it the slow way.

Pity the morphing method doesn't let you do one body part at a time.

As for Big Shell, I'm going to finish the Smash Friendly version over SMI after some moar gameplay testing  then make one based off of the Shell 1-2 connecting Bridge.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #354 on: October 16, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »

You know, on the topic of the Big Shell stage, Dream Mix TV: World Fighters has a stage like it (0:30):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlFC4D3cq8</a>

I figure it would be a good alternative. o.o
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:59:36 AM by LC-DDM » Logged

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #355 on: October 16, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »

In theory it does, but.......

That game works differently when it comes to knockbacks and KOs.

Using that would present the same issues as SMI, but more extreme.

Just so you know, I'm trying to make a CP worthy MG themed stage that the folks at
    Project:M will use.

Also,I don't think I can rip anything from that game.

The alternative I'll make is this area:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1RROtdqiM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1RROtdqiM</a>
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:48:47 AM by EternalYoshi » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #356 on: October 16, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »

The alternative I'll make is this area:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1RROtdqiM

So, will that stage include EVERYTHING? Including the Flag, bombs, and cyphers, seaguls and a few other details? So your just going to rip the model, right?          

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #357 on: October 16, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

I already have the model and textures Smiley
    I Just need to find it in my files.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #358 on: October 16, 2010, 04:27:51 PM »

Well, if the DMTV:WF stage was a choice, you could make the Shell struts somewhat lower so they could be less of a wall?

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #359 on: October 16, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »

If you mean the buildings, I would spread them farther apart so that they would be behind the KO barriers.

Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 69
    Print
    Jump to: