Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So am I the only one who was too stupid up to this point to realize that the filesize limit is not per file, but it's total for all files loaded for a character? Just had to delete a bunch of unused animations to save some filespace to make new textures work. Feeling like an idiot. Also feeling like I might now know why Apprentice of Death was having problems...


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on March 13, 2011, 03:15:21 AM
So am I the only one who was too stupid up to this point to realize that the filesize limit is not per file, but it's total for all files loaded for a character? Just had to delete a bunch of unused animations to save some filespace to make new textures work. Feeling like an idiot. Also feeling like I might now know why Apprentice of Death was having problems...

...No wonder why I... Hahahahah, oh my god, I formatted my SD about 3 times trying to make it work...

No worries, man, it happens. XD

Quote from: haloedhero on March 13, 2011, 03:15:21 AM
So am I the only one who was too stupid up to this point to realize that the filesize limit is not per file, but it's total for all files loaded for a character? Just had to delete a bunch of unused animations to save some filespace to make new textures work. Feeling like an idiot. Also feeling like I might now know why Apprentice of Death was having problems...

Actually, I believe it's for both.  There seem to be both individual file size limits AND shared file size limits for each character.  I figured this out when I did Viewtiful Joe V1.

Annoying, but at least I figured it out quickly. I'll be sending out a tentative final version today or tomorrow that includes the models and CSS stuff. Hype! Sorry about time-thiefing you, anyone who wasted any time going "why won't it work for me!?"


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.


Hype indeed o.o Well all I can say at this point in time is great work on this project!  I remember back months ago when you released the initial versions of this.  In all honesty, it wasn't bad but at the time .Fade's was much better.  But as time went on you kept getting better and better at PSA and animating (and doing it all practically in secret, I could never do that XD) and now look at what the result is!

I tip my hat off to you good sir ;) You've made a fine PSA.

Thanks, Sdoom. Your feedback, and the feedback you got from your playtesters has been extremely helpful. Thanks to the rest of you guys, as well. Everyone's criticism only motivated me more. Making this PSA was a learning experience for me, as I am completely self taught by reverse engineering Brawl's existing characters, and every road block was a unique problem to overcome.

What I'm saying is, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it. It will be out as soon as I'm sure there are no errors in the final version. Thanks, guys! (And someone should make a video of this Cloud, Sdoom's, and .Fade's fighting using the clone engine. It'd be a riot.)


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on March 13, 2011, 03:00:36 PM
Thanks, Sdoom. Your feedback, and the feedback you got from your playtesters has been extremely helpful. Thanks to the rest ofyou guys, as well. Everyone's criticism only motivated me more. Making this PSA was a learning experience for me, as I am completely self taught be reverse engineering Brawl's existing characters, and every road block was a unique problem to overcome.

What I'm saying is, I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it. It will be out as soon as I'm sure there are no errors in the final version. Thanks, guys! (And someone should make a video of this Cloud, Sdoom's, and .Fade's fighting using the clone engine. It'd be a riot.)

I can make that with friends in NO TIME. (I play every weekend with 7-12 friends. lol)

The final version is done! Check the OP to download and make sure everything works before I make an official post to the vault. Thank you again, everyone!


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I'm having trouble with the link.  When I click the download, it basically says it's broken :(  And I've used multiple browsers and have refreshed the page.

Just downloaded for me, SDoom. That's odd. And like 7 other people, it says.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Strange....it just worked now o.O  Wonder what was wrong before :-\