Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: ~PROFESSOR LAYTON [Another puzzle solved!]~  (Read 65057 times)
DSX8
Stage/Character Importer
Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #180 on: October 10, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

Lol Beyond doesn't make PSAs and never has done XD

But.....*strokes beardless chin*

Hmmm....
    *sniff's a few times*
    y do i have a feeling ur thinking of making him a PSA? Awesome Face

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #181 on: October 10, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »

Problem is, I have very few ideas for him since I really don't know much about the character.  And since he's over Luigi, I'd have no graphic models and only one article to work with.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2011, 02:35:29 PM »

Problem is, I have very few ideas for him since I really don't know much about the character.  And since he's over Luigi, I'd have no graphic models and only one article to work with.

But I'd love you forever if you did make it  Happy Face

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #183 on: October 10, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »

Well, he doesn't really need any articles.

AA - Layton jabs with his elbow, then swings his arm, firmly back-handing an opponent.

Side A - Layton gives a restrained punch

Up A - Layton swats overhead with one hand

Down A - Layton lightly kicks the ground ahead of him

Forward Smash - Layton holds onto his hat and bends back one leg. When the button is released he firmly kicks.

Up Smash - Layton goes into a thinking pose with a finger on his chin. When the button is released a large question mark (arranged gfx) appears above his head, damaging opponents.

Down Smash - Layton holds onto his hat and squats down. When the button is released he gracefully spin-kicks on the ground.

Luigi's Aerials work pretty good actually. They might not need to be changed.

B - Puzzle - Layton recites a well known puzzle. (He motions with his hands as though he is vividly describing something) The puzzle is so mindboggling and difficult that it confuses/stuns anyone near enough to hear it. (Hitbox extends out from his body a certain length. Special collision that causes stun) [Basically the same as Jigglypuff's sing, but a bit more range]

Side B - Quick Wit - Layton quickly points a finger forward. (At the tip of his finger is a hitbox with short knockback and hitstun) [Basically, its a quick attack used to start a combo. You knock the opponent away a short distance then chase with whichever move you like. For balancing, it should have a lot of ending lag if an opponent doesn't come in contact with the hitbox]

Up B - No Idea. Without a good article you can't make his gliding machine or anything. Maybe he holds onto his hat as it begins floating upwards? That might work.

Down B - Retort - Layton blocks with both arms. If hit by an opponent he forcefully swings open his arms, knocking the opponent away. (Has a set amount of knockback and no growth) [Basically, its a counter, but instead of using it to revenge kill an opponent, you knock them a set distance away and chase however you like]

This way, he could be a combo oriented character. Just because hes a gentleman doesn't mean he isn't proficient in hand-to-hand combat. He definitely doesn't "need" his inventions and such to have moveset potential. Just being one step ahead by knowing the knockback distance on some moves will make him pretty interesting.

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »

*skips reading everything*
    I can help animate

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #185 on: October 11, 2011, 12:18:35 AM »

Im going to try a few animations tonight and see how they go.

He needs to be a bit taller than he is now, but we can adjust that in the animations. The height i used in these is about right. Its Snake's proportions, but with better posture.

Nevermind, Pit's proportions are better.

Test these out using Beyond's Layton model (not the size-mode version. we dont need it)

Wait1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a5vg3ah3bc1al3x

JumpF
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vmnfw13taq07zzy

JumpF2
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7iat2n7obkbewcb
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:40:25 PM by Aether » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 10 11 12 [13]
    Print
    Jump to: