Haloedhero's Projects: Finally on the Project: M Team

Started by HaloedHero, March 04, 2011, 06:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

1.0.3 out! Finishing Touch goes up slopes on the ground, the entry animation has been improved, and Blade Beam in the air has been changed so that you have to be on the ground to even swing the sword, but you can air dodge-cancel the charge.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

The topic of this thread has changed! It is now open for discussion on how Cloud fits into Project M with the new beta I've made. Please leave feedback and suggestions. Should the specials be adjusted? Should he be able to hold his Blade Beam charge? Should the physics on any of the aerial specials be changed? Is he overpowered? Underpowered?


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

I just made a ic constants code cloud over jiggs 

jiggs has ikes's IC-Constant [Dantarion]
C2858928 00000003
2C040025 40820008
38800022 1C040038
60000000 00000000

Thanks, but an identical code is already packaged in with the download for the Beta...


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Darn, just as I get my Wii working, I find that the Project M GCT has too many lines of code and won't work with USB Loader :-\

Simple coding is simpler

Jiggs has 3 jabs/1 jump/Sound mod
04B0BA5C 00000003
04B0BA6C 00000001
4A000000 80AD89E0
14000094 00000020
E0000000 80008000

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
SSBB Name: Omega
SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
SSBB rank: I don't even know
[spoiler]Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

lol extra coding is wasted time on your part. The codes already included with the beta (ICs and sound mod) work just fine >.>


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

The reason you're not receiving so much feedback on this project-M release it's because most of the KC-MM users "dislike" Project-M (I, for once, haven't tried it), I'd suggest that you try your luck on Smashboards, if you're looking for feedback, you could get some, there, I think.

I think you might get some backlash from the PM team for doin' that.

Yeah, I didn't post it there, or even on the vault here, because I want a little feedback, but I don't want everyone and their brother downloading it. The P:M team purposefully closed off the demo, and the only reason I even posted this in the first place was for feedback reasons. I didn't want to make a full release, because I'm content waiting until the game is done for that. Actually, now that EternalYoshi mentions it, I'm taking the download down, because it's gotten enough d/ls, and no one has really left feedback, so it's on hold for now anyway.

As far as the generalization of people here disliking P:M... that's disappointing. :(.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: haloedhero on April 21, 2011, 02:37:00 PM
Yeah, I didn't post it there, or even on the vault here, because I want a little feedback, but I don't want everyone and their brother downloading it. The P:M team purposefully closed off the demo, and the only reason I even posted this in the first place was for feedback reasons. I didn't want to make a full release, because I'm content waiting until the game is done for that. Actually, now that EternalYoshi mentions it, I'm taking the download down, because it's gotten enough d/ls, and no one has really left feedback, so it's on hold for now anyway.

As far as the generalization of people here disliking P:M... that's disappointing. :(.

I don't dislike it, but I never installed it even after DL'ing. I even made a Project-M thread here to discuss it, and it ended getting closed 'cause people started stupid arguments there and started atatcking the Project, that's why I'm saying.

Quote from: haloedhero on April 21, 2011, 02:37:00 PM
As far as the generalization of people here disliking P:M... that's disappointing. :(.

Well I personally only like half the concepts behind Project M.  Whilst I think it's great that they're bringing back a load of the fancy tech skills and the fast pace of Melee, it does annoy me how they're changing movesets literally back to exactly how they were in Melee.  Some I can understand (like Falcon because let's face it, in Brawl he's bad and in Melee he's awesome) but others like Falco are just silly.  Why turn him back into a Fox clone?  Is it not possible to incorporate some of the aspects of Falco's techniques in Melee (like his Shine for example), but overall keep his Brawl moveset?  It sets him apart from Fox much more.

That said though, I love what they're doing to the newcomers so far.  The buffs that Lucas got are pretty awesome for instance.

But a similar thing can be said about Smashboards not really caring too much for independent PSAs.  Unless it's either a long running project that started like a year ago or a Melee character they take almost no notice XD  I posted my Viewtiful Joe moveset there and only got one piece of feedback @.@  Whereas here I got loads.

Indeed. I feel similarly about some of the Project: M changes, but I don't complain, because I know I'll like it much better than I like regular Brawl.

As far as the boards go, I guess that's why we have different communities for different things. To each his own.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on April 21, 2011, 02:47:40 PM
Well I personally only like half the concepts behind Project M.  Whilst I think it's great that they're bringing back a load of the fancy tech skills and the fast pace of Melee, it does annoy me how they're changing movesets literally back to exactly how they were in Melee.  Some I can understand (like Falcon because let's face it, in Brawl he's bad and in Melee he's awesome) but others like Falco are just silly.  Why turn him back into a Fox clone?  Is it not possible to incorporate some of the aspects of Falco's techniques in Melee (like his Shine for example), but overall keep his Brawl moveset?  It sets him apart from Fox much more.

That said though, I love what they're doing to the newcomers so far.  The buffs that Lucas got are pretty awesome for instance.

But a similar thing can be said about Smashboards not really caring too much for independent PSAs.  Unless it's either a long running project that started like a year ago or a Melee character they take almost no notice XD  I posted my Viewtiful Joe moveset there and only got one piece of feedback @.@  Whereas here I got loads.

Smashboards is full of fail, 98% of the "Projects" posted there are just an import on T pose, just look at Project Emil (I think this is the most recent one), it has about 9 pages, and the only thing that they have done is import the model, not even a Wait animation. Same goes for 98% of the other threads on Customized Concent, and the few that have actual progress only get downloads and no feedback.

Quote from: haloedhero on April 21, 2011, 02:58:00 PM
Indeed. I feel similarly about some of the Project: M changes, but I don't complain, because I know I'll like it much better than I like regular Brawl.

As far as the boards go, I guess that's why we have different communities for different things. To each his own.

True.  I'd just use the codeset for Project M so I could get the universal changes but unfortunately there are too many lines of code for it to work for me :-\  Curse you USB Loader...