Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 154
Author Topic: Demonslayerx8 Stages! Crystal World's newest improvements - 10/22  (Read 496477 times)
Oshtoby
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1425 on: September 17, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »

Also, one other thing DSX8, there's also one last problem I found with Peach's castle: The lighting  is too...light. Here's the comparison between the two: Melee Version: *Picture 1* Your version: *Picture 2*

But, other than that, it looks perfect.
    Comparing those pictures, it seems like the entirety of it is, like... squished, horizontally. Or maybe elongated, vertically. Either way, it seems off, proportionally. I feel the same way, looking at Melee Battlefield. Tell me if I'm wrong, but it just seems off.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1426 on: September 17, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's light due to the fact that the obj. file he imported does not have the correct lighting of the original stage and the only reason the stage was that dark was due to lighting.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1427 on: September 17, 2011, 01:12:05 PM »

Also, one other thing DSX8, there's also one last problem I found with Peach's castle: The lighting  is too...light. Here's the comparison between the two: Melee Version: Your version:

But, other than that, it looks perfect.

I'm pretty sure it's light due to the fact that the obj. file he imported does not have the correct lighting of the original stage and the only reason the stage was that dark was due to lighting.

u sir, r correct. .obj files cant have any shaders which is the only downside i have... also along with the size and shape of peach's castle, its not squished, its just the .obj import that makes the textures look a bit odd in game... so there ya have it.

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

moleman915
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1428 on: September 17, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »

Yeah, the lack of lighting looks very odd. Is there any way you can put a customized lighting on it and just try to at least make it look similar?

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1429 on: September 17, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »

Yeah, the lack of lighting looks very odd. Is there any way you can put a customized lighting on it and just try to at least make it look similar?
    it has a customized lighting, but w/o shaders on the .obj files, it doesnt affect the stages. but there will be shaders on it ONCE theDAE to MDL0 is complete.

https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

LCCoolJ95
    Supreme Kitten

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :D

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker Starstormer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1430 on: September 17, 2011, 03:39:02 PM »

it has a customized lighting, but w/o shaders on the .obj files, it doesnt affect the stages. but there will be shaders on it ONCE theDAE to MDL0 is complete.
    I thought it was done already. There are tutorial videos.

Quote from: Art Beins
    "The biggest obstacle in life is Yourself. Overcome it and you will achieve the greatest accomplishment of all."

Tutorial on how to edit the intro: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=45302.msg925318#msg925318

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1431 on: September 17, 2011, 04:08:02 PM »

I might be a bit late to this, buut... I'd like to bring a few points of criticism about the platform version of the Kamiki Village stage.
    While I think the basic concept of it definately is good, there's still a few things that I think really need to be changed.
    For once, there's the camera... they way it is now, you can't really properly see what's going on on the floating platforms. I guess that you made it like this because otherwise the gate in front of the main platform would mess things up. But honestly... I think it'd just be better if you removed that gate. I mean, you normally can't even see it, and it just gets in the way of the camera during gameplay.
    And another thing about the floating platforms... I think them having grabable ledges just really gets in the way of the fighting. I mean, when you're around them, you almost can't jump properly without grabing on to one of them. In my opinion it'd really just be better if you get rid of that aspect.

Aside from that... I only have two more complains, and those are about visual things.
    The one thing is Sakuya... while I think having her in the background is a good idea, I think it'd look better if you made her bigger... maybe like twice her current size? It'd make her more noticable.
    The other thing thing is more of a suggestion. Could you perhaps try to add some normal trees into the background? As far as I know most of the trees in Okami are really just 2D, so adding them shouldn't be much of a problem.

So, just my thoughts on that stage. Hope that helps you improve it for the next version. Wink

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1432 on: September 17, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »

I thought it was done already. There are tutorial videos.
    ohhh no no no... its FAR from complete... the new models that u can make from DAE doesnt work in game yet, so no, it doesnt work yet.

I might be a bit late to this, buut... I'd like to bring a few points of criticism about the platform version of the Kamiki Village stage.
    While I think the basic concept of it definately is good, there's still a few things that I think really need to be changed.
    For once, there's the camera... they way it is now, you can't really properly see what's going on on the floating platforms. I guess that you made it like this because otherwise the gate in front of the main platform would mess things up. But honestly... I think it'd just be better if you removed that gate. I mean, you normally can't even see it, and it just gets in the way of the camera during gameplay.
    And another thing about the floating platforms... I think them having grabable ledges just really gets in the way of the fighting. I mean, when you're around them, you almost can't jump properly without grabing on to one of them. In my opinion it'd really just be better if you get rid of that aspect.

Aside from that... I only have two more complains, and those are about visual things.
    The one thing is Sakuya... while I think having her in the background is a good idea, I think it'd look better if you made her bigger... maybe like twice her current size? It'd make her more noticable.
    The other thing thing is more of a suggestion. Could you perhaps try to add some normal trees into the background? As far as I know most of the trees in Okami are really just 2D, so adding them shouldn't be much of a problem.

So, just my thoughts on that stage. Hope that helps you improve it for the next version. Wink
    yeah thats a good amount of info for Kamiki Village, and i do agree, having those platforms wit grabable ledges is a pain tbh.. but those will be removed. as for the gate, i have thought bout that alot, and yeah sure, i'll remove it. as for Sakuya, she's the same size in scale as the stage, so, no, im not gonna make her more bigger ^^".... for the tree's/rocks, i have the tree models, but when you load it in game, they become all messed up, so i took them out, but will re-add them when the new brawlbox is released since it'll support v11 MDL0's, which is wat Okami uses.

Also, i just released a written tutorial on HOW to import .obj's into brawl. go look in the Tutorial section!
    « Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:40:44 PM by DSX8 » Logged

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1433 on: September 17, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »

Yeah, that's a good amount of info for Kamiki Village, and I do agree, having those platforms wit grabable ledges is a pain to be honest... but those will be removed.
    As for the gate, I have thought about that a lot, and yeah, sure, I'll remove it.
    As for Sakuya, she's the same size in scale as the stage, so, no, im not gonna make her bigger ^^"....
    For the trees/rocks, I have the tree models, but when you load it in game, they become all messed up, so i took them out, but will re-add them when the new BrawlBox is released since it'll support v11 MDL0's, which is wat Okami uses.

Hm, well, that's good to hear.
    'bout Sakuya, don't you think you can at least give making her bigger a try? She's really not that noticeable as it is now.
    And as for the trees... couldn't you just use their textures and add them as new 2D models or something? I don't know, something along those lines...

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1434 on: September 17, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »

Hm, well, that's good to hear.
    'bout Sakuya, don't you think you can at least give making her bigger a try? She's really not that noticeable as it is now.
    And as for the trees... couldn't you just use their textures and add them as new 2D models or something? I don't know, something along those lines...

well u see, the original tree models has bones branching off, and i had animations for them. even tho i still have the animations saved, im waiting for the new BB.. which will be a long time, which i have patience for =3
    as for Sakuya, ya i guess i can make her a bit more bigger i guess...

edit:
    well here's a new pic of Ganons Castle... new position, much bigger scale for the area, and now has fixed transparent textures, all thanks to the MKW Model replacement tut maker, Baoulettes, who is actually a very awesome person to be honest xD  who knows... me and him might make a stage together, not sure tho, need to talk bout it... *ahem* back to topic...

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 07:33:13 PM by DSX8 » Logged

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1435 on: September 17, 2011, 11:33:24 PM »

So do you think you will mainly be doing the mario-kart method, or will you be using the new brawl-box for imports when it's released?

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1436 on: September 17, 2011, 11:35:23 PM »

So do you think you will mainly be doing the mario-kart method, or will you be using the new brawl-box for imports when it's released?
    well these will just be for version 1's, some might be updated to version 2 with updated textures and new locations. then when the brawlbox is finished, then thats when these stages will be getting a total revamp!

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1437 on: September 17, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »

well these will just be for version 1's, some might be updated to version 2 with updated textures and new locations. then when the brawlbox is finished, then thats when these stages will be getting a total revamp!
    1. You should ask for a tutorial award.
    2. Check BlackJax's thread. He seems to be about done.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1438 on: September 17, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »

1. You should ask for a tutorial award.
    2. Check BlackJax's thread. He seems to be about done.
    1 - yeah i should ask for 1 O.o
    2 - i've been checking it daily, every hour (maybe less xD)... and it doesnt look done to me yet o.o

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1439 on: September 17, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »

1 - yeah i should ask for 1 O.o
    2 - i've been checking it daily, every hour (maybe less xD)... and it doesnt look done to me yet o.o
    Read his most recent post Tongue

EDIT: I see you saw his thread Tongue

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages:  1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 154
    Print
    Jump to: