Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)
Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)

Pages:  1 ... 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 ... 195
Author Topic: Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview  (Read 791195 times)
Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2400 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:31 PM »

Why are people suggesting "Sunny Day" as a move for Groudon, his ability ALWAYS makes it sunny. So Solarbeam would kinda be OP for Groudon to have.

Well it would be dumb to teach Groudon Sunny Day in a Pokemon game because of the fact that he has Drought.

But seeing as how this isn't Pokemon... nobody has "abilities."

Therefore, Sunny Day is fair game.

And I assume you mean "Overheat."

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2401 on: July 20, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »

Oh and Diabolos' vertex is pretty much done. I just have to texture him now. Because Ganondorf is pretty annoying and confusing to texture, it'll probably still be a while before he actually is released.

How do you figure that Velen? I'm starting to think you just like to complain lol.

Well, I have my reasons.

Like how a majority of Smogon's members are none too kind to people who think outside of their way of thinking.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #2402 on: July 20, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »

Well, I have my reasons.

Like how a majority of Smogon's members are none too kind to people who think outside of their way of thinking.

lol casual player...

like that?

You can't really implement Draught, so giving him Sunny Day as a move suddenly makes sense.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2403 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »

Yes... I mean't "Overheat"

also, could i not be implied that drought is in effect?

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2404 on: July 20, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

lol casual player...
    like that?

I mean like how a lot of them will outright flame you, and show no sense of civility. Aafyre and Victory are two of a few people who are exceptions to this, cause unlike most "Smogonites" They are actually civil about it. Unlike the flagrant sheep that composes most of Smogon's population.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2405 on: July 21, 2011, 02:17:43 AM »

groudon and sub zero are tied lol cmon pokemon fans groudon must win xD and smogon is the best pokemon site ever it made me iv breed and evtrain pokemons the game i played the most was dp where i played like 200 hours but the game clock continuos to say 999 hours lol im waiting for them to update to BW so i can Ev trian and iv breed some good pokes with their movesets xD

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #2406 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:50 AM »

I was actually thinking a bit about Groudon myself.  I was looking through all the moves that he learns, and tried to compile some stuff together, as well as come up with some of my own stuff.  I've tried to keep the moveset as diverse as possible, and I've included moves from all generations.  Here's what I got:

Groudon will be HUGE (look at the One Slot Size mod to see how big he will be) and as a result he will be extremely easy to hit.  To compensate for this, he will be very heavy and have a constant 7% heavy armour so he can take weaker hits.  He'll also be very slow and very powerful.  Stat wise, think Bowser but more exaggerated.

STATS

Character Over - Bowser
    Size - 11/10 Absolutely massive.  Nearing the size of Giga Bowser (just a bit less)
    Running Speed - 3/10 Slow, but actually since he's huge he can move across stages decently.
    Air Speed - 3/10 Also slow
    Combo Speed - 1/10 Combos?  What are those XD?  Sheer one hit wonders.
    Priority - 7/10 Pretty good priority.  Some hitboxes should be disjointed, others won't be.
    Jump Height - 4/10 Mediocre.  Decent-ish jumps, but they're hindered by a super fast fall speed.
    Power - 11/10 Stupidly powerful.
    Weight - 140 (Super-Duper Heavyweight)

MOVESET

AA combo - I'll probably just keep Bowser's AA combo here.  It suits just fine.  10%

F Tilt - A powerful but slow shoulder barge forward.  A bit like Wolf's F Tilt, it has two hits.  This move represents "Strength".  16% (if both hits land).

U Tilt - A strong fiery uppercut.  Comes out fairly quickly, but has endlag so it can't really be comboed into.  This move represents "Fire Punch".  14%

D Tilt - A low hitting tail swipe.  Hits foes away at a low angle.  Has high, relatively fixed knockback and a small chance of tripping foes.  This move represents "Dragon Tail".  12%

Dash Attack - Groudon curls into a ball and rolls forward a set distance.  Comes out fairly quickly and deals multiple hits but has quite a bit of endlag.  Deals up to 5 hits, each hit in ascending power.  This move represents "Rollout".  1+2+3+4+5%

F Smash - Groudon winds up a powerful fist then slams it forward.  Extremely powerful.  Both massive damage and knockback.  Painfully slow start-up and crippling endlag though.  More than Bowser's F Smash.  It does however, haver some pure super armour on release (a bit like how Wario's F Smash does).  This move represents "Hammer Arm".  28-40%

U Smash - Groudon blows an explosive fireball above his head, that erupts sliglty outwards.  Good overall range, however it only works well if the foe is directly above you.  Otherwise it deals rather minimal damage.  This move represents "Lava Plume".  20-30%

D Smash - Groudon stomps on the ground and roars ferociously, causing the earth to shake beneath his feet.  Very similar appearance to Charizard's D Smash, but slower and stronger.  Can only hit opponents on the ground.  This move represents "Earthquake".  20-30%

N Air - Groudon spins around with his tail out.  Hitbox properties similar to Bowser's N Air.  Sweetspots at the tail for highest damage and knockback.  Another Dragon Tail representation.  15% at tail, 10% everywhere else

F Air - A powerful slash forward.  Unlike Bowser's F Air, it's rather slow on startup, but an excellent killing move.  Compare it more to Ike's F Air.  This move represents "Dragon Claw" 16%

B Air - A backwards slash.  Groudon's only truly fast aerial.  Fairly good knockback, but low knockback growth.  This move represents "Aerial Ace".  8%

U Air - Most likely the same as Bowser's, except a bit more like how it was in Melee (i.e. slower and stronger).  18%

D Air - Groudon does a flip and smashes the foe downwards with his tail.  Very slow put powerful meteor smash.  18%

Neutral B: Fire Blast - A slow startup put powerful and fairly fast moving star shaped fiery projectile that surrounds the foe in flames upon impact.  On the ground, it can either be aimed forward or diagonally up-forward (by holding up).  In the air, it can either be aimed forward or diagonally down-forward (by holding down).  10%

Side B Ground: Earth Power - Groudon punches the ground ferociously to cause pillars of flame to erupt from the ground and progress forward.  Each pillar deals high knockback and launches foes into the air.  10% (each pillar, but you'll only hit one of them)

Side B Air: Giga Impact - Groudon spirals down-forward at high speeds.  The startup is fairly slow, and both the landing lag (if you hit the ground) and endlag (if you don't) are crippling, but the move is very powerful and it drags foes down with multiple hits.  If he hits the ground he causes a powerful burst of energy that hits foes outwards.  3% each hit in the air, 15% for the ground burst

Up B: Ancientpower - Groudon surronds himself with a spiralling field of rocks.  On the ground, he stays in place and this acts more as a defensive move.  In the air, he levitates upwards, acting as his main from of recovery.  1% each rock hit.

Down B: Eruption - Groudon releases a burst of fireballs outwards in different directions.  This move is interesting in the fact that it starts off very powerful at low %, but gets gradually weaker as your damage gets higher.  After 150%, the damage is extremely minimal.  Up to 20% at 0% damage, up to 5% at 150% damage

Extra Ability: "Drought" - When Groudon reaches 150%+, you can activate this ability with the D Taunt.  As long as Groudon stays over 150%, his fire based attacks all gain damage and knockback buffs. 

Bowser has no articles (except for his flame) and no external graphic effect models.  This unfortunately is the reason why a move like Solarbeam would be hard to do well.  I could use generic graphics, but it may not look good.  I'll post a few more ideas once I get some later.  Some of the ideas others have come up with are great anyway so I may not need to though.

This of course is only if Groudon wins.  If Sub Zero wins, I could of course just use Aafyre's moveset.  But overall I'm not too fussed.  
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:22:32 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2407 on: July 21, 2011, 04:13:38 AM »

I was actually thinking a bit about Groudon myself.  I was looking through all the moves that he learns, and tried to compile some stuff together, as well as come up with some of my own stuff.  I've tried to keep the moveset as diverse as possible, and I've included moves from all generations.  Here's what I got:

Groudon will be HUGE (look at the One Slot Size mod to see how big he will be) and as a result he will be extremely easy to hit.  To compensate for this, he will be very heavy and have a constant 7% heavy armour so he can take weaker hits.  He'll also be very slow and very powerful.  Stat wise, think Bowser but more exaggerated.

STATS

Character Over - Bowser
    Size - 11/10 Absolutely massive.  Nearing the size of Giga Bowser (just a bit less)
    Running Speed - 3/10 Slow, but actually since he's huge he can move across stages decently.
    Air Speed - 3/10 Also slow
    Combo Speed - 1/10 Combos?  What are those XD?  Sheer one hit wonders.
    Priority - 7/10 Pretty good priority.  Some hitboxes should be disjointed, others won't be.
    Jump Height - 4/10 Mediocre.  Decent-ish jumps, but they're hindered by a super fast fall speed.
    Power - 11/10 Stupidly powerful.
    Weight - 140 (Super-Duper Heavyweight)

MOVESET

AA combo - I'll probably just keep Bowser's AA combo here.  It suits just fine.  10%

F Tilt - A powerful but slow shoulder barge forward.  A bit like Wolf's F Tilt, it has two hits.  This move represents "Strength".  16% (if both hits land).

U Tilt - A strong fiery uppercut.  Comes out fairly quickly, but has endlag so it can't really be comboed into.  This move represents "Fire Punch".  14%

D Tilt - A low hitting tail swipe.  Hits foes away at a low angle.  Has high, relatively fixed knockback and a small chance of tripping foes.  This move represents "Dragon Tail".  12%

Dash Attack - Groudon curls into a ball and rolls forward a set distance.  Comes out fairly quickly and deals multiple hits but has quite a bit of endlag.  Deals up to 5 hits, each hit in ascending power.  This move represents "Rollout".  1+2+3+4+5%

F Smash - Groudon winds up a powerful fist then slams it forward.  Extremely powerful.  Both massive damage and knockback.  Painfully slow start-up and crippling endlag though.  More than Bowser's F Smash.  It does however, haver some pure super armour on release (a bit like how Wario's F Smash does).  This move represents "Hammer Arm".  28-40%

U Smash - Groudon blows an explosive fireball above his head, that erupts sliglty outwards.  Good overall range, however it only works well if the foe is directly above you.  Otherwise it deals rather minimal damage.  This move represents "Lava Plume".  20-30%

D Smash - Groudon stomps on the ground and roars ferociously, causing the earth to shake beneath his feet.  Very similar appearance to Charizard's D Smash, but slower and stronger.  Can only hit opponents on the ground.  This move represents "Earthquake".  20-30%

Not too sure about aerials yet.   I'll think of something....

Neutral B: Fire Blast - A slow startup put powerful and fairly fast moving star shaped fiery projectile that surrounds the foe in flames upon impact.  On the ground, it can either be aimed forward or diagonally up-forward (by holding up).  In the air, it can either be aimed forward or diagonally down-forward (by holding down).  10%

Side B Ground: Earth Power - Groudon punches the ground ferociously to cause pillars of flame to erupt from the ground and progress forward.  Each pillar deals high knockback and launches foes into the air.  10% (each pillar, but you'll only hit one of them)

Side B Air: Giga Impact - Groudon spirals down-forward at high speeds.  The startup is fairly slow, and both the landing lag (if you hit the ground) and endlag (if you don't) are crippling, but the move is very powerful and it drags foes down with multiple hits.  If he hits the ground he causes a powerful burst of energy that hits foes outwards.  3% each hit in the air, 15% for the ground burst

Up B: Ancientpower - Groudon surronds himself with a spiralling field of rocks.  On the ground, he stays in place and this acts more as a defensive move.  In the air, he levitates upwards, acting as his main from of recovery.  1% each rock hit.

Down B: Eruption - Groudon releases a burst of fireballs outwards in different directions.  This move is interesting in the fact that it starts off very powerful at low %, but gets gradually weaker as your damage gets higher.  After 150%, the damage is extremely minimal.  Up to 20% at 0% damage, up to 5% at 150% damage

Other moves I'm not too sure.  Bowser has no articles (except for his flame) and no external graphic effect models.  This unfortunately is the reason why a move like Solarbeam would be hard to do well.  I could use generic graphics, but it may not look good.  I'll post a few more ideas once I get some later.  Some of the ideas others have come up with are great anyway so I may not need to though.

This of course is only if Groudon wins.  If Sub Zero wins, I could of course just use Aafyre's moveset.  But overall I'm not too fussed. 
    Now THAT is one powerful moveset O.O"
    I SO want this to happen! XD

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2408 on: July 21, 2011, 06:23:19 AM »

Ok, I finished all my moveset ideas for Groudon (for the exception of the FS).  If I am able to find a way to do Solarbeam, I'll probably make that the Down B instead of Eruption and make Eruption the Final Smash.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2409 on: July 21, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »

Ok, I finished all my moveset ideas for Groudon (for the exception of the FS).  If I am able to find a way to do Solarbeam, I'll probably make that the Down B instead of Eruption and make Eruption the Final Smash.

i like the moveset but i think the size he is now is preety mutch good maybe making him that size during the FS only would be better becuase on small stages he will just ocupy the whole stage :S

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2410 on: July 21, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »

i like the moveset but i think the size he is now is preety mutch good maybe making him that size during the FS only would be better becuase on small stages he will just ocupy the whole stage :S

Groudon is 11ft.  It would be an overall more interesting and more unique moveset if his ingame size reflected how huge he actually is.  The impracticalities are balanced out by stuff like heavy armour.  How do I know it could work well?  Because this works well:  http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20691

It enhances him quite a bit.  Makes him feel more like you're playing as Groudon.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #2411 on: July 21, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »

Groudon is 11ft.  It would be an overall more interesting and more unique moveset if his ingame size reflected how huge he actually is.  The impracticalities are balanced out by stuff like heavy armour.  How do I know it could work well?  Because this works well:  http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20691

It enhances him quite a bit.  Makes him feel more like you're playing as Groudon.

The only really bad thing about this is... How would he fight in stages like Hyrule Temple? Or Spear Pillar? Or other stages with ceilings?

Giga Bowser gets stuck in those stages... Groudon would likely too.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2412 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »

The only really bad thing about this is... How would he fight in stages like Hyrule Temple? Or Spear Pillar? Or other stages with ceilings?

Giga Bowser gets stuck in those stages... Groudon would likely too.

Why do you think i got rid of those stages? XD

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2413 on: July 21, 2011, 08:04:24 AM »

Groudon is 11ft.  It would be an overall more interesting and more unique moveset if his ingame size reflected how huge he actually is.  The impracticalities are balanced out by stuff like heavy armour.  How do I know it could work well?  Because this works well:  http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=20691 It enhances him quite a bit.  Makes him feel more like you're playing as Groudon.

i didnt use the size mod yet but  if tha air moves will do like 18 damage or more like you said and him being this big it will be too easy to just destroy the oponent but i will try that size mode when i get home just to see how is hit  and dmage from foward smashes doing up to 40% is insane  i think he should be like lucario maybe make the more damage he has the powerful his moves get maybe in the begining he would have few damage and knockback and from 100% up gets an extra buff and 150% damage up he gets what damages are now  i think it would be fun since he could activate sunny day too when getting the high damages xD

also like the user abode me said that size he will be stuck on small stages even in luigis mantion :S

Colter
    Extreme Kitten

Infrared Impaired

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2414 on: July 21, 2011, 08:05:30 AM »

speaking of which, i know it's a 'bit' unrelated, but is that clone engine working well?
    you know... to download groudon without regret

and more to the conversation, you fight with giga bowser anyways in these stages. i don't think it would be too much of a problem to fight with him there. i mean, giga is a legitimate gameplay creation, and the creators didn't care too much to do anything about him fitting into cramped areas. groudon will probably be the same.

plus i don't have those stages anyways. all my stages are much like fd, just different backgrounds.

Pages:  1 ... 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 ... 195
    Print
    Jump to: