Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3861265 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6840 on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:59 PM »

Im srs here

Programming all this is gonna take a while

Hey can you add support for color nodes?

The models I'm dealing with have way too much polygons/objects to borrow another stage's nodes.

I already dded the feature to manually add color nodes and attach them but removed it temporarily because it's more of an advanced feature that can easily go wrong (at the moment) and I hadn't added the support to change what color the node has yet.

WoW Thanks.  So would it be a good idea to rename this feature from "Enviroment" to "Null Normals" ?    
    Edit: Or add a null normal  feature? *points at blackjax*

No. Im srs here

Facial expressions are something that we're bound to want, after all this metal rage goes away >.>

I started programming a VIS0 editor into the model viewer about a week ago

There's a way, the way I import them.

Basically, you need to hex a brres file:

- Make an empty CHR0 animation in your brres
    - Save it and open it with an hex editor
    - Find the name of the character animation folder (AnmChr(NW4R))
    - Rename it to AnmClr(NW4R), AnmTexPat(NW4R) or whatever.
    - Find the CHR0 string related to the animation you created. Change it with CLR0, PAT0 or whatever.
    - Save, and get into brawlbox.
    - In brawlbox, you will get the correct folders with empty CLR0, PAT0, SRT0, etc files. Just import a valid file over the empty one, and save.

And that's it. I'm sure programming the importing for all these would be really easy. Still, while it's not supported, you can do this trick.

If you already have some working CHR0 node in your brres, just export it, and re-import it once you're done adding othertype nodes.

I'll just add a button for each node for you guys. Im srs here

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6841 on: November 16, 2011, 05:54:19 PM »

So what's left to be programmed before we can expect the next update?

Cuz, i'm holding off on importing any models until there's at least working texture matrix support. No rush, just wondering though.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #6842 on: November 16, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »

xD

Right now, the most important thing would be the support for metal textures, you should concentrate on this before more and more half-made characters are out. These other tweaks can wait, in my opinion.

Edit: +1 with Beyond  Kirby Dance

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6843 on: November 16, 2011, 06:03:36 PM »

So what's left to be programmed before we can expect the next update?

Cuz, i'm holding off on importing any models until there's at least working texture matrix support. No rush, just wondering though.

The texture matrices should work, just turn em on or off. Im srs here
    The only bug left in the current released version is the layerflags for the material, but they won't mess up as long as you don't change the texture coord trans/rot/scale in the material refs.

I think the only things left until the next update are to get the object importer to stop failing to write the vertex/etc nodes and stop internally deleting the object primitive manager, and then to figure out why I can't save metal material edits directly but I can when exporting. And I guess the ability to create/import new vis0/etc nodes. Of course, it's always the really obscure and indirect errors that stop releases Im srs here

xD

Right now, the most important thing would be the support for metal textures, you should concentrate on this before more and more half-made characters are out. These other tweaks can wait, in my opinion.

Edit: +1 with Beyond  Kirby Dance

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMmMmMMMmmMmk

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6844 on: November 16, 2011, 06:05:47 PM »

what are texture matrix???

is NEO the chosen one there?*shot*

seriously, what are they?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6845 on: November 16, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »

what are texture matrix???

is NEO the chosen one there?*shot*

seriously, what are they?
    its wats used to make the textures work properly... i think

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

« Reply #6846 on: November 16, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »

Hey, BJ, do me a favor and pm me the link to tcll's chat real quick? Cant remember it.....its been a while lol

Thanx,

~Masal

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Protoman.EXE
    Extreme Kitten

Netbattler pro.

• Awards Hot Topic Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6847 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »

xD

Edit: +1 with Beyond  Kirby Dance
    ^This BJ, This.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:10:21 AM by Luigi Wants MMX » Logged

Sig by Segtendo. Epic

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

« Reply #6848 on: November 17, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »

So what's the story on the support for the different animation files? Are the .shp0 files getting any love, or just .pat0 and .vis0?

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #6849 on: November 17, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »

So what's the story on the support for the different animation files? Are the .shp0 files getting any love, or just .pat0 and .vis0?

This ^ I think Clash of Ninja Revolution uses either .pat0 and .vis0 :l

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #6850 on: November 17, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »

Is it possible that models imported with the latest brawlbox don't work well with the old 0.63d version of brawlbox? The first 0.65 worked fine in that way, but something seems to happen with the new one. Not a big deal, but it would mean the latest version is doing something wrong.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6851 on: November 17, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »

Is it possible that models imported with the latest brawlbox don't work well with the old 0.63d version of brawlbox? The first 0.65 worked fine in that way, but something seems to happen with the new one. Not a big deal, but it would mean the latest version is doing something wrong.

I changed primitive groups to write triangle facepoints all as one triangle primitive, not as multiple small triangle primitives with up to 30 facepoints each. It seems to reduce filesize and it works in Brawl, but I don't know why it would affect v0.63d. That's the only thing I changed. O.o

Btw, I added the ability to rename/delete/move brres group nodes, but I had to move the new/import buttons to the group node because Brawlbox would associate where to put the node with the name of the group. Why would you need to rename or move a brres group though? Just wondering.

So what&#039;s the story on the support for the different animation files? Are the .shp0 files getting any love, or just .pat0 and .vis0?

SHP0 is practically done, I just need to understand it a little bit better to finish it. SRT0 though, not so much (I'd have to code an animation editor for textures... Im srs here).

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

« Reply #6852 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »

Open source, eh... When I preview a model right after import, I get an error followed by the normal preview without polygons, but it saves properly and saves work afterwards. And both of these errors remind me of how 0.64 required you to preview the model before exporting a dae.... polygon related, I mean.

Also: Yay for SHP0! And for moving brres groups is useful at least for organization, because you'd have to recreate every brres group if you wanted to mimic its old file, and with files that contain 20 brres files, it would be nice.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6853 on: November 17, 2011, 08:53:45 PM »

I changed primitive groups to write triangle facepoints all as one triangle primitive, not as multiple small triangle primitives with up to 30 facepoints each. It seems to reduce filesize and it works in Brawl, but I don't know why it would affect v0.63d. That's the only thing I changed. O.o

Btw, I added the ability to rename/delete/move brres group nodes, but I had to move the new/import buttons to the group node because Brawlbox would associate where to put the node with the name of the group. Why would you need to rename or move a brres group though? Just wondering.

SHP0 is practically done, I just need to understand it a little bit better to finish it. SRT0 though, not so much (I'd have to code an animation editor for textures... Im srs here).
    hmm i've noticed that last night when i previewed a dae imported stage in brawlbox 63d modset 4.2.. shows nothing in the preview while giving an error... might be the primitives... and i noticed that the Unknown4 in the latest BB is bak as 257 instead of 256 lol

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6854 on: November 17, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »

hmm i've noticed that last night when i previewed a dae imported stage in brawlbox 63d modset 4.2.. shows nothing in the preview while giving an error... might be the primitives... and i noticed that the Unknown4 in the latest BB is bak as 257 instead of 256 lol

Yeah, characters are 257 and stages/items are 256.
    I'll add some kind of import settings screen sometime... Im srs here

Pages:  1 ... 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: