Tcll's resource box

Started by DarkPikachu, July 07, 2011, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MDL0 template: how would you prefer the data fields??

named according to Nintendo's SDK
named for noobs to understand
uugh...
I hated 3D Ripper >_<
I still use ogle though :D
lol

But yea...
Both were a pain...

Btw,
I tried deleting glut32.dll from my system directory...
(mine already existed)
Anyways, it still works.

So yea, any dlls needed by OpenGL will be included in Dev4. :)

Spoilers:
The logger now shows errors
It also shows when an external file is referenced, and the conversion used.

If there is an error while importing a file, it simply skipps the file and continues importing. (creating w/e data is needed)

The internal data is now verified.
(this allows for extra operations such as generating, or recalculating normal vectors)


I have more ideas for implamentations,
But I don`t want to spoil all of them :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Yep you were right it was deformed
Quote from: Tcll on September 13, 2012, 01:41:55 AM
I have more ideas for implamentations,
But I don`t want to spoil all of them :3
:srs:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

September 26, 2012, 04:12:47 PM #197 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:28:26 AM by DarkPikachu
Quote from: toonlink444 on September 13, 2012, 05:24:37 PM
:srs:
lololololol =3
you'll see them as I implament them :3

speaking of implamentations I'm working on UMC's updater,
and trying to figure out how Minecraft Editor implaments it's GUI.

I also have a little something for Roo525 ;D
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


as for other fixes...
this goes toward scripts:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


as for other possible info...
I might get into C++ programming for this reason:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


EDIT:
if anyone would like to help out...
I could use Portable versions of these packages:
NumPy+SciPy
PyOpenCL
PyOpenAL

if they're not portable, I can't integrate them with UMC >_>

- BlackJax edit: lots of images in 1 post should be put into spoilers :O

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Whoa. o_0 I bet my VB/C++ teacher would understand that, but i'm barely a novice at programming, so all I know is that you're somehow revolutionizing modeling transactions and stuff like that. :P You're doing a great job.

September 30, 2012, 03:49:08 AM #199 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:22:40 AM by DarkPikachu
just wanted to post some update images :)
I've gotten bones to display the way I wanted,
and even added a toggle option:


and also...
I've been testing the new features of freeglut and multitexturing now works perfectly ;)

^this model actually has 2 UV channels rendered using GL_ARB

I must also mention I've switched to using display lists :)
this calculates the model data once per load instead of once per frame...
this means speed is now as fast as brbx for moderate sized models ;)

but a downside to the switch delays the method for data verification >_>
which means the data is not verified as stated in the console.
(it's only there as a placeholder for now)

I'll try to get it out by dev4, but at most, expect it by dev5 :|
sry bout that guys... heh


[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on September 30, 2012, 03:49:08 AM
just wanted to post some update images :)
I've gotten bones to display the way I wanted,
and even added a toggle option:


and also...
I've been testing the new features of freeglut and multitexturing now works perfectly ;)

^this model actually has 2 UV channels rendered using GL_ARB

I must also mention I've switched to using display lists :)
this calculates the model data once per load instead of once per frame...
this means speed is now as fast as brbx for moderate sized models ;)

but a downside to the switch delays the method for data verification >_>
which means the data is not verified as stated in the console.
(it's only there as a placeholder for now)

I'll try to get it out by dev4, but at most, expect it by dev5 :|
sry bout that guys... heh


broken images mate o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

September 30, 2012, 06:37:46 AM #201 Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:11:12 PM by Tcll
Quote from: DSX8 on September 30, 2012, 04:51:40 AM
broken images mate o.o
thanx :)
fixed XD

EDIT:
if anyone was wondering why there hasn't been any textures yet...
it's because I've gotten no help or info on material structuring...

here's what I've got so far:

Material[
ambient[R,G,B],
diffuse[R,G,B],
specular[R,G,B],
Alpha,
Node input,
[Textures]
]

the textures block will change once I figure them out... (max of 10 textures is all I know)

but I still don't really know how to change materials between objects yet... heh

Post Merge: September 30, 2012, 01:11:11 PM

hey guess what :D
I've just downloaded a mod for MC which allows for GLSL shaders. :3

what's so great about it?
experiance helps wherever possible XD

as such, I could program a shader which also could be implamented in UMC !=D
and since I'm already looking into GLSL, this would really come in handy...

why havn't they implamented this in MC already :srs:
(select from a bunch of shaders for awesome gfx is what I mean)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 04, 2012, 06:04:47 PM #202 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:20:21 AM by DarkPikachu
a few updates:

error checking:


import supported files:


another update I'm working on is displaying in different 3D formats
(it's very buggy at this moment... heh)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 10, 2012, 05:23:07 PM #203 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:17:25 AM by DarkPikachu
I have another update ;)
actually I have a release XD

first off, here's the update:

I've gotten 3D viewing working flawlessly ;D


another image:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


except for panning:

^the focal-point stays at the grid position instead of shifting with the view.

another WIP:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


anyways...
here's the release:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x61p9vd4zgx8ygx
You still need to have python to run it!
I just ran into this problem where it's trying to import SciTE as a module... :srs:
I'll work on it and try to get it working by dev5...


also...
here's a future treat: ;)

^ses files will have their own registered extension ;)

EDIT:
updated the OP btw ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 10, 2012, 07:14:38 PM #204 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:54:13 PM by toonlink444
Does the update fix the problem with mdl0's? It would be nice to be able to convert them to .obj with out going through 3ds max. Don't want to pressure you though since what you want to do with it is up to you.
Edit2: Removed edit 1
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

October 12, 2012, 06:43:53 PM #205 Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:59:43 AM by DarkPikachu
3rd time typing this post >:O
forum: your request timed out so Imma delete your info *trollface*

- not working on scripts

- fixed local python installation and made a release (check the OP)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


- GUI progress (currently working on font)



everything works as shown ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Getting much closer on the Melee models. Not quite there yet, but I can actually tell what it's supposed to look like when I try importing either of the Wireframes now.

Once you get Melee stuff working, I'm sure you're going to see an explosion of activity, especially with the characters that didn't make it into Brawl.

October 13, 2012, 11:58:07 PM #207 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 05:04:11 AM by Tcll
I forgot to mention...
there is an exception that would get me working on the melee script again :3

and that's if Revel8n replies either with updates to my script (since he has UMC dev1),
or if he sends me his MPX viewer which he modified to work with melee models.
yes, melee progress is (and has actually been) pretty near complete, Revel8n just never released his mod. >:O
(I'm guessing there were issues that weren't shown in his images)

either way...
I really wish he'd've replied sooner -.-*

I still don't know how to properly structure materials yet...
otherwise I'd be showing off the textures >_>

also...
the data verification before display update may not be implamented for a while...
(meaning there could be internal data mis-match issues that could cause a crash)

I still need to re-structure the data to use dictionaries { 'text':[ data ] } instead of lists [ [ data ] ]

this of course would change script formatting a little as dictionaries index by strings instead of ints...

so... yea... many things are bound to change, but I do remain strict about backwards compatibility...
the only improvements should be speed and support ;)


1 more thing...
a Q as a matter of fact...

as a result of the GUI...
I was originally intending to not have any keyboard shortcuts as they can get rather tedious and complex...

would anyone REALLY prefer to use the kbd, or would the GUI switch be well worth it??
(3+ replies toward keeping this before dev5's release and my decision will be made)

EDIT:
if anyone would like to see what I'm currently getting into, you can go here ;)
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?256747-The-Hive-system-version-0-83-released&p=2222652&posted=1#post2222652

EDIT2:
well... I've just asked the blender community for help on the material structure...
so hopefully I can get some decent info to get me started. :3

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

October 15, 2012, 08:26:42 AM #208 Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:22:02 AM by Tiberious
Well, there's also exporting to a format that can support a skeleton and weighting to consider too. Doubt that .obj is the be-all and end-all of model formats, after all.

Edit: When I open a .mdl0 and export it to .obj, it throws an error in Blender upon import (tried both Yellow and Green Alloys, just to make sure it wasn't the stomach section causing problems).

They do import into Wings3D, however, but are missing the data for the stomach section. The section being referred to uses that 'Line Strip' type.

Thing is, I'd -like- to be able to get the UV layout it uses... only problem is, Blender can import a .obj 'dump' from BrawlBox as unconnected vertices (Wings3D doesn't), but discards the UV layout, even if faces are created later.

Do you think there might be some way to make the .obj export make faces between those lines (Brawl has to know how to generate them, after all) so that model editing programs can retrieve/use the stored UV data?

interesting... :o

I never tried an import of an alloy.
so alloy's use line-strips >_>

I'm not sure but I think I did add line-strip support upon obj export...
(that has to do the the wavefront script in the model export function)

thanx for telling me :)
but could I get an image of the error in blender <_<
(not sure if the obj script supports linestrips in blender)

anyways, no, OBJ doesn't support bones...
but yet it supports weight groups :srs:

I'm quite busy with UMC's GUI and function handling atm...
I could really use some script help if you'd like to see this thing fly ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.