Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 12, 2012, 01:15:26 AM #8100 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:16:33 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: Innerscope on January 11, 2012, 02:47:08 PM
@BlackJax96: How did you make the cel shading possible?
Quote from: Tcll on January 11, 2012, 02:59:05 PM
I too would like to know this ;D
(from a technical standpoint of course)

as you can prbly guess, IDK much about the XF registers in general >_>

EDIT:
WTF was I on D:
almost all of my descriptions and alot of my data was wrong... DX

well...
I've went through and re-defined alot,
but there's still alot I need to do...

can you tell me if there's anything I should do differently??
please and thanx :|

I'll explain literally everything for MDL0 in my thread, and what theories I have on unknown values. (Theories I've made through testing), so just wait for it.

The SDK explains a lot about texture gens, but matching the things specified in the SDK to the MDL0 is the part that's a bit tricky. For example, I have my suspicions that the "colors" section of the materials may have to do with the model's appearance in fog (due to many fog specifications in the SDK having to do with texgens and colors, etc).

I also read that normals should be multiplied with the same matrix as the vertices (but as a 3x3 matrix, which doesn't have world transforms and translations) and the textures should be multiplied by the texture matrix at the index specified (which I actually do, but it's always Identity so you don't really see anything... >_>).

Quote from: KTH on January 11, 2012, 04:44:25 PM
Did you know why i got that problem and how can i resovlt it?



I have import Scott Pilgrim into 3ds Max 2011, i've added a guitar and eye yellow and rigged them. For all bone i've add all bone. But when i import the Dae into BB i got that error.

One of the objects' rig is bad.

Quote from: Colter on January 11, 2012, 02:30:50 PM
are there plans to make this open other formats?

Yes? >.>

Quote from: Tcll on January 11, 2012, 11:36:18 AM
nice toon shading BJ :af:
that srsly looks awesome :D

and there's an answer to one of my things

cell shading == toon shading

now I just have to figure out the rest...
especially 'Oreon Nayer' since I believe it looks like 'Lambert' >_>

and tell me anyways BJ
I'll do anything to make sure my resource thread is right :)

I still DK what to call the Definitions as they're a mix of stuff
(Pipelines was a dumb idea) >.<

EDIT:
BTW BJ...
I did request for a 'notes' section to be made... >_>
but that was quite a while ago... (about 5 months)

could you try requesting and see if they'll do it then :/

Just wait until I do it to a HQ human model like Ike. >: D
I actually applied cellshading to Nel before I even released v0.65 and posted a pic of it, if anyone remembers. :srs:

I also think I found out what texunk3 does. It seems to define whether the texgen is a sphere map (1) or regular map (0). I think I've seen values like 4 for that value though, so I'll have to look into it more.

But how did you do it?(The cell shading) O.o Cause I need it too. Now that school hast started back up again and I have no time to work on dis guy I actually have the motivation to do it when I DO have the time. And rigging all of the models twice is a pain.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on January 12, 2012, 01:26:44 AM
But how did you do it?(The cell shading) O.o Cause I need it too. Now that school hast started back up again and I have no time to work on dis guy I actually have the motivation to do it when I DO have the time. And rigging all of the models twice is a pain.

You DO know that for the cell-shading model, you can simply apply the skin modifier to the second polygon right? At least it works if you do that before you change the outline model to have more polygons or whatnot.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 12, 2012, 01:29:36 AM
You DO know that for the cell-shading model, you can simply apply the skin modifier to the second polygon right? At least it works if you do that before you change the outline model to have more polygons or whatnot.
I was wondering if it could be done with something in brawl alone because I don't want to have to clone the model and have to re-rig it to have an outline. What skin modifier?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on January 12, 2012, 02:06:34 AM
I was wondering if it could be done with something in brawl alone because I don't want to have to clone the model and have to re-rig it to have an outline. What skin modifier?

A 3DS Max skin modifier, that involves cloning the model, slight scale larger, and without rerigging. The outline follows exactly as the model does, so it's the same rig.

But this technique looks like it's all in Brawlbox. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Quote from: Xiggah on January 12, 2012, 02:43:38 AM
A 3DS Max skin modifier, that involves cloning the model, slight scale larger, and without rerigging. The outline follows exactly as the model does, so it's the same rig.

But this technique looks like it's all in Brawlbox. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
hmm...
and blender has an auto-rigging feature...
but I heard it may be a bit buggy <_<

IDK...
I havn't seen it...
(nor have had enough progress to use it)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Will the new brawlbox include support for Fighter.pac's PSA?

Weeeellll sounds like it hasn't been much activity on this thread (which is unusual), so...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on January 13, 2012, 03:14:39 PM
Weeeellll sounds like it hasn't been much activity on this thread (which is unusual), so...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Not unusual, it's school and work. Schedules vary during change from winter/summer break to the rest of the year. BlackJax is 16, mind you.

*Sigh* Still can't save motionetc.pacs... Hopefully the new version will fix that for me...
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Last time I heard he was 15, guess he's had his birthday. Happy birthday BJ!
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

is ur birthday?
congrats, and thanks a lot for all th effort ur putting into all the brawl hacking scene!!!

LOL u guys r wrong... he's not 16, he's still 15.... his Bday is in a few months tho
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

January 13, 2012, 10:02:10 PM #8113 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:44:12 PM by Tcll
Quote from: jokekid on January 13, 2012, 09:07:00 PM
is ur birthday?
congrats
LOL
awesome joke jokekid :af:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Nymph on January 13, 2012, 09:26:14 PM
LOL u guys r wrong... he's not 16, he's still 15.... his Bday is in a few months tho
This.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]