Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Quote from: KTH on July 26, 2014, 01:55:54 AM
You should include SSB4 and 3DS stage on your Classic Exp. Pack. That would be nice.
There actually a lot of SSB4 stages. I know it's "Classic" Expansion Pack but many people would love it.

Arena Ferox
Dr. Wily's Castle
Boxing Ring
Windy Hill Zone by me [WIP]
Final Destination by GBC [WIP]
Pilots Wings
Mario Galaxy by DSX8 [WIP]
Skyloft by DSX8 [WIP]
Pyroshere
Great Fox
Tortimer Island by Snoopy [WIP]
Spirit Tracks by DSX8 [WIP]
Palutena's Temple by Angelglory [WIP]
Nintendogs Living Room by Snoopy [WIP]

And others I can't find like Prism Tower stage, but those one are just some example and I'm not asking to include all of them. Just the famous one. Like 2 or 3 from them.

Nice list, thanks! Of course I won't be able to fit them all in without taking out some Brawl stages, but maybe I could make a pack where I replace EVERY stage in the game... Until then, I suppose it could make sense to use these to fill in those 8 spots on the first screen.

Quote from: libertyernie on July 27, 2014, 07:01:25 PM
Nice list, thanks! Of course I won't be able to fit them all in without taking out some Brawl stages, but maybe I could make a pack where I replace EVERY stage in the game... Until then, I suppose it could make sense to use these to fill in those 8 spots on the first screen.
Perhaps you could update the Unnecessarily Complex Expansion Pack with these?
<- I Support MM8BDM!

Here's my stage select screen for the Brawl- pack at the moment:

I have the first screen laid out with Brawl stages on the top and Brawl- stages (old or current) on the bottom. I had one spot left over, so I put Project M's Dracula's Castle there - it's kind of awkwardly lying between WarioWare and Online Training Room, though.

I posted the Classic Expansion Pack 6.1s for Brawl-. Maybe I should have called it 6.1n or some other letter, but oh well! Hopefully this helps Brawl- fans who would like more stages/stage slots. Or people who want three versions of Yoshi's Island Melee, because this pack has that :P

August 01, 2014, 04:05:32 PM #1264 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 04:14:17 PM by Doqtor Kirby
Quote from: libertyernie on July 31, 2014, 12:39:23 AMMaybe I should have called it 6.1n or some other letter, but oh well!
6.1Q maybe? :>.>:

anyways good stuff as always :D


But would this work online, given I don't pick any expansion stages?

For the project m expansion, why do you have 2 norfairs, and 2 wariowares?

Quote from: Dragoon Fighter on August 02, 2014, 02:39:52 AM
For the project m expansion, why do you have 2 norfairs, and 2 wariowares?

One of each is VBrawl's, the others are P:M's.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

Just thought I'd note here: I added a 16-stage expansion template for P:M, with the 8 icons on each page separated from the others on the top. You can get it over on Smashboards (http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-02-36-16-and-12-stage-versions.345936/) - I'll post a screenshot there later tonight.

Is there a way to modify the sss code so that I could have the 36 page version, but have all of the expansion stages on the first page be blank and non-selectable, so that only the expansion stage icons on the second page actually appear and can be selected?

I know in the old version of the sss code 2B was a "blank" space but of course in this version 2B is a custom stage. Next time I get the chance I'm gonna try using stage IDs that don't reference anything but I have a feeling that's just going to crash the game.

Does this work with BrawlEx?

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

Quote from: SUPAHSAWNIK99 on August 27, 2014, 06:09:25 AM
Does this work with BrawlEx?
Yes, but you must add the codes from the stage expansion to the BrawlEx build.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

September 02, 2014, 10:45:13 PM #1271 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 11:17:14 PM by Isle
Quote from: GameAndWatcher on August 27, 2014, 10:13:06 PM
Yes, but you must add the codes from the stage expansion to the BrawlEx build.

How do you do that?

Also, both have modified common2.pac

I'm curious what part of common2.pac are needed for this pac, so I could transfer them to the BrawlEX common2.pac

Thank you!

Quote from: Isle on September 02, 2014, 10:45:13 PM
How do you do that?

Also, both have modified common2.pac

I'm curious what part of common2.pac are needed for this pac, so I could transfer them to the BrawlEX common2.pac

Thank you!

IIRC, all my common2.pac does is change what stages appear in 1P mode (classic / all-star.)  So you can just use BrawlEx's common2 instead.

since I don't want to necropost [even tough this is basically off-topic], I will ask here
How do I use the MiscData editor [to change, all-star and events], I downloaded it, installed java, but don't know how to open it.

I'm still having trouble with expansion stages being randomly selected even though I can't find the code anywhere in the codeset. Even the training room comes up (I'm using the 36-stage PM version btw)

I've been using the sss editor program and it says something about stages posibly being selected if n-55 is enabled, could you explain what that means?