Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 ... 228
Author Topic: KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues  (Read 821881 times)
Tasty Pumpkin Clock
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2790 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:30 AM »

He seems perfectly balanced to me. I own as him. But that might be because I main as him.
    If he's buffed up (which he apparently has to be) he'll almost be over powered when I use him...

If you learn how to use him he almost seems op.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2791 on: July 25, 2011, 03:50:33 AM »

True and that's one of the things i like to have in there, more choices and chances to use. Makes it even more capable of combining techs and killing blows.
    Exactly, that's how I want Sephiroth to be, hard to master, but damn powerful, and unpredictable when mastered, how I want him now... Is a character that both you, and the foe know well to combat, or play as...

This way, Sephiroth is a character with many tricks, and strategies, the foe can then see through some... But Sephiroth can quickly shift playstyles, keeping the foe on their toes.

He seems perfectly balanced to me. I own as him. But that might be because I main as him.
    If he's buffed up (which he apparently has to be) he'll almost be over powered when I use him...

If you learn how to use him he almost seems op.
    Although, this is true too... I'm honestly not sure what to do in some ways... So... Do you think up smash should kill again?

Like I said, I wanted some nerfs to balance this out some, like down smash, it right now kills Snake at 90%... I want that to kill Mario at 110%, since it can be dodge roll punished. Forward air from 8%, to 7%, and if spammed... It would only be 4% damage.

Neutral air having no killing power, or either that very very low kill power, like it would only start being deadly at around 270% or something.

And back air being a more situational move later on, this would finalize a weakness I wanted for him... Being vulnerable from behind...

(Every damage percent I give is based on how it would work on Mario, since he's the middle man. I'm sorta hoping that heavy characters would be a good match up for Sephiroth, since they could outlast him, since he's lightweight.)
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:58:22 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2792 on: July 25, 2011, 03:52:57 AM »

Exactly, that's how I want Sephiroth to be, hard to master, but damn powerful, and unpredictable when mastered, how I want him now... Is a character that both you, and the foe know well to combat, or play as...

This way, Sephiroth is a character with many tricks, and strategies, the foe can then see through some... But Sephiroth can quickly shift playstyles, keeping the foe on their toes.

Exactly like in Dissidia and such, my play-style among Balanced characters.

Hehe now i'm getting excited all over again Cheesy
    Glad i could help giving idea's nearing the end, makes me feel less hopeless trying to help XD
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:53:59 AM by Sephira Beoulve » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2793 on: July 25, 2011, 04:04:03 AM »

Exactly like in Dissidia and such, my play-style among Balanced characters.

Hehe now i'm getting excited all over again Cheesy
    Glad i could help giving idea's nearing the end, makes me feel less hopeless trying to help XD
    Yeah... It's funny to think this is almost done... I'm actually gonna kinda miss giving feedback to this move set, I feel this was the one I could truly help out with.

I'll make sure though I give feedback on other move sets, like Tidus, I do better with someone else to help bounce ideas off of. Tongue

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2794 on: July 25, 2011, 04:06:42 AM »

Yeah... It's funny to think this is almost done... I'm actually gonna kinda miss giving feedback to this move set, I feel this was the one I could truly help out with.

I'll make sure though I give feedback on other move sets, like Tidus, I do better with someone else to help bounce ideas off of. Tongue

I'll help ya on those, kinda makes me more motivated to do stuff as well. Cheesy

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2795 on: July 25, 2011, 04:33:40 AM »

Alright, I revised my damage ideas, to include more things that were recently said.
    Damage.

AAA, can be left alone.

Side tilt, 13% if all hits hit.

Down tilt, I'd say leave it as is.

Up tilt, same.

Dash attack, maybe 7%.

Side smash, no sweetspot at the tip, 8% or 9%, kills Mario at 155% and charges like normal, no new attack for the full charge smash attack, it just gets as powerful as a normal full charge smash gets... But... After an up taunt, it becomes Octoslash, after swapping the up taunt to side taunt, and making the wing taunt turn on and off the wing, the new up taunt should be a charging taunt, he charges for about 3 seconds, or 3 in a half, just a bit less then SDo0m's Cloud's... After the charge, he can do Octoslash, this would have 5 slashes, if the first hit misses though... Well, think of his side tilt, but less lag.

If it hits, it should do about what it does now, maybe just a bit more, and be so fast slashing, the foe can't get out, and on the fifth slash, any part of the blade would kill at about 110%. The reason behind this, is to give the Final Fantasy series it's own gimmick, like how all Fire Emblem characters have a counter. Something like this idea can also be done for Tidus, and Diabolos.

Up smash, leave it be damage wise, however knock back wise, it should kill Mario at 120%, the hit box... Maybe should stay out a bit longer? This way it can be a dodge roll punishing kill move, since Sephiroth will be vulnerable from behind... I want this to be a bit of a mind game kill move, make the foe SO sure they can get behind him... Then BAM! Killed by up smash. Tongue

Also, the animation needs editing, so the sword is right in front of him when the move starts, part of it's problem is the odd hitbox it has...

Down smash, 16%, and should be able to kill Mario at 110%, nerf the hit box range downward, but otherwise leave it as is, it makes a good spot dodge punishing kill move. And edge guard kill move.

Forward air, no sweet spot damage, just strictly 6%, or 7% for all parts of the blade, this way if spammed, it would only do 3% or 4% damage, thanks to stale moves.

Neutral air, no tipped sweet spot, and little kill power, 11% damage if both hits hit.

Up air, 17% damage if all hits hit.

Down air, leave the damage as is, however, there should be a sweet spot right at the center... The knock back should kill Mario un-sweet spotted at 145%. But at the center, 115%.

Back air... We'll wait until the actual attack has been made, if it's like I want it, slow, but has a lot of knock back... 16%.

Neutral B ground, uncharged, 6%, level two, 11% damage, level three, 22%. It also needs to not be canceled if it hits a foe's attack... It should go through the foe's attacks. However knock back wise, leave it as is, level three is hard as heck to hit with anyway.

Neutral B air, 37%, with no kill power at all, it shouldn't even be able to kill Jigglypuff at 999% damage. Tongue Also, it should allow A moves to be used after it's used, but no B button moves, Hollow did this coding for side and down B air before, so it's possible.

Side B ground, leave it as is, but adjust the hit box to make it more reliable.

Side B air, it can at the moment deal 18% if all hits hit... But I'd say leave it be, because not all hits are gonna likely hit, plus the move is unsafe to spam. It makes a good cross up move.

Up B, maybe 10%? And no sweet spot, it should be able to kill Mario at 140%, it should also have a tad bit more start up perhaps... It's up to you though.

Down B ground, level one charge, leave it be, level two, it can deal 18%... Perhaps 15%? Level three, at the moment can deal 32%, this should be 30%, I take back what I said about it earlier, since it can be DI'd out of, it's only broken in a stage with a ceiling. But it's still avoidable.

Down B air, give the third hit more knock back, and if possible, make the hits come out faster. Or more hit stun, so the foe doesn't shield out of it even if it hits them.

Final smash... Well, there should be for now only one, this would save file space... It should be Hollow's final smash, since it looks the best out of the two, also, it should deal really high damage, but not kill in one hit... I'd say it could deal 150% damage, but not kill.

Anyway, I hope this is good. XD
    « Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:10:41 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2796 on: July 25, 2011, 04:40:39 AM »

Yes! DO use that as a guide! ^
    So looking forward to Octaslash btw.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2797 on: July 25, 2011, 05:16:12 AM »

Alright, I revised my damage ideas, to include more things that were recently said.
    Damage.

AAA, can be left alone.

Side tilt, 13% if all hits hit.

Down tilt, I'd say leave it as is.

Up tilt, same.

Dash attack, maybe 7%.

Side smash, uncharged, 8% or 9%, full charge... Wolfric's idea, after swapping the up taunt to side taunt, and making the wing taunt turn on and off the wing, the new up taunt should be a charging taunt, he charges for about 3 seconds, or 3 in a half, just a bit less then SDo0m's Cloud's... After the charge, he can do Octoslash, this would have 5 slashes, if the first hit misses though... Well, think of his side tilt, but less lag.

If it hits, it should do about what it does now, maybe just a bit more, and be so fast slashing, the foe can't get out, and on the fifth slash, any part of the blade would kill at about 110%. The reason behind this, is to give the Final Fantasy series it's own gimmick, like how all Fire Emblem characters have a counter. Something like this idea can also be done for Tidus.

Up smash, leave it be damage wise, however knock back wise, it should kill Mario at 120%, the hit box... Maybe should stay out a bit longer? This way it can be a dodge roll punishing kill move, since Sephiroth will be vulnerable from behind... I want this to be a bit of a mind game kill move, make the foe SO sure they can get behind him... Then BAM! Killed by up smash. Tongue

Down smash, 16%, and should be able to kill Mario at 110%, nerf the hit box range downward, but otherwise leave it as is, it makes a good spot dodge punishing kill move. And edge guard kill move.

Forward air, no sweet spot damage, just strictly 6%, or 7% for all parts of the blade, this way if spammed, it would only do 3% or 4% damage, thanks to stale moves.

Neutral air, no tipped sweet spot, and little kill power, 9% damage if both hits hit.

Up air, 17% damage if all hits hit.

Down air, leave the damage as is, however the knock back should kill Mario un-sweet spotted at 145%, or more. But at the center, 110%

Back air... We'll wait until the actual attack has been made, if it's like I want it... 16%.

Neutral B ground, uncharged, 6%, level two, 11% damage, level three, 22%

Neutral B air, 37%, with no kill power at all, it shouldn't even be able to kill Jigglypuff at 999% damage. Tongue

Side B ground, leave it as is, but adjust the hit box to make it more reliable.

Side B air, it can at the moment deal 18% if all hits hit... But I'd say leave it be, because not all hits are gonna likely hit, plus the move is unsafe to spam.

Up B, maybe 10%? And no sweet spot, it should be able to kill Mario at 140%.

Down B ground, level one charge, leave it be, level two, it can deal 18%... Perhaps 15%? Level three, at the moment can deal 32%! This should be nerfed to something like... 25%? Since it can be DI'd out of, and doesn't kill.

Down B air, leave it alone.

Final smash... Well, there should be for now only one, this would save file space... It should be Hollow's final smash, since it looks the best out of the two, also, it should deal really high damage, but not kill in one hit... I'd say it could deal 150% damage, but not kill.

Anyway, I hope this is good. XD
    I completely approve this idea entirely! Just 1 thing about the FS, does it last long enough so people can dodge or is it longer so people will get hit no matter what dodge they use?

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2798 on: July 25, 2011, 05:22:08 AM »

I completely approve this idea entirely! Just 1 thing about the FS, does it last long enough so people can dodge or is it longer so people will get hit no matter what dodge they use?
    Well, the way it is now, it seems like it depends on the stage... So on say... FD, it will be avoidable, but in Skyworld... Unavoidable.

Plus the timing is strict even when you can dodge.
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:26:00 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2799 on: July 25, 2011, 05:30:32 AM »

It should have a little more time to dodge. It's like... impossible right now.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2800 on: July 25, 2011, 05:38:51 AM »

Hm... Yeah, it could be 1 frame or so, or 3.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2801 on: July 25, 2011, 05:40:15 AM »

Hm... Yeah, it could be 1 frame or so, or 3.
    Depending on how many frames it is right now i presume?

It should have a little more time to dodge. It's like... impossible right now.
    Depends, timing is everything in dodging FS'

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2802 on: July 25, 2011, 05:45:29 AM »

Depending on how many frames it is right now i presume?
    Yeah.
    Depends, timing is everything in dodging FS'
    This is also true, we wouldn't want it to be useless, but then again, we wouldn't want it too broken either... *coughSuperSoniccough*

Maybe it could have no hit lag at all somehow? Hopefully this would make it avoidable on all stages, rather then neutral stages only.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2803 on: July 25, 2011, 05:49:20 AM »

Maybe it could have no hit lag at all somehow? Hopefully this would make it avoidable on all stages, rather then neutral stages only.
    True but look at Marth's FS, if it hits a box for example it's lagged so even if someone dodges they will most likely be hit anyway. I've had it happen to my friends once when i was Marth, good fun that was Grin

But i can see your point, though a hit lag wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #2804 on: July 25, 2011, 06:00:51 AM »

True but look at Marth's FS, if it hits a box for example it's lagged so even if someone dodges they will most likely be hit anyway. I've had it happen to my friends once when i was Marth, good fun that was Grin

But i can see your point, though a hit lag wouldn't be too bad in my opinion.

What I mean though is, with the hit lag, it takes it's time to destroy all of Skyworld, and have too much hit box time to spot dodge... It's impossible... If this could be prevented, I would love that...

Pages:  1 ... 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 ... 228
    Print
    Jump to: