Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 13
Author Topic: ~PROFESSOR LAYTON [Another puzzle solved!]~  (Read 64857 times)
cuckoos
Hyper Kitten

let the pupies hit the floor

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: October 24, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »

Hey everyone, cuckoos from Koo.pac here. Now, as it seems, Dantarion is continuing his work on the spectacular Clone Engine once again. After hearing the news, I had remembered something of great importance; My good friend Pik had showed me progress of a Professor Layton model the other day. So I thought that using this model, I could be the first in the brawl hacking community to create a perfectly balanced, perfectly reasonable, and basically, a brand new character in it's entirety

There isn't much progress as of yet (Pik only recently gave me the Layton model), but there will be soon if we get more people to pitch in.

I guess you could call this a Koo.pac project, except this one isn't as disappointing as SSE2

Here is the model, in all of it's glory:

Team:
    -Cuckoos [Animations, PSA work]
    -Pik [Providing the model]

What we have done:
    -Finished the Layton model

What we need to do:
    -Moveset
    -Animations
    -Porting it over Ike

WE NEED ANIMATORS
    I can't stress this enough! I cannot do all of the animation work by myself, and we can't even borrow animations from other characters due to Jeff's strange bone structure.

[I'll post more info tomorrow, so don't lock this thread seeing as I will have much more progress and proof to show.]

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »

Jeff has the same issue as Sonic. Almost every character has their RShoulderJ rotations at 0,0,0 by default.

Sonic has 179.blah,0.blah,0.blah
    Jeff has -180,0,0

To give Sonic other animations you had to add 180 to his RShoulderJ X Rotation in every key frames. For Jeff, you have to -180 from it. The opposite of what I showed how to do in this tut for dealing with Sonic.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6i1sRnLTX0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6i1sRnLTX0</a>

Same concept. Just subtracting for Jeff instead of adding. Annoying as hell but better then having to make all new animations. Sonic's animations work fine on him btw.
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:23:13 PM by dingoberriz » Logged

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »

Thanks, although we're quite aware of this. I'm actually kind of surprised cuckoos didn't even mention who we were porting him to... :U (sonic - his proportions work out the best on him as well)

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

• Awards Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »

O shat thats Jeff?Weird >.>

Anyways looks like a hell of a epic job if ya really get him done.I never played his games so i dont know anything he does...i just know who he is.
    For B i suggest he throws a book.

BTW why Ike?

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »

Thanks, although we're quite aware of this. I'm actually kind of surprised cuckoos didn't even mention who we were porting him to... :U (sonic - his proportions work out the best on him as well)

What we need to do:
    -Moveset
    -Animations
    -Porting it over Ike

WE NEED ANIMATORS
    I can't stress this enough! I cannot do all of the animation work by myself, and we can't even borrow animations from other characters due to Jeff's strange bone structure.

I saw these two things so I didn't think he was aware of how to fix the animation swapping and tried to help. His fault for the misunderstanding. ;P
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 08:39:40 PM by dingoberriz » Logged

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:19 PM »

He was never going to be ported to Ike. It's alright if cuckoos decided to change things up, I'm just saying I was under the impression it was still over Sonic.

edit:
    Infact, I originally just wanted a clean port to Sonic: it was intended as a silly surprise update on Stack Smash. (one-slot Supersonic Layton!)

Most of my hacks have giant wait times. I preferred that this was kept secret until release (it's been done for ages haha), although there's no harm in this thread

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:00:00 PM by Pik » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

• Awards Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »

one-slot Supersonic Layton
    Seeing this made me sad and depressed Im srs here but thats very lol'ly.
    Remove this thread,it never happened >.>

But i would have really love to see this as a psa or a 1 slot model for someone like Mario or anyone Sad
    « Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:04:40 PM by DMN666 - LuckyEva » Logged

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 05:10:30 AM »

I'm putting him over Ike because of articles. Ike has two extra sword articles in his FitIke.pac (or his MotionEtc, I don't really remember), which can be used for implementing Layton's fencing sword easily into his movepool. This is going to use the clone engine anyways, so in the end it doesn't really matter who he goes over. If the cone engine isn't finished and is stopped being worked on, THEN we'll worry about porting.

asdf sorry I didn't tell you pik
    « Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:14:19 AM by cuckoos » Logged

Link40
    Extreme Kitten

You can not resist the power of the Wunderwaffe !

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 05:40:39 AM »

Wow. This Layton model is really amazing, but it don't wonders me since it is Pik's work...
    But with a PSA done for it.... There is no word which could describe how awesome it will be.

I wish you good luck ! Smiley

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 02:39:26 AM »

I might be able to do a few animation for him or maybe some PSA work when it gets to that point.

Wouldnt it be easier to do him over Marth though? Since his moveset and fighting style would be more fitting of Layton's fencing style? I cant really imagine Layton swinging his little rapier around like its a broadsword lol.

actually if you dont already have a few animations and a moveset in mind

wait1-stands calmly while holding his sword
    wait2-reaches up and messes with his hat rim
    wait3-reaches with his left hand and sweeps dirt off of his right sleeve

(he should use his free hand to hold onto his hat during most if not all of his attack animations. A true gentleman never removes his hat, even when in the midst of battle  Awesome Face)

AA-two sword thrusts
    Side A- a simple sweep similar to Marth's
    Up A-swats his sword upwards
    Down A-pokes at the ground in front of him
    Foward Smash-wildly lunges forward, then returns to where he was standing
    Up Smash-squats then swings his sword upwards
    Down Smash-Pokes his sword into the ground and does a spin-kick of sorts

Aerial Neutral- spins clockwise in the air with his sword pointing outwards
    Aerial Forward-kicks forward with his right leg
    Aerial Back-swings his sword backwards, similar to Ike's
    Aerial Up- rams his elbow upwards (has a small hitbox,an upwards meteor of sorts)
    Aerial Down-firmly stomps downward with both legs

Special- No idea.... Slot machine gun would be nice, but that would be hard to make unless you could make it as an article. I dont really know if thats possible or not though....
    Side Special-Puzzle-a confuse/stun sort of move. He describes a puzzle and anyone near enough to hear it is confused and unable to solve it. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/CL4M9/ProfessorLayton.jpg
    Down Special-Push Back- a counter of sorts. He blocks an attack then forcefully pushes them off, sending them sliding backwards, several feet away. They cannot move or act until they come to a stop. Does no damage, just helps to disrupt a constantly attacking opponent. The more damage they have on them at the time the further they are pushed away.
    Up Special-Layton's Flying Apparatus-a cloud of dust surrounds layton then he shoots upwards riding on his flying contraption. It goes so far up into the air then he jumps off. Similar to Snake's cypher i guess. Once again, not even sure if this is possible unless you can create it as an article and replace it in instead of Ike's sword during that animation. If you need to see what it looks like, its in this video
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6VZYdBeaKk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6VZYdBeaKk</a>

Final Smash-No idea

good luck with it. hope i can help
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:08:16 AM by Weyard » Logged

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 04:30:37 AM »

You should release the Jeff model as an assist trophy hack so we don't have to wait for Layton in brawl.

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »

You should release the Jeff model as an assist trophy hack so we don't have to wait for Layton in brawl.
    Pik can if he wants, since it's actually his model, but I don't plan to.

@ Weyard: You're more than welcome to help with animations and such.

As for the moveset, you're on the right track. Since Layton uses a fencing sword, I plan to make all attacks that utilize his sword based off of classic fencing techniques (Parry, Riposte, Lunge, Feint, etc). All other moves will probably be based off of the various puzzles found in the first and second games. During the time that I'll be doing work on the project, I'll replay these games to get a better idea of Layton's special moves, neutral moves, and playstyle overall. I'll post the finalized moveset soon.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:05:50 PM by cuckoos » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »

ok thanks. You wouldnt really need to play through all of them though since he only fights in  Diabolical Box and the movie, Eternal Diva. Theres also plenty of running around and moving in the movie to give you a better feel of how he should work. You should be able to find every segment of the movie on youtube, and i would post the whole playlist here but im not sure if thats allowed or not xD.

Ill just get a fresh Ike.pcs and fitmotion and go from there.

Anyway ill start on it tonight and post it when its presentable. Then you can pick the animations you like and add them to your official one. I should be able to use other characters animations for the most part or atleast to simplify things.

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 06:48:56 PM »

Thanks Weyard. I'm glad you're helping with this.

Also, I gave Layton Snake's Wait1 animation, but still managed to keep Layton's original proportions. How did I do this? I'd tell everyone, but it only works for animations that are made to loop, and not even all of those animations. So I've finished an acceptable Wait1 for him, so now we need to worry about attacks. Running and all movement should be straightforward from now on, butI need to make a final moveset so we can start with animations.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »

I messed around for about an hour and had a decent wait1 that would have worked but i accidentally deleted one frame and it messed the entire thing up. Glad to see you found one already.

But does he have horrible posture like Snake? All hunched over like that?

I also swapped Ike's Forward Smash with Marth's Neutral Special and it looks nice. A simple lunge. That would probably look good with his model. Cant really think of anything else that would work as a forward smash.

oh and are those the final textures on him? The coat should be more brown than gray and the stripe on his tophat is blurred. And his mouth is too high on his face.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 13
    Print
    Jump to: