SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!
Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1784170 times)
RevengeHunter
Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #645 on: January 13, 2011, 01:21:24 PM »

The only thing I agree with is the down smash being OP. Damage is too high and it kills most people at 70-80% on Smashville. The rest is fine IMO. That guy is making him underpowered, think like Zero but weaker and slower. And he's thinking way too much about tournament legality. Why would a tournament allow PSA hacks (except if it's just for fun)?

Off-topic: someone voted on the 'This option indicates the start of a different poll' option XD

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #646 on: January 13, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »

The only thing I agree with is the down smash being OP. Damage is too high and it kills most people at 70-80% on Smashville. The rest is fine IMO. That guy is making him underpowered, think like Zero but weaker and slower. And he's thinking way too much about tournament legality. Why would a tournament allow PSA hacks (except if it's just for fun)?

Off-topic: someone voted on the 'This option indicates the start of a different poll' option XD

It's only that powerful because of it's speed and rather small range.  It has (I calculated) about 25 frames of start up.  That's almost half a second.  But meh, it's too late to change it now.  I have no intention of ever touching Shadow again.

Also, yeah I loled at that XD I wouldn't be surprised if someone voted for the "How do you think I should revamp V.Joe?" question as well since people are funny like that on this forum.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #647 on: January 13, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »

definitely the best poll option:
    "----- (This option indicates the start of a different poll)"

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #648 on: January 13, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »

I didn't watched this topic for a while, and I was surprised to see the video on the first page of Deadpool! It made me laugh a lot! Excellent work! Laugh

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #649 on: January 14, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »

Changing polls is fun Awesome Face

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #650 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »

So...moonwalking for a back dodge huh? XD

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #651 on: January 14, 2011, 02:14:58 PM »

For the poll, you should put "Who?"

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Soverign
    Mega Kitten

So much win

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #652 on: January 14, 2011, 02:44:11 PM »

Ummm... Pie AWESOME 2.0!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #653 on: January 14, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »

I just realised something....

Look at the views for this topic....

BigBadBooya
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #654 on: January 14, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

BTW nice moon walk

It's impossible to rush perfection, but you can still pressure it.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou! - I will teach you fear now

O o         
    /¯/________________________/
    { BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!!
    \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #655 on: January 14, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

BTW nice moon walk

Thats what I thought. I can't wait for the release

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #656 on: January 15, 2011, 01:16:43 PM »

Items: Just no. Items are banned from tournaments for a very good reason. That and Shadow would have all the time in the world to get anything that isn't a grenade and just start firing at someone while they're trying to recover. That or they can make one while the enemy is coming back via spawn. The cons don't make a bit of difference in all reality. However, I will add that I like how Shadow was kept in character from his own game, even though that game was composed of extreme ass.

You've provided a version without items, this complaint is just silly

Chaos Control more properly belongs as the Final Smash. It'd be way more acceptable there, especially for people that for some reason like using actual items. It's kind of a pick and choose between your Blast and this, but I'd go for Chaos Control anyday.
    I'll get on to Side B in just a moment.

This complaint would be fine if the person took into account the players that do use items, then you'd have an Assist Trophy that has Chaos Control AND a Final Smash for it too AND the stopwatch item? Boring, you've got a certain system set that racks up points to get to use chaos control, I would just make it so you could hit Shadow on every frame before he gets to use chaos control

And on top of all of this, you have a version Without Chaos Control, another silly complaint

Besides, what you have for a Final Smash now is similar to this:
    Þn4

and this:
    Öm:

So it's fine

AAA Combo: 21 damage is absolutely absurd. Knock it down to 9 total damage.

This I agree with, I never noticed it did 21 damage myself

Tilts:
    - Forward: Little too much range, drop damage from 11 to 7
    - Up: Drop damage from 12 to 8
    - Down: good to go. no issues.

The forward tilt would be completely useless without it's range, I agree about the damage, it should be taken down a bit, but it's range makes it a good poking move, without it you mine as well just dish out the AAA combo

For the up tilt I agree, take damage down a bit

Dash attack: drop damage from 8 to 4 or 3.

I'd say this is fair

Smash attacks:
    - Forward: Damage from 22 to 13 max, 10 minimum.

No no no no no...no, this is where things start getting ridiculous, I understand completely about making his regular quick fast moves weaker, but we can't forget Shadow has a good amount of power, his max should stay where it is, it reflects his ability to be powerful and it's unlikely to ever pull off a fully charged smash attack so there's nothing wrong with it, making it to be 13% would just kill off any benefit of charging his attack, I don't know what the minimum damage for no charge is but 12 seems fine

- Up: Damage from 16 to 9, shoots character up instead of to the side.

If 16 is the minimum damage without a charge, I agree make it 9, and 16 as the max seems fair, I also kind of agree about the trajectory

- Down: Damage from 28(!?) to 14.

HELL NO, I understand this guy's intentions but he's taking it too far, the down smash has enough startup lag to be classified as a good power move that rarely gets pulled off but when it does it's devastating, keep this move as it is otherwise it will lose it's unique purpose in the moveset

Aerials:
    - Neutral: damage from 9 to 5
    - Forward: damage from 15 to 8, possibly become a spike.
    - Back: damage from 10 to 8.
    - Down: copy Lucas. 14 is pretty absurd.
    - Up: damage from 10 to 6.

I agree on all of these except for the Forward attack, the forward should stay as is because of it's startup lag, or if you want to decrease it, only to 12 would be more acceptable

Throws: no issues on throws!

B attacks:
    - Neutral: Damage from 10 to 6 or 7.

No, this attack would become completely useless, it's already near impossible to hit with this move effectively and it has a crapload of endlag on it, if you make it's damage even weaker then it's use will be 100% null, if anything increase the damage a bit since the move is almost completely useless as is, when I play I have no reason to attempt it ever

- Chaos Spear: Just literally copy the Samus Charge Beam mechanics, but leave the attack animation as is. That way it's not OP in any way, and Shadow can get out and keep charging later if he's in danger of being hit. Even the animation that's involved when an opponent is hit by the charge beam would be good here.

No, just no, this would make the move just a copy of samus', it's uniqueness is in the fact that you can use it as a laser like Falco or Wolf BUT you can also charge it which reflects it's use in Sonic 06 where you could dish out the weak ones fast or charge up for a stronger one, only thing is the stronger ones in that game make an explosion, you could add that in if you want for flashiness but leave the damage and knockback the same

- Chaotic Hurricane: Drop the damage from 15 to 6, and cause Shadow to not be able to do anything else until he lands. This will prevent abuse with people using it like it's Fox's Side B. People could just short hop and side b all day with this, and that's no good.

This complaint is absolutely ridiculous, this move is almost impossible to hit with because it's so telegraphed and easily blocked, and on top of that you're completely vulnerable right after you use the move, if you make this that weak it's use will also become null

- Up B: Question. Does this cause damage on impact like Zelda? It'd be a good idea to let it do about 7 damage, but not a whole lot of knock back. Also good to make this ability free for you to go any direction, like Fox, Zelda, Shiek, etc.

I absolutely agree on making it so you can use it in any direction, Shadow could teleport anywhere he wanted and throw out a quick attack

Look here:
    Òn}

In that case though don't have it do any damage, that would be overpowered, make it so you have to time the attack yourself when you re-appear

- Down B(gound): this just looks weird. This is probably better off as a simple reflector, dealing 4 damage if done on the enemy, and make the graphic and hitbox smaller.

Shadow really can't reflect things like a reflector, he can distort time and space with a chaos emerald so making it so the enemy ends up attacking the other way is fine, making it a reflector would be generic and unfitting to Shadow's character, making the hitboxes smaller would make it useless really, this move is fine as is, maybe make the damage that it does when you randomly get the 1/3 chance of it doing damage less powerful but that's all

- Down B(air): Drop damage from 20 to 10 and cause Shadow to not be able to do anything until he lands. "Vulnerable Fall" as I call it. Move would be similar to MK's neutral B, but not as good.

Really I never get 20 damage, not all the hits connect and even then the enemy can DI out of the move easy, it's their fault if they fail to properly DI and get stuck in the move, and not once have I ever been ablt to hit an enemy after this move is over, most of the time they just fall down before I finish the move which in that case I wouldn't even use the move if I become vulnerable in the air most of the time

To put it simply, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this move, leave it so he can throw out attacks after the move because in the off chance an enemy decides to DI TOWARDS you after the move, they should be punished for such a stupid action, and the other reason is because most of the time the move fails to hit an enemy on every hitbox and they fall early so making it so Shadow is defenseless would make this move a piece of garbage, as it is now I use it as a good surprise attack every now and then but even then the enemy usually just DIs out of it halfway through

DON'T CHANGE THIS MOVE

I think that covers just about everything that would make this a bad ass character to toss out in a real Brawl match. I do like this moveset, that's for sure. These changes would make for a perfect contender to participate in a real tournament match. If you can make those changes that'd be hella sweet. Want to collaborate on this and a few ideas I've been having lately for other stuff?

If you listen to this guy completely you'll have a character worse than the Roy and early Zero PSAs(fun to use, but absolute garbage if you want to win)

I've been using Shadow a lot lately and like most B+ characters I don't find myself ever having an easy time killing opponents without taking damage
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:23:51 PM by Sanitys_Theif » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #657 on: January 15, 2011, 01:28:22 PM »

The AAA combo does 14 or 15% (not sure which though).  I have no idea where he is pulling 21% from.

And all the values he stated for the smashes for MAXIMUM values (21% max for F Smash, 16% max for U Smash and 28% max for D Smash).

I might as well sure you the PM that I sent him:

You do realise that with those nerfs that would make him the weakest character in the game by far? He would barely be tournament viable at all because of how weak he'd be. In his current state he's slower than Sonic, but with these changes he'd be weaker too. He would be stuck right at bottom tier for the lack of any power and he wouldn't even have enough speed to help either (heck these changes make his attacks do less damage than Metaknight). Now let me re reply:

AAA: It doesn't do 21%, it does 15% maximum and the last two hits are easily shieldable.

F Tilt: Close up it does 11%, on the "slash" hitbox it does 8%. The point is that the slash works as a poke.

U Tilt: Meh I don't really see the difference here. It sort of works like Pit's U Tilt (which does 16% btw) so 12% is rather generous (that's also the same as Sonic's U Tilt in damage).

Dash Attack: The early hitbox does 8%, the later one does 6% I believe. It's overall 2% stronger than Sonic's dash attack (but has less knockback). Making it weaker in both power and knockback to Sonic's is again absurd.

F Smash: Your having a laugh right? You do realise that Sonic's F Smash does 14% MINIMUM? Not to mention that this smash is slower and has a bit less range than Sonic's F Smash? It does 16% minimum charge because that makes sense (it's somewhat like Mario's sweetspotted F Smash but still a bit slower).

U Smash: The damage drop you said here would make it the weakest smash in the game for any character. This is meant more as a combo smash attack rather than a killing one (it won't kill uncharged until about 150% +) Also, the direction it hits the opponent depends on when it lands. If you land the move instantly, it hits them at a 45 degree angle. If you land the move midway, it will hit the upwards. If you land it at the end, it hits them behind you.

D Smash: The power is because of the fact that it is painfully slow and has rather pitiful range. Putting it to 14% maximum would make the move completely obselete.

N Air: This is the same as Sonic's except that I've removed the sex kick like properties and it's just one long lasting hitbox. Instead of doing 12-9-6%, it does 9-9-9%.

F Air: Find me a slow but strong knockback meteor smash that does 8% and I'll give you a cookie. Meteor smashes like this are designed for power in mind.

B Air: Most multi hitting aerials do more than 10% anyways. I was generous to lower it to that. Again this is like Sonic's B Air but with less knockback and damage, but more speed and combo potential.

U Air: Early hitbox does 10%, later one does 7%. It's actually pretty hard to combo with this I find since it doesn't come out quite quick enough and lacks the range that Mario's or Falcon's U Air has (since it resembles those moves).

D Air: You do realise that Lucas' D Air does up to 24% yet you're saying that 14% is absurd for a move that serves exactly the same purpose? And Lucas is F Tier >.>

Neutral B: Meh it does a tad more than Sonic's (which is 8%) but it could probably be a bit lower.

Side B: It's not that simple. You see the way that Samus' Neutral B charges up is rather complex. Trust me when I say that I tried multiple ways of charging, but this turned out the most efficient.

Side B Air: It's hardly spammable for two reasons. One is that the trajectory is predictable after a while (since it's always exactly the same) and two is the fact that the hits can be shielded (even whilst the attack is hitting). And again, it's priority is only medium so if you use it and fail you can easily take a Smash attack to the face and probably die.

Up B: To answer the question, no it doesn't. This was to work solely as a vertical recovery move. The recovery can be overall assisted if you press B during certain frames of the aerial Side B or the aerial Down B (which will in turn cancel those moves into this one). I tried to make it so that he could DI slightly to the right or left during the ascent (like with Ike's Up B), but that didn't really work too well.

Down B (Ground): I tried to a reflector ages ago, but it didn't work at all. Again I tried multiple things but it didn't work (I think it's merely Sonic's compatibility with reflectors or something). So I did this instead as it works as an edgeguarding tool mainly.

Down B (Air): The damage is dependent really on what your opponent's % is (since the knockback growth means that they will be hit outwards). How it simply works is each hit does 5% and if your lucky the hits will repeatedly connect. But the move has pretty low priority so if you want to recover with it you can easily get spiked or interrupted whilst doing it.

Items and Chaos Control: Did you even read what I said last PM? I said that there was a version that DOESN'T HAVE ITEMS OR CHAOS CONTROL. The FitSonicNOGUNCC is the one without weapons or Chaos Control (so it's essentially the tournament viable one) so if your talking about this whole "contenter to participate in a real tournament match" thing, you shouldn't even include these moves as there is the version without them.

So really, I don't see how this makes Shadow tournament viable at all. All I see is it makes him terrible. With what you're saying he would be weaker in every aspect that Sonic. His range would be worse (besides his one projectile move), his recovery would be worse, his speed would be worse and his power would be worse (and heck his priority wouldn't even be very good because of his lack of any power). He may move fast, but his attacks themselves aren't amazingly quick. His main killing smashes (for example) have a fair amount of startup lag and fairly poor range.

I designed Shadow to be good but beatable, which is precisely what he is. I personally find he could easily slot into the current tier list without much problem (somewhere in B tier I think). I go by the law that if he's worse than Metaknight or Snake (you can't possibly say he's better than either of those two), then he's fine.

And as I said in the video description, this is the final version that I'm going to do. I have other PSA projects that I want to do and to be honest this one is starting to get a tad on my nerves. I have no intention of even touching it again in PSA.

Apologies for sounding like a twat. I can come across like that sometimes, I just really don't want to dwell on this PSA for longer than I really need to since I have other stuff that I want to be doing and I find needless "balancing" to be a bit of a chore (and I make these merely for fun).

Sincere regards,

SDo0m Smiley

In other news, Deadpool is coming along nicely.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #658 on: January 15, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »

The AAA combo does 14 or 15% (not sure which though).  I have no idea where he is pulling 21% from.

And all the values he stated for the smashes for MAXIMUM values (21% max for F Smash, 16% max for U Smash and 28% max for D Smash).

I might as well sure you the PM that I sent him:

You do realise that with those nerfs that would make him the weakest character in the game by far? He would barely be tournament viable at all because of how weak he'd be. In his current state he's slower than Sonic, but with these changes he'd be weaker too. He would be stuck right at bottom tier for the lack of any power and he wouldn't even have enough speed to help either (heck these changes make his attacks do less damage than Metaknight). Now let me re reply:

AAA: It doesn't do 21%, it does 15% maximum and the last two hits are easily shieldable.

F Tilt: Close up it does 11%, on the "slash" hitbox it does 8%. The point is that the slash works as a poke.

U Tilt: Meh I don't really see the difference here. It sort of works like Pit's U Tilt (which does 16% btw) so 12% is rather generous (that's also the same as Sonic's U Tilt in damage).

Dash Attack: The early hitbox does 8%, the later one does 6% I believe. It's overall 2% stronger than Sonic's dash attack (but has less knockback). Making it weaker in both power and knockback to Sonic's is again absurd.

F Smash: Your having a laugh right? You do realise that Sonic's F Smash does 14% MINIMUM? Not to mention that this smash is slower and has a bit less range than Sonic's F Smash? It does 16% minimum charge because that makes sense (it's somewhat like Mario's sweetspotted F Smash but still a bit slower).

U Smash: The damage drop you said here would make it the weakest smash in the game for any character. This is meant more as a combo smash attack rather than a killing one (it won't kill uncharged until about 150% +) Also, the direction it hits the opponent depends on when it lands. If you land the move instantly, it hits them at a 45 degree angle. If you land the move midway, it will hit the upwards. If you land it at the end, it hits them behind you.

D Smash: The power is because of the fact that it is painfully slow and has rather pitiful range. Putting it to 14% maximum would make the move completely obselete.

N Air: This is the same as Sonic's except that I've removed the sex kick like properties and it's just one long lasting hitbox. Instead of doing 12-9-6%, it does 9-9-9%.

F Air: Find me a slow but strong knockback meteor smash that does 8% and I'll give you a cookie. Meteor smashes like this are designed for power in mind.

B Air: Most multi hitting aerials do more than 10% anyways. I was generous to lower it to that. Again this is like Sonic's B Air but with less knockback and damage, but more speed and combo potential.

U Air: Early hitbox does 10%, later one does 7%. It's actually pretty hard to combo with this I find since it doesn't come out quite quick enough and lacks the range that Mario's or Falcon's U Air has (since it resembles those moves).

D Air: You do realise that Lucas' D Air does up to 24% yet you're saying that 14% is absurd for a move that serves exactly the same purpose? And Lucas is F Tier >.>

Neutral B: Meh it does a tad more than Sonic's (which is 8%) but it could probably be a bit lower.

Side B: It's not that simple. You see the way that Samus' Neutral B charges up is rather complex. Trust me when I say that I tried multiple ways of charging, but this turned out the most efficient.

Side B Air: It's hardly spammable for two reasons. One is that the trajectory is predictable after a while (since it's always exactly the same) and two is the fact that the hits can be shielded (even whilst the attack is hitting). And again, it's priority is only medium so if you use it and fail you can easily take a Smash attack to the face and probably die.

Up B: To answer the question, no it doesn't. This was to work solely as a vertical recovery move. The recovery can be overall assisted if you press B during certain frames of the aerial Side B or the aerial Down B (which will in turn cancel those moves into this one). I tried to make it so that he could DI slightly to the right or left during the ascent (like with Ike's Up B), but that didn't really work too well.

Down B (Ground): I tried to a reflector ages ago, but it didn't work at all. Again I tried multiple things but it didn't work (I think it's merely Sonic's compatibility with reflectors or something). So I did this instead as it works as an edgeguarding tool mainly.

Down B (Air): The damage is dependent really on what your opponent's % is (since the knockback growth means that they will be hit outwards). How it simply works is each hit does 5% and if your lucky the hits will repeatedly connect. But the move has pretty low priority so if you want to recover with it you can easily get spiked or interrupted whilst doing it.

Items and Chaos Control: Did you even read what I said last PM? I said that there was a version that DOESN'T HAVE ITEMS OR CHAOS CONTROL. The FitSonicNOGUNCC is the one without weapons or Chaos Control (so it's essentially the tournament viable one) so if your talking about this whole "contenter to participate in a real tournament match" thing, you shouldn't even include these moves as there is the version without them.

So really, I don't see how this makes Shadow tournament viable at all. All I see is it makes him terrible. With what you're saying he would be weaker in every aspect that Sonic. His range would be worse (besides his one projectile move), his recovery would be worse, his speed would be worse and his power would be worse (and heck his priority wouldn't even be very good because of his lack of any power). He may move fast, but his attacks themselves aren't amazingly quick. His main killing smashes (for example) have a fair amount of startup lag and fairly poor range.

I designed Shadow to be good but beatable, which is precisely what he is. I personally find he could easily slot into the current tier list without much problem (somewhere in B tier I think). I go by the law that if he's worse than Metaknight or Snake (you can't possibly say he's better than either of those two), then he's fine.

And as I said in the video description, this is the final version that I'm going to do. I have other PSA projects that I want to do and to be honest this one is starting to get a tad on my nerves. I have no intention of even touching it again in PSA.

Apologies for sounding like a twat. I can come across like that sometimes, I just really don't want to dwell on this PSA for longer than I really need to since I have other stuff that I want to be doing and I find needless "balancing" to be a bit of a chore (and I make these merely for fun).

Sincere regards,

SDo0m Smiley

In other news, Deadpool is coming along nicely.

Forget What I said you handled that nicely, I completely forgot about multiple hitboxes on attacks during later or earlier frams of the attacks, and I also forgot that the AAA is easily shieldable, and seeing as some of his %'s were made up then there's no need for a change really

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #659 on: January 15, 2011, 04:04:54 PM »

Big long posts give me headaches.

Deadpoll gives me sex.

Can't wait to see progress on him Wink

Pages:  1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 515
    Print