Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 15, 2012, 10:22:59 PM
LOL how'd you know I was just about to ask you? XD

Because I put it off for too long >.> I'll be ripping all of the character motionetcs again

January 16, 2012, 12:05:27 AM #8161 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:07:18 AM by BlackJax96
I'm surprised I've never seen this page.
The only thing new on it is the actual data header for REFF entries, but whatever. Everything helps.

*rubs hands together* Let's see how much I can code before I have to go to sleep.
Another step closer to knowing every file format used in Brawl. C:<

You're so pro, the best I can do is write a rock paper scizzors game program and I'm actually going to college to learn dis stuff =/ Looking forward to being able to edit all of PSA in brawlbox though. It'll be nice to see where all the collisions are instead of playing the "guessing game"
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

interesting find BJ :D
I'll have to wait to Tuesday to look at it -.-* *works tomorrow*

I'm currently back into Melee for the moment >_>
(trying to fix up my template and hopefully learn more about the format...)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yeah turns out they have just as much information on REFF and REFT as I do, if not less. All I need to know is how to read the actual data that the offsets point to in the REFF, which they don't have documented at all. :srs:

Quote from: BlackJax96 on January 16, 2012, 01:00:46 AM
Yeah turns out they have just as much information on REFF and REFT as I do, if not less. All I need to know is how to read the actual data that the offsets point to in the REFF, which they don't have documented at all. :srs:
same for me :srs:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Possibility of looking into rel's? Would give stagers an upper, and much needed, hand for use of the "psa" like element.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on January 16, 2012, 02:57:07 AM
Possibility of looking into rel's? Would give stagers an upper, and much needed, hand for use of the "psa" like element.

Just stages, not fighter rel's?

Quote from: Xiggah on January 16, 2012, 03:56:30 AM
Just stages, not fighter rel's?
yeah thats wat she's asking for... me and her talked bout it few days ago... since stages has hitboxes and stuff in their .rel files
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: Nymph on January 16, 2012, 03:58:06 AM
yeah thats wat she's asking for... me and her talked bout it few days ago... since stages has hitboxes and stuff in their .rel files
Yeah. Honestly I was suprized you didn't bring it in here when we was talking about  =p
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Nymph on January 16, 2012, 03:58:06 AM
yeah thats wat she's asking for... me and her talked bout it few days ago... since stages has hitboxes and stuff in their .rel files
You know it would be cool, if their was a way to edit hitboxes in Brawlbox, so most stagers can edit stages to cause damage to players with objects.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Quote from: Sorceress on January 16, 2012, 04:44:34 AM
You know it would be cool, if their was a way to edit hitboxes in Brawlbox, so most stagers can edit stages to cause damage to players with objects.
that would be epic xD just imagine for instantce it would be possible to make safron city from SSB my fav stage ever with pokemons doing damage :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Sorceress on January 16, 2012, 04:44:34 AM
You know it would be cool, if their was a way to edit hitboxes in Brawlbox, so most stagers can edit stages to cause damage to players with objects.
I have an idea for FD where it explodes when you break the center diamond.
(you must break the glass first)

and I'm asking for all REL files.
decompile them back into their C++ code >:3

more customized movesets with more options will be avaliable then ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on January 16, 2012, 10:00:51 AM
I have an idea for FD where it explodes when you break the center diamond.
(you must break the glass first)

and I'm asking for all REL files.
decompile them back into their C++ code >:3

more customized movesets with more options will be avaliable then ;D
if we're able to do that then i can soooo do that to my uncharted region of china stage
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I know the topic at hand is stage hitbox collision, but I thought I'd stop by and say I found a breakthrough in SRT0 data. The previously daunting Unknown value in SRT0 files were too far and few to find, in Spycloak invisibility files, until it hit me that SRT0 is texture movement, and the best example of moving textures in Brawl is Tabuu. He's given enough information to have the last value of Unknown cracked, and I'll post my notes as soon as I can tidy them up and finish the basic research.