Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 47
Author Topic: Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team  (Read 203894 times)
SSJCerious
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »

There is no such thing as a "perfect" PSA
    This is true. Next time I should end my clueless fanboy reaction BEFORE i give feedback, heheh.

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
    Central Thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »

AAA Combo - I purposely did not fix the linking problem as the first hit is fast to start, has low end lag, and has great range. I felt that a good way to keep it out of broken territory would be to keep it from linking perfectly, so that it's up to you to anticipate how your opponent will block or dodge and punish them. Playtesters, let me know if you think that's a worthwhile solution, or if I should make it link perfectly and nerf the damage. (Either way, I'll be increasing the last hit's knockback.)

U-tilt - Maybe some damage nerfing. I was thinking he does a little too much damage across the board, so this might be a good place to fix. An increase in knockback isn't a bad idea, either.

D-tilt - I'll look at it and see what I think.

Dash attack - Actually, the whole arm moves, but I'll take the criticism under consideration. I think it's more that his waist/chest don't twist forward at the beginning to give him a bigger arc. If you just don't like that it's a kind of odd dash attack since it attacks overhead as well... I don't know. I didn't want it to be too boring or too strange, and an overhead swipe after the slide seemed to fit that.

U-Smash - Damaging during the charge was something I struggled with. At the same time as it's odd, since the only other character who does it is Ness, as far as I know, I think it would be weird to see him windmilling his sword and it just going through people. The hit comes in at a seemingly random time because I didn't want it to come out immediately and make the smash easy to land by using the charge hit. It stays out the rest of the charge after its appearance, but I didn't want it to hit more than once. Thoughts, playtesters?

D-Smash - Planning on making the fireballs come out slightly later.

N-Air - Will look at the hitboxes and adjust.

B-Air - Don't think I'll change it, but I'll take a look.

D-Air - I'll look into it.

F-Throw - I'm going to give the stab a little more time and change the angle.

B-Throw - I might make a new one. Maybe.

D-Throw - Thought about a spike/bounce already. I'll check it out.

Neutral-B - I haven't really tried, but most of it is the same as the old Gravity special, so you can probably shield, roll out, and punish pretty easily. Try it out. Also, you can definitely use it in your PSA, but I'd either wait until I fix the graphics, or redo the graphics yourself as the mess up on slopes.

Side-B - I haven't tried to get rid of the sound effect, but maybe I can if anyone knows the sound effect ID.

Up-B - I'm planning to take some power off of the spike. And yes, the move looks and functions much better with the multi-hit. Although, there are some options here. Should I take power off or make it easier to DI out of the move?

Down-B - The intent here is to move out of the way and punish if you know where your opponent is going to be. It's a powerful kill move at higher percents, which is why it's hard to land. Thoughts?

Run - Maybe getting changed. I thought about turning his upper body more and having him hold the sword at the same angle, but with both hands.

Final Smash - Is the same, because it's fairly true to FFVII already, and I don't really care much about final smashes. (Sorry, Final Smash fans.)

And yes, in general, I'm aware that my normals are much better than my specials, but I admittedly struggle with specials. I don't like my specials to be too crazy, however, I sometimes feel that that philosophy also makes them border on boring.

All that said...... thoughts?
    « Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 03:06:57 PM by haloedhero » Logged

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »

Ok now that I've actually played with it I have a couple of changed opinions.

Dash Attack: You're right about the whole arm moving.  I don't know why I didn't spot that before o.O

D Air: Actually, further playing has made me see that it can combo quite nicely into the U Tilt if you land on the ground early enough.  So it does have a use and it works quite nicely

Neutral B: Yeah it is indeed possible to and shield out of it since the hitboxes are a tad unreliable (which is actually a good thing as it stops it from being too abusable).  It's quite a nice edgeguarding/defensive move.

Down B: The move itself is indeed nice.  I still hold true to the positioning of the fireballs, but the move itself is pretty dang cool.  I like how you made it go into freefall as well.  Gives it some risk Tongue

Also, you can definitely use it in your PSA, but I'd either wait until I fix the graphics, or redo the graphics yourself as the mess up on slopes.

Thank you and shall do ^^

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »

OK, work has officially started on improvements. I expect the bulk of them to get done tomorrow. Thank you, everyone, and keep the feedback coming. (OP List has been updated.)

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #19 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:23 PM »

Actually, after doing a few more playthroughs I think the F Smash should stay at it's current speed and power.  It's a lot more satisfying to land when it's going at the slightly slower speed and it just feels more balanced imo.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 02:38:11 PM »

Yeah, I think I'm just going to adjust the landing so that he lands slightly farther forward. The attack won't reach any farther, but right now, when he hits the ground, his momentum seems to stop short. Other than that, I think I'll leave it.

Funk
    Newbie Kitten

"Fire! Fire! Heh-heh-heh!"

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »

This looks pretty cool.
    To be honest, I like SDo0m's a bit more, but this looks like it has quite a bit of potential.

Can anybody make a Travis Touchdown PSA?
    That'd be great Cheesy
    --------------------
    Main: Cloud (haloedhero, BeyondYou)
    Secondary: Geno (Shadic)
    Tertiary: Ganondorf (Brawl-)

zyborg
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »

This is awesome. I really love this moveset. I only have a few problems/questions...

1- for Blade Beam (forward special), is it possible to use Kirby's Final Cutter's effect or something taller and thinner? A ball doesn't look right to me.
    2- the animation for Gravity? (neutral special) is a bit off when using the AC Cloud texture/skin thing. Is it that, or is it the move?
    3- maybe slightly more range for Meteorain (down special)?
    4- Omnislash? Awesome! but is there any way to get it to target more than one character? Or was it meant to just hit one? And a strange request for it. Perhaps the last hit can be delayed just a little more, and add an effect to the sword?
    5- Braver (forward smash) looks quite awkward with him scrunching himself up. Again, could just be the skin I used.

All in all, I like the attacks. They are quite fun, and they incorporate Clouds Limit Breaks and possible magic. I really liked the dash attack. Quite a bit different from a lot of them, yet not outlandishly so. And how you charge the spells up by swinging the sword around really reminds me of the casting animation Cloud has in FFVII.
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:54:46 PM by zyborg » Logged

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »

The reason for the super scope shot is that I want it to be an actual projectile. This way, it can be reflected and so forth. In a perfect world, I wouldn't want it to be a ball, either. Maybe when Tabuu (the program) is finished, it'll give the ability to add articles. That'd be great. For now, someone more experienced with editing items might be able to make it shaped like a sword slice, but that would also change regular super scope shots.

I'm not sure about the animation problems on Finishing Touch and Braver, but they look fine to me with the FFVII Cloud models. Anyone else notice any problems?

I don't think I'll be adding more range to Meteorain, because it's a good kill move and it's not a real projectile, but I'm going to make the hitboxes slightly bigger, which will effectively increase the range by a small amount, but enough to make a difference.

What do you mean by target more than one character? It can do three at a time last time I checked...

Also, OP updated.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 09:43:52 AM »

I want to test this as well, guess I can't judge from seeing a video.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:24 PM »

Most of the difficult stuff got done today. Tomorrow is mostly just hitbox adjustments and a few graphical adjustments. OP updated, again. Thanks, everyone, and I'll be sending out the updates soon.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »

I'm sending out the second playtest version to everyone who got the first one. Let me know about the new stuff. It's all listed in the OP for reference.

zyborg
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 05:13:02 PM »

Er... I can't seem to download it, for some reason...

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »

Just tried it now, and it worked for me. Maybe try it again?

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »

I'll try this Update as soon as I get home.

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 47
    Print
    Jump to: