Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Segtendo on October 24, 2011, 03:05:14 AMWhat did I just say? DROP IT.
Sorry, I haven't seen your edited message when I posted my message, but I will get back on topic, I was just defending myself...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

October 24, 2011, 03:11:31 AM #5881 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:18:26 AM by Eternal Yoshi
...
...
I need a tutorial for resizing him.

So do I just export him as a .dae, resize him in 3ds max 9 and re-import him?

But AiS doesn't work with his model, fixed or otherwise.

October 24, 2011, 03:13:41 AM #5882 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:14:43 AM by TommoPuppy
WHY DOES THE THREAD ALWAYS EXPLODE WHEN I'M NOT LOOKING? Geez guys, just because there is a massive breakthrough in the Brawl hacking scene and all, it doesn't mean you have to- OMFG MODEL IMPORTS OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Quote from: GiganVelen on October 23, 2011, 09:39:42 PM
Well that makes my making Chargeman in Blender useless...and I know nothing about how to use 3DSMAX to make models from scratch...
Finish model in Blender, export as .3ds or some other format 3DSMax can understand and go from there. That's what I plan to if i decide to make models from scratch for Brawl, since I'm more used to Lightwave than 3DSMax nowadays.

Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 23, 2011, 09:55:19 PM
Anyone know of a good Miku model?
:srs:
You're kidding. You're kidding, right? MIKUMIKU DANCE! :|

Quote from: Vitinho on October 23, 2011, 11:39:07 PM
hey uhmm i dont know if i should put this here but anyway i was trying to usa the new brawl box and this meesage showed up:
To run this application, you must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
V4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for intructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.
what should i do?
People who ask these questions instead of taking the obvious solution of DOING WHAT IT ASKS YOU TO DO and just Googling for .NET Framework (which every Windows user should already have), to be frank, should be dragged out onto the street and beaten with a sack of oranges.  :notimp:

Quote from: GiganVelen on October 24, 2011, 01:59:33 AM- Lack of clarity in tutorials: Not everyone is tech savvy, or should be expected to be able to glean all needed information from the vaguest of details. This was my exact problem with Mariokart's Vertexing Tutorial. It was too vague, but if not, it was hard to understand.
Quote from: GiganVelen on October 24, 2011, 01:59:33 AM-The fact it's new: It takes time for people to learn how to use something properly, and even more time to master it's use. To expect people to understand how to use it properly from the get go, even after reading the tutorials, is logically asinine. Look at vertexing, and look how long it took our most famous vertexers to get as good as they are now. Therein lies my point.
Quote from: GiganVelen on October 24, 2011, 01:59:33 AM- Make the instructions of the tutorials as simple, but have as much clarity as possible. Technical jargon that only the tech savvy will understand will only confuse people and make importing a specialist field like it was with vertexing.
>Implying that dealing with 3D models is easy.
The best thing about the learning curve here is that it PREVENTS [censored]ty hacks from flooding the vault, thus killing everyone's joy about full model imports.

Quote from: Segtendo on October 24, 2011, 02:37:35 AM
I'd rather see Roo's version since I've seen him around more than Tokoyami.
I'd rather see Roo's because Roo knows what he's doing.

October 24, 2011, 03:19:03 AM #5883 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:21:49 AM by SuperSmasher
w0w this thread has exploded and i really do not feel like reading the past however many pages, but anyway, i tried using that ichigo model from a few months ago i tink & it saved fine re-opened it, mesh is there etc. etc. but when loading a stage, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........  :rage: unplug wii, double check file size on my lappy, and the new ichigo pcs is 3.865591397849462 times SMALLER than the fitike00.pcs. im at a any suggestions???

ps i also have a motion etc that fixes sword rotation which is .02 MBs bigger, just throwin' it out thar.

EDIT: ok we r down 2 a semi-freeze thats what i call it when it freezes with no beep.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Oh, rashnuts. :srs:

I tried to import Sanae and got this error in BrawlBox.

Quote from: BrawlBox error
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance on an object.
at BrawlLib.Modeling.Collada.ImportModel(String filePath)

I went through the meshes and pasted, as per instructions in the tutorial.
Would the error occur if I missed something?
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: SuperSmasher on October 24, 2011, 03:19:03 AMw0w this thread has exploded and i really do not feel like reading the past however many pages, but anyway, i tried using that ichigo model from a few months ago i tink & it saved fine re-opened it, mesh is there etc. etc. but when loading a stage, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........  :rage: unplug wii, double check file size on my lappy, and the new ichigo pcs is 3.865591397849462 times SMALLER than the fitike00.pcs. im at a any suggestions??? ps i also have a motion etc that fixes sword rotation which is .02 MBs bigger, just throwin' it out thar.

I have the same problems with my Karakasa HomeRun Bat, exept the crash is at the warning screen (before the intro begins)... Boy, if only I knew what to do...
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Miku just refuses to load in-game, even after all the fixes made by Camonsters.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 24, 2011, 03:13:41 AM
People who ask these questions instead of taking the obvious solution of DOING WHAT IT ASKS YOU TO DO and just Googling for .NET Framework (which every Windows user should already have), to be frank, should be dragged out onto the street and beaten with a sack of oranges.  :notimp:
Oranges you say? :af:
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



October 24, 2011, 03:25:39 AM #5889 Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:28:27 AM by TommoPuppy
Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on October 24, 2011, 03:23:48 AM
Oranges you say? :af:
Whut. Also I can't watch that since I'm at uni right now

I can't wait to start playing with this when I have more time! What's the story with running Source models through the chain of conversions into Brawl? Gonna get some gmod models up in this. Also, what about Super/Street Fighter IV?

Quote from: Tabuu Hatsune on October 24, 2011, 03:22:26 AM
Miku just refuses to load in-game, even after all the fixes made by Camonsters.
I'll take a look and see what's causing the problem early tomorrow morning. Gotta get going for now.

Quote from: TommoPuppy on October 24, 2011, 03:25:39 AMWhat's the story with running Source models through the chain of conversions into Brawl? Gonna get some gmod models up in this. Also, what about Super/Street Fighter IV?
Noesis can convert Source models (.VTF textures and .MDL models) to .PSK models and other texture formats, which can then be imported into 3D Studio Max with the ActorX importer. They can then be exported as .DAE models and re-imported into Brawlbox.
Here's a link to a SSFIV character pack:
http://www.gfxworld.ws/index.php?/news/comments/street_fighter_4_character_models/
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

It will happen.
Someday...[spoiler]
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Friedslick6 on October 24, 2011, 03:41:24 AM
Noesis can convert Source models (.VTF textures and .MDL models) to .PSK models and other texture formats, which can then be imported into 3D Studio Max with the ActorX importer. They can then be exported as .DAE models and re-imported into Brawlbox.
Here's a link to a SSFIV character pack:
http://www.gfxworld.ws/index.php?/news/comments/street_fighter_4_character_models/
Thanks bromeister.

RTB, this message will probably be lost somewhere once you come back online but I think the reason that the metal textures don't work the way you want them to is because they don't have a texture matrix. I've told you this before, but texture matrices are used when a texture is referenced more than once.

I can't really add them in after the model has been built for the first time because that would mean I would have to re-write all the primitives, and that would make normal models grow greatly in size because tristrips aren't supported yet. I might be able to find a work around for that though.

That's what I think the problem with the metal textures is.