Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)

Started by libertyernie, February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?

Yes, even though they're the same every time
6 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Just curious, for some reason when I downloaded it there is not a brawl plus code sheet expansion, is this because of something I did wrong, or does it not come with a brawl plus expansion?

Quote from: PPXEXE on July 07, 2011, 06:38:41 PM
Do the Stages work online now?
they do work online... but will quickly desync if the other person doesnt have this stage pack.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I'm using riivolution on a usb. Should i have the disable stages code on t stop the freezing?

Quote from: Dragoon Fighter on July 08, 2011, 03:06:02 AM
Just curious, for some reason when I downloaded it there is not a brawl plus code sheet expansion, is this because of something I did wrong, or does it not come with a brawl plus expansion?

If you are referring to brawl+, that mod is very unpopular now, so barely anyone bothers supporting it. Here is my gct:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9d4ezk9tudh4w

I changed the song replacement code among many other things, but this still might help. Just send me a private message if you need help.

I'm having a terrible time trying to get two stages to work. On my old brawl builds, the shadow temple for rainbow cruise and lost woods for yoshi's island both work perfectly, but when I try to use them with my current build, that has this wonderful stage expansion code, they have the oddest glitches. Shadow Temple's floor collisions act as if they aren't connected to eachother, while lost woods freezes as soon as the match ends.

thoughts?

instead of replacing music, why not use dantarion's custom sound engine v2.5 code?

also, in project m, certain stages like skyworld have been modified.  you should consider bringing over the modded stages and load them via the alternate stage loader code.

lastly, i'm also sure you already know, a couple of stages have been updated ;)

great work on this btw

I think I had problems with the CSE v2.5 code. But I'll try it again.

If you use this pack with P:M and put the files in the right places, then Skyworld will be the P:M Skyworld. Did you mean adding the P:M Skyworld as an alternate for Brawl users? I could do that too.

I have a question, do you think my earlier complaint about frezzing could of come from my code sheet expanding my CSS to 49 icons and of course the adding of 36 stages to the game? Could it of been to much for the game to handle?

If it freezes on the stage screen, I don't think the CSS would have anything to do with it.

Quote from: libertyernie on July 13, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
I think I had problems with the CSE v2.5 code. But I'll try it again.

If you use this pack with P:M and put the files in the right places, then Skyworld will be the P:M Skyworld. Did you mean adding the P:M Skyworld as an alternate for Brawl users? I could do that too.

2.5 code seemed to work fine for me.  i guess the only problem i had was that the game would freeze when playing online, but i think that was the tracklist modifier doing that.

and yeah, i was suggesting have the project m skyworld as the alternate stage of the original skyworld ;)

I am going to have alternate stages in the next version, loaded by holding R+A (using Dantarion's ASL code.) Only certain stages (such as Skyworld for Brawl/P:M, Hyrule Castle for normal size/P:M size, and Great Bay for water/no water) will have alternates. The ones that don't will show this when you hold R+A:

This is to prevent the game from crashing while still making the filesize small.

The stages that will have alternates will have a plus sign in the lower-right corner - blue for a P:M-related alternate, red for others:


Wait how would editing/replacing stages with my favorite stage hacks work with that pack? What will I be needing to name them? Other wise really cool and this next pack sounds awesome!

You'd just name them like you do now: STGCUSTOM##.pac. The difference is that you could also have an STGCUSTOM##_A.pac, as long as it uses the same .rel file.
That screenshot is of a stage I made to go over most of the unused _A stages. Here's the download if you want it:
STGDUMMY.pac (goes over FD or WWR; 52.03 KB)

Quote from: libertyernie on July 15, 2011, 11:57:07 PM
I am going to have alternate stages in the next version, loaded by holding R+A (using Dantarion's ASL code.) Only certain stages (such as Skyworld for Brawl/P:M, Hyrule Castle for normal size/P:M size, and Great Bay for water/no water) will have alternates. The ones that don't will show this when you hold R+A:

This is to prevent the game from crashing while still making the filesize small.

The stages that will have alternates will have a plus sign in the lower-right corner - blue for a P:M-related alternate, red for others:


sounds promising :) looking forward to the next release

looks great, but will there be a way for Wiimote+nunchuck controller?
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.