Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 14, 2011, 08:04:50 PM #60 Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 09:16:14 PM by mariofan1138
This is amazing.

I literally just started using PSAs outside of Brawl+,-, and balanced, like Sephiroth and Naruto. Maybe two days ago I downloaded Cloud and was impressed. However, many of his animations were clunky, and although decent, you could tell they weren't done by Nintendo or anything. That, along with some stuff in the moveset, led to me trying it out for a day, and I decided to remove him from my SD.

I just saw your youtube video and was shocked. Everything I criticized about Cloud before was completely fixed. The moveset looks great.
Most of all, the animations are astounding.
I can't tell you how awesome they look. I honestly would have thought this was made by Nintendo if I saw this when I got Brawl.

Just... yeah.
Really great work.

It's funny, I'm not even a Final Fantasy fan, but this has got to be the best version of an add-on character to Brawl I've seen so far.

Edit:
I just tested him out (download and everything worked) and it's amazing.
His playstyle is most similar to Ike, Pit, and Zelda. Ike's range/power, Pit's combos, Zelda's magic.
I can successfully beat him as a level 9 with my mains, so he seems considerably balanced (I use Brawl-). As for vBrawl, he'd probably be in the same tier as Metaknight.

I'm definitely keeping him.

Glad to know you like it! Just to be clear: the CSPs and stuff are all right, too, or has anyone even tried them yet? I plan on posting to the vault tomorrow, when I have time to put together some good pictures, and I want to make absolutely sure that everything is in order first. Thanks again!


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Out of curiosity, do you clean you animations in Brawlbox 0.62b after making them in the more recent version.  I was toying around with the clean option and it actually helped to smooth the animation.  I was just wondering since your animations are so smooth :)

Actually, no, as far as I could tell, the clean button didn't seem to do anything, so I never use it. How does it work o.O?

Edit:
[If I had to guess why my animations look good, I'd probably give 3 reasons:

1. I did a 6 1/2 minute stop motion animation for my animation final in college with clay and model gundams, so I've got a pretty good understanding of animation. (That's 9,360 frames for those playing along at home.) Stay in school, kids!

2. I teach Tae Kwon Do, so I have a pretty good understanding of how the body moves. Don't neglect your exercise, kids!

3. I have ADD, which is often mistaken for a short attention span, but it's actually an inability to control the focus of your attention, which enables me to work tirelessly on anything I'm really interested in. (But really bothers my girlfriend.) Take your meds, kids!]


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Wow that's awesome!  I'm just a 15 year old kid with no animating experience apart from what I do in Brawlbox and a couple a bad flash animations from years ago XD.

But about Clean.  Basically, it's a function that only works in version 0.62b of Brawlbox and by pressing it whilst you have an animation selected, it clears unneeded key frames and smoothens animations in some cases.  It's fantastic for reducing file size.

The version 0.62b can be downloaded either in dingoberriz's animation tutorials topic in the tutorials and guides section, or you can download it in my mediafire page (the download includes both 0.62b and 0.63d modset 4.1)

Haha, yeah, I'm embarrassingly old to be doing this, and I must say, congratulations on what you've accomplished. Never would have guessed you were a teenager.

And, about clean, that sounds like it would have saved me a lot of time, as I went through my animations by hand removing unnecessary key frames. Good to know, although I think I'm quitting when Cloud is done. Except for a Sonic project that I'm probably the only one interested in. I'm giving him a short range spin dash for f-smash instead of the punch, and changing his jumps/falls so that he falls in a ball, and giving him a hit box that will enable him to bounce off of enemies like in the genesis games. You know, because I'm old.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Cloud has been released! Thanks everyone! (There are some really minor sword glow changes in the release version, as well as the FFVII victory fanfare victory theme, so make sure you download it from my vault.)


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

i wonder if someone will make an OPed version of this.

I'd certainly like to see one.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

OK, so I'm making one more adjustment to the moveset and releasing it tomorrow alongside the new, higher-res css stuff.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Ok, everyone, this is it: the final version! Many of you complained about the super scope shot on Blade Beam, so I decided to give the people what they want. Blade Beam no longer uses the super scope and is much more impressive in terms of visuals and sound. The CSS images have been completely redone in much higher resolution and a new pose. This is the last update as far as I'm concerned, so I hope everyone enjoys it.

On Blade Beam:

  The reason I insisted on using the super scope shot, despite constant criticism, was that it was an actual projectile. The way Blade Beam is now, it can go through walls, slopes, and what-have-you. Originally, I felt that a real projectile was better, even if it didn't look good, but working on the new blade beam has changed my mind. Sure there might be some BS stuff you can pull with it on some stages, but overall it makes Cloud feel less like a hack, which is always better in my mind. Thanks again for your input, everyone, and I hope this makes a lot of people who wanted this change happy.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

All I have to say about Cloud is this EPICNESS TO THE MAX!! :happy:

I love every single detail that you've done to him.

Only one thing thats bothering me >.>...

Can you make his Down-B get more range like 2 Cloud height? [Meaning: the distance between Cloud and the limit the Fire Sphere shot, is equal to 1 Cloud (height of him)].

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

I really like this new Cloud! It's awesome, especially with the new Blade Beam. However, it still seems to have problems with Finishing Touch on an incline. It gets stuck in the hills...

Hmm... will fix Finishing Touch in the morning. It's like a 2 second fix. Small oversight. Meteorain, however, will not likely change in range. Would a knockback growth boost make up for it? I could increase its grounded range by making him jump higher, but its aerial range would be kind of cheap if it was any bigger. Thoughts?


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.