Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: ...:::Group Project: Nathan Spencer::.. UP Special  (Read 30237 times)
8o8 Dark
Extreme Kitten

Discs are for people who like scratches

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »

Umm... I don't know 100% sure, but maybe base it somewhat off of Link's Final Smash, because that checks where the opponent is. We could base it off of that. Give the arm a stunning flag, then apply Link's Final Smash so that he dashes to the opponent. Not too sure though. Since Toon Link does the same thing, but with shorter range, try checking both of them, as that may help with coding that into his attack. And, basically he dashes really fast (like Link/Toon Link) to the enemy. And in the case the enemy was in the air when the move is used, i guess he flies off too, attacks with an aerial version (slight animation changes), then must find some way to get back to the edge E: 
    EDIT 3:  I like the idea of a rock smashing attack! maybe up special?   sneds his grapple up extramely high ( pikachus thunder high) grabs a rock and whips it directly downards. Him going up and the rock going down.  the rock hitting anything in its path. ?

If it's Pikachu Thunder high, that makes it extremely cheap doesn't it? Unless the height you gain when using it in air is very low...

And again for the Up Special, I another possiblility is Using a reanimated version of Ivysaur's Up Special, using the Bionic Arm instead, or uses some gadgets and jumps upward :3 (similar to Eldrian's Zero Up B)

rar! rar! rar! --8o8 Dark

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #61 on: August 31, 2011, 04:14:38 PM »

now how about in air you guys?   theres a chance he may not hit the enemy in air D=

EDIT:   yeah i just meant he grabs the rock from very high up ( so hopefully you dont see it appear out of no where)  He should get about the same height as the star fox characters.   and it wont be a spiking rock, that would be to much, just a small collision.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:19:04 PM by StarWaffle » Logged

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: August 31, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »

oh. what about his aerial version

EDIT: For his Side B, I agree to just make an invisible hitbox so that when he touches it he starts the attack. Also if used in that way, he shouldnt miss, because if it stuns, then he/she shouldnt move at all, right? they just stay stuck looking funny, and spencer closes in and attacks. but... if i am wrong and they do fall down, then you could always make PSA check if the opponent is aerial and if it is, go to a new subaction - suicide with the opponent Tongue

EDIT 2: For his Final Smash, why not make it so that he uses an attack of his own: He starts up with shooting with his guns (10 bullets total, 3% each), then using a variation of Tabuu's attack where he grabs you with the whip and throws you, but instead of throwing them away, he brings them closer and unleashing a huge combo of melee combat/bionic arm epicness. Also, I can probably help with PSA, maybe animating simple things. For PSA, i can get GFX, some SFX, probably some attacks that dont require too complex programming. Dont know, ill have to wait till next week to start though, since i the computer i used to use is being fixed, and my current one ahs only 512MB of RAM, and is really slow.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:35:12 PM by 8o8 Dark » Logged

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »

Yeah I don't care too much about Final smashes to feel the need to make completely new one,  We can just use links as a base and add in some new animations of him doing cool [censored].

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: August 31, 2011, 06:33:42 PM »

well, since there havent been too many neutral special ideas given out, what here are some ideas I came up with:
    Bionic Lancer: Basically, Falcon Punch, but with different flags, GFX, and maybe longer reach, less lag, less damage, and an animation change

Earth Piercer: Spencer punches the ground below him, creating electric shockwaves coming out of the ground. Reaches roughly 1/3 of Final Destination, and can also make water of fire shockwaves come out of the ground instead of electricity. In air, he falls fast towards the ground, slight movement left/right is allowed, traps opponents. Deals 1-2% while trapped. If the attack connect to the ground, he creates ice shockwaves. All shockwaves deal 9% plus their respective element. Because the ice shockwaves could be highly spammable, an Asynchronous Timer should be added so that only if the attack lasts 60 frames, the shockwaves will appear. He falls about the speed of Ganondorf in freefall.

Electric Shock: Spencer holds his hand out in front of him, creating a ball of electricity, dealing 3-11% (charge maxes out at 300 frames, but he starts to deal 1% to himself every 30 frames after 900 frames, and can be held indefinetly). In air, he uses Mario's F-Air with an electric trail behind his Bionic Arm. The aerial attack deals 7%.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: August 31, 2011, 10:40:01 PM »

We don't really need a loop animation... Because the grapple goes out for a certain distance, we can just have the grappling animation roughly the same length as the start time of the grapple.

Up special should be like ZSS. With his grapple wire, he fires upwards, if it connects, he latches on to the character and zips upwards. If it misses, it misses... But It can also tether ledges.

And Side specail should tether as well.

And He should have no Z-air, it should just be an air dodge.

-~-~-

Oh, I just thought of cool ideas for his grapple wire. We should have a kind of freeze frame when he grapples someone. (Like when you clawshot someone at max reach, it pauses for a moment.) We should have it that within that time, you can press the opposite direction to bring the character closer to you. And you can leave it if you want to approach people.

The thing about this is that people can't rely on these specials that often, because they usually produce endlag for spencer which would make him punishable. But that should be part of his playstyle. While being able to close distances between him and his foes, it will cost ya with ending lag or another sort.
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 10:43:16 PM by Royal_Blade » Logged

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »

Well, if Spencer is going to have ZSS' Up Special and have his Side Special tether, wouldn't that be the teensiest bit overpowered, because in the description, it says 1/2 of Battlefield's length. That's basically gives Spencer to almost definitely recover, especially in small/medium sized stages, because of his vertical tether and the long reach horizontal tether. Maybe it could tether, but then in air the reach should be reduced to about... 1/4-1/3 of Final Destination; assuming you want to keep this PSA balanced.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:50 AM »

*brainstorms*

What alternate costumes do you guys have in mind for him?

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:22 AM »

Link? Well there goes that idea of mine. I just checked and he doesn't have that extra bone in his arm.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:13 AM »

Link? Well there goes that idea of mine. I just checked and he doesn't have that extra bone in his arm.
    I thought it was already agreed on using the Clawshow/Hookshot for the Bionic Arm?

*brainstorms*

I was thinking about those. Maybe his original is... the original but with a dark green, a bit more on the green side shirt, and then a red shirt for the red costume, blue shirt for the blue one, for the yellow he has a white t-shirt on or something, white is a bright/normal green colored shirt, and the difference is noticeable. The black one could be a black[er] Bionic Arm and a black shirt.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: September 01, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »

We can use some of these for alternate costumes:
    <a href="http://youtu.be/4lyYhBCIaOk?t=5m18s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/4lyYhBCIaOk?t=5m18s</a>

And I was looking at the OP and noticed that were not using the rock idea for down special?

And Why not have his neutral special as his grenade launcher. He can fire one shot at a time and they'll travel the same distance as Link's uncharged arrows. Or just a tad more. Contact with the grenade with deal fire damage. It can deal like 10%.

Edit: Also name the side special to Grapple Wire. "Bionic Arm" reminds me of his Bionic Lancer special in MvC3. Also because the special is revolving around the wire that is grappling.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:57:13 AM by Royal_Blade » Logged

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: September 01, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »

*brainstorms*

He should have his Rearmed 1 & 2 costumes if possible.

Unless you're talking just about alt colors, in which case his MvC3 colors should work fine.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: September 01, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »

I don't think the MvC3 recolors are enough, so we could make his Rearmed 1&2 costumes.

From the video I posted above has 4 alternate colors. His original (green), a red, a sleeveless tee w/ dark camo pants, and an orange color... So we'ed (just made it up) a blue color, and another color. Maybe one of his rearmed costumes would do.

*Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: September 01, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »

Why not just make it so he only has four? Just a thought.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:50:59 PM by 8o8 Dark » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: September 01, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »

i wouldnt mind bein a tester o.o

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: