SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Cool. I was just about to look at your Follow-up tutorial. I was like, "man, i have to go through another page to find it..."

Then you were at the top.

And is your Secret Santa related to kcmm or RL?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

KC-MM Secret Santa.  I do also have another one irl, but it's hardly a priority and won't take long at all XD

ah. just curious.


Also a question PSA related with your Follow-up attack tutorial.
Does the loop code (the one to change subaction) have to be in the other tab or could the main tab work as well?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on December 11, 2011, 03:21:37 PM
ah. just curious.


Also a question PSA related with your Follow-up attack tutorial.
Does the loop code (the one to change subaction) have to be in the other tab or could the main tab work as well?

Well, it can be in any tab.  I personally just put it in the Other tab for the sake of organisation.  Much like you can actually put graphics in the SFX tab, or SFX in the Main tab.  It's done solely for the sake of organisation.

Ah, ok then.


I have another question.

I'm trying to give Link the Shield Bash as his neutral special. (For a little project)
I have it split into 3 parts, SpecialNStart (puts his shield up), SpecialNLoop (actually shield bashing), SpecialNEnd (revert from shield-up to idle).
I'm trying to make it so that only when link is bashing his shield out, he can reflect projectiles. (So during the Special Loop)

Also I want to make it so that If I press the special button again I can shield bash again while his shield is still up. Would the follow-up attack work or would i have to do something different?

Edit:
And how can I make him check if he has an item in his hand before performing an action?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on December 11, 2011, 03:55:14 PM
Ah, ok then.


I have another question.

I'm trying to give Link the Shield Bash as his neutral special. (For a little project)
I have it split into 3 parts, SpecialNStart (puts his shield up), SpecialNLoop (actually shield bashing), SpecialNEnd (revert from shield-up to idle).
I'm trying to make it so that only when link is bashing his shield out, he can reflect projectiles. (So during the Special Loop)

Also I want to make it so that If I press the special button again I can shield bash again while his shield is still up. Would the follow-up attack work or would i have to do something different?

Well, personally from the sound of the attack it sounds like it could just be set into one animation to make life much easier and more organised.  So I'll say it as if it was just one animation.

In the Subaction:

Main Tab:
Asynch Timer: "However many frames there are before he swings his shield"
Defensive Collision: 3-0-2
Asynch Timer: "However long the shield swing lasts"
Terminate Collisions
Set Loop: "From the end of the swing to whenever you want to ability to swing again not to be triggerable"
        If Button Press: 1
              Change Subaction: (Same subaction)
        End If
        Synch Timer 1
Execute Loop

If the Defensive Collision doesn't work, alternative you can make it block projectiles by having LA-Bit: 65 get set where the Defensive Collision would be, and the variable then getting cleared where the Terminate Collisions would be.


QuoteEdit:
And how can I make him check if he has an item in his hand before performing an action?

Simple.  Just use If: 1F (Holding Item)

Got a feeling who your secert santaing for and what the PSA is


Hmm... I was testing it out in-game and it seems like Link isn't actually shield bashing...
He just starts and ends... I haven't really done anything to the specials tab. could that be a reason?
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

I bet the Secret Santa is me!  :af:
Nah... No one ever Secret Santa's me.. )':

Lookin' forward to Blade though!

Quote from: xZedkiel on December 11, 2011, 07:10:01 PM
Lookin' forward to Blade though!
You're talking about Tekkaman right? (I always get confused when this sorta stuff happens.)
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on December 11, 2011, 07:17:08 PM
You're talking about Tekkaman right? (I always get confused when this sorta stuff happens.)

Here's Tekkaman:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And here's Tekkaman Blade (the one I'm doing):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And to answer your question, yes it is because you didn't change the Action tab.  Change Action 112 to this:

Change Action: 0 Requirement On Ground
Additional Requirement: Animation End
Change Action: E Requirement In Air
Additional Requirement: Animation End
If: On Ground
       Set Edge Slide: 2
       Set Air Ground: 6
       Change Subaction: Ground Shield Bash
Else
       Set Edge Slide: 5
       Set Air Ground: A
       Change Subaction: Air Shield Bash
End If

the  santa secret im looking forwards to
also tekkaman (too bad its over Pit :( but will still try it)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Thanks alot SDoom!

Edit: I was reffering to Zedkiel saying "Blade"

Then I asked if he was reffering "Blade" as "Tekkaman Blade" or Me. (cause of Royal_"Blade")

Edit2: *fixed
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Hey SDoom, just wondering but do you ever plan on working on your PSA/Animating video tutorials ever again?