Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 47
Author Topic: Clone Engine/Character Porting Q&A/FAQ Thread ***DO NOT REQUEST .RELS!!***  (Read 345752 times)
OmegaMalkior
Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #120 on: May 30, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »

Actually, Mr G&W has only one slot technically. I don't now really why, or how he works but he just does. I used only a FitGamewatch00.pcs and when I chose the blue color it loaded that one instead of freezing like a normal character would do.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Tempo_
    Supreme Kitten

You can't be restrained by common sense!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #121 on: May 30, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »

Huh. I placed Sephy over G&W without any problems. Just have a FitGameWatch00. You don't need any more textures.

Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
    Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
    Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
    Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
    All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
    -kazemaru95421

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #122 on: May 30, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

can anyone help me?

i downloaded Wisp/jiggs over mr gaw and made a multiple jump code for it. All slots work but the dark green mr G&W slot it freezes at the stage select screen... I know mr G&W has one more slot than jiggs but is it possible to fix this yet with a code or something?

Yeah, I'm the guy who made that. I personally tried this over all costumes and it works, but I'll try it again. Out of curiosity, did you use the IC-Constant code or did you simply make a multi-jump code for it? Because if you just made a multi-jump code there's a couple more constants that need to be changed comparing G&W to Jiggs (Jab, Multijab). That may cause the freeze.

IIRC, there's no G&W alternate textures since all 6 of them are hardcoded into the game somewhere, and I don't remember where they are. Come to think of it, I might want to make a new pack with a multijump, Jab, and Multijab code instead of an IC-Constant code...

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #123 on: May 30, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »

Yeah, I'm the guy who made that. I personally tried this over all costumes and it works, but I'll try it again. Out of curiosity, did you use the IC-Constant code or did you simply make a multi-jump code for it? Because if you just made a multi-jump code there's a couple more constants that need to be changed comparing G&W to Jiggs (Jab, Multijab). That may cause the freeze.

IIRC, there's no G&W alternate textures since all 6 of them are hardcoded into the game somewhere, and I don't remember where they are. Come to think of it, I might want to make a new pack with a multijump, Jab, and Multijab code instead of an IC-Constant code...

jab and multijab might be needed too fix it eh? i guess i will try that and see what happens.

I didnt use the IC constant code because you can only use one of those and im using it with my Cloud over Jigss.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »

(sorry for double post)

i added jab, rapid jab and multijump and it still froze the stage selection screen... The beep of doom is gone now it just freezes silently. which might mean were getting closer?

im sure adding another one of those special fix codes could fix it. but i dont know which one. Sad

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #125 on: May 30, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »

I'm wrong on that. Very, very wrong. Apparently costume slots are determined by the .rel as well, which explains the freeze. It did freeze for me as well when I went and looked at it again. Maybe I tested every slot but the dark-green slot...

Until I release a revision, patch a Marth .rel over G&W since Marth does have six costume slots. This is why Sephiroth never freezes. Both .rels work the exact same but Marth's has the sixth slot. I'll release a second revision today (newer non-conflicting IC-Constant codes, deleted Jigglypuff death sounds, and the costume fix) with everything properly set up. If you don't know how to patch a .rel, PM me for it or wait for me to release the Wisp pack revision.

Sorry about that...
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:29:18 PM by IWasAPerson » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2011, 04:50:40 PM »

I'm wrong on that. Very, very wrong. Apparently costume slots are determined by the .rel as well, which explains the freeze. It did freeze for me as well when I went and looked at it again. Maybe I tested every slot but the dark-green slot...

Until I release a revision, patch a Marth .rel over G&W since Marth does have six costume slots. This is why Sephiroth never freezes. Both .rels work the exact same but Marth's has the sixth slot. I'll release a second revision today (newer non-conflicting IC-Constant codes, deleted Jigglypuff death sounds, and the costume fix) with everything properly set up. If you don't know how to patch a .rel, PM me for it or wait for me to release the Wisp pack revision.

Sorry about that...

i backed up my gct so no harm done, i will wait for the fixed revised version then. This will still be on Mr G&W right?

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #127 on: May 30, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »

My theory's not working: the Marth .rel crashes the game for any costume for Wisp. I don't know enough about the rels to make a new costume slot (I'm pretty sure that's what Dantarion's Masquerade is supposed to do) but I did figure out another alternative: reroute G&W's 6th costume slot to load his first slot. That much I can do since a code exists for it, and cosmetically it will have no impact on the game. So, it'll be one more code to add but it will work properly this time. And now I can actually make a second revision...

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »

My theory's not working: the Marth .rel crashes the game for any costume for Wisp. I don't know enough about the rels to make a new costume slot (I'm pretty sure that's what Dantarion's Masquerade is supposed to do) but I did figure out another alternative: reroute G&W's 6th costume slot to load his first slot. That much I can do since a code exists for it, and cosmetically it will have no impact on the game. So, it'll be one more code to add but it will work properly this time. And now I can actually make a second revision...

That was a theory i had as well, i just didnt know how to write a code like that. So you found the code already?

I hope all goes well on your second revision, i cant wait to use a true glitch free Wisp rel port in-game.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #129 on: May 31, 2011, 03:29:41 PM »

I have something else I'd like to bring up in regards to porting characters via .rels.

1. AI - Anyone that's seen an Ike over Olimar knows that he'll...Run away and spam his B move in an fruitless attempt to harvest Pikmin from the earth. Is it possible to change a character's AI to better fit the .rel port?

2. SFX - For example, I like Roy(no surprise there) and Marth. I want them to both have their own voices. At this time, I can either have both of them sound like Marth, or both like Roy. What I would like to know is could I leave Marth's SFX alone, and if I were to port Roy over R.O.B., could I just have the Roy SFX replace R.O.B.'s and then re-map Roy's PSA to call on R.O.B.'s SFX?

3. Costume colours - Well...Alot of the characters I want to replace with other have semi-conflicting costume choices.(Mostly having default costumes be the Red team colour with one blue, when I'd prefer the defaults to be 1 green, and 4 non-team colours...)

R.O.B.'s default costume is red, but Roy/Marth's default is not a team colour.  Can we edit what the default costume is or the characters we want to boot?...So...Roy can be over R.O.B. but not making his red team colour be his "default" costume, but instead making the R.O.B.'s slot for costume 06 be the red team colour or something? ...Hope that made sense...

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #130 on: May 31, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »

I have something else I'd like to bring up in regards to porting characters via .rels.

1. AI - Anyone that's seen an Ike over Olimar knows that he'll...Run away and spam his B move in an fruitless attempt to harvest Pikmin from the earth. Is it possible to change a character's AI to better fit the .rel port?

2. SFX - For example, I like Roy(no surprise there) and Marth. I want them to both have their own voices. At this time, I can either have both of them sound like Marth, or both like Roy. What I would like to know is could I leave Marth's SFX alone, and if I were to port Roy over R.O.B., could I just have the Roy SFX replace R.O.B.'s and then re-map Roy's PSA to call on R.O.B.'s SFX?

3. Costume colours - Well...Alot of the characters I want to replace with other have semi-conflicting costume choices.(Mostly having default costumes be the Red team colour with one blue, when I'd prefer the defaults to be 1 green, and 4 non-team colours...)

R.O.B.'s default costume is red, but Roy/Marth's default is not a team colour.  Can we edit what the default costume is or the characters we want to boot?...So...Roy can be over R.O.B. but not making his red team colour be his "default" costume, but instead making the R.O.B.'s slot for costume 06 be the red team colour or something? ...Hope that made sense...

1. I noticed that. Not fixable (I think)

2. It is possible, but you have to do something with his PSA. Change it to reproduce ROB's effects and then replace them with Roy's.

SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #131 on: May 31, 2011, 04:09:54 PM »

R.O.B.'s default costume is red, but Roy/Marth's default is not a team colour.  Can we edit what the default costume is or the characters we want to boot?...So...Roy can be over R.O.B. but not making his red team colour be his "default" costume, but instead making the R.O.B.'s slot for costume 06 be the red team colour or something? ...Hope that made sense...

1. Yes, but it isn't easy. The AI that makes Olimar pull out Pikmin is hard coded somewhere I don't know where. Maybe it's in AI_common under fighter.pac?

Still AI modding is still in it's infancy.

3. Wait for Brawl Masquerade. That will help a lot.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2011, 04:34:06 PM »

i really dont understand coding lol... so can someone make a sound bank that gives Toon Link Link's SFX, and a sound bank that gives Olimar Mario's Sound Bank?

thanks!

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #133 on: May 31, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »

i really dont understand coding lol... so can someone make a sound bank that gives Toon Link Link's SFX, and a sound bank that gives Olimar Mario's Sound Bank?

thanks!

I'll do them for you since I know why you want them ^^

Toon Link Sound mod
    4A000000 80AD89E0
    140000A4 00000002
    E0000000 80008000

Olimar Sound mod
    4A000000 80AD89E0
    14000064 00000001
    E0000000 80008000

They should work properly now that I gave them their proper values

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:42:07 PM by Zack Fair » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »

thanks!

Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 47
    Print
    Jump to: