Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Oshtoby's Stages - Melee Battlefield UPDATED (01/19/2012 3:45 PM)  (Read 47811 times)
Friedslick6
Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »

You could obtain better stage model rips by utilising Dolphin through GameAssassin...

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #61 on: December 21, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »

They're already Dolphin rips O.o

BTW, here's my current Battlefield:

http://www.mediafire.com/?c6hlfml0fk9vn9j

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »

But they weren't ripped using GameAssassin now were they?

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »

No idea O.o

What's the special feature of that gameassassin thing?

Stage shadows tutorial

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: December 21, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »

Well see, GameAssassin captures the proper dimensions and original locations of each model captured from Dolphin without UV issues. It may even rip animated models from some Dolphin games unposed, as it does have the feature to force animation to be excluded from a capture.

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: December 21, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »

Well see, GameAssassin captures the proper dimensions and original locations of each model captured from Dolphin without UV issues. It may even rip animated models from some Dolphin games unposed, as it does have the feature to force animation to be excluded from a capture.
    I've tried to figure out how to use Gameassassin before, and I cannot. Would you be able to tell me how to properly rip Dolphin models in Gameassassin, if you know how?
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:27:45 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: December 21, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »

You could obtain better stage model rips by utilising Dolphin through GameAssassin...
    hmm GameAssassin... i'll have to take a look at that...

BTW Oshtoby... Im rebuilding Brinstar Depths... so hopefully i'll look more better than the beta version i made and havent released xD

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: December 21, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »

I've tried to figure out how to use Gameassassin before, and I cannot. Would you be able to tell me how to properly rip Dolphin models in Gameassassin, if you know how?
    Sure thing. I'll just go find the instructions I wrote somewhere else...

k, found them. GameAssassin can be downloaded from this site ("GameAssassin 共享版 2010-6-19 下载次数:00000155" is the download link for the latest free version of the program as of the date of this post.) However, GameAssassin only works with Windows XP x86 (and possibly through a Virtual Machine running Windows XP x86.)

GameAssassin usage instructions:
    • A more correctly translated version of GameAssassin and its accompanying help file can be downloaded from this post (and the following instructions will relate to this version in terms of naming).
    • Otherwise, you can specify the program's language to be English. To do this, click the third button down from the top of the main window's rightmost button column, and then from the sub-window select "English" from "Option:General>Language". Click OK to exit the sub-window and save the new setting, and then exit and reopen the program to apply the new setting.
    • To specify GameAssassin to capture unposed models, tick "Force mode" and select "expand mode" and "Capture actual model" from "Option:3D>Advaeced setting:Control". Click OK from both sub-windows to exit from both and save the new settings (please note that this will not guarantee captured models to be unposed.)
    • Check that GameAssassin is set to capture from whatever the game renders as in the "Option:3D>Control" menu (D3D/OpenGL.)
    • If pressing the "Capture model" hotkey (ALT+F7 by default) doesn't capture models, try setting it to another key combination, holding down the key combination while causing the game to update, or pressing the "Capture send code" (ALT+F10 by default). Also see if using other hotkeys listed within the "Hotkey" tab influence the game. If not, you can try ticking the "Shield hotkey" option under the same sub-window tab, and/or selecting "Process mode" under "Option:General>General".
    • To integrate GameAssassin into an executable, tick the "Activate function" box from the bottom-right of the main window, then click "Load" from the side of the same window. From the resulting sub-window, enter the location of the executable in the "Program:" category, and the directory the executable is to load from in the "Work Project:" category.
    • After capturing a scene's models, a .lst list file of each ripped model is automatically generated in the output directory. That list and the individual GameAssassin-OBJ models referred from it can be imported into 3D Studio Max using the creator's GameAssassin import plugins ("GameAssassin专用3DSMAX* 导入插件" is the download link for the plugins, with * being the plugin for different versions of 3D Studio Max).
    • Through GameAssassin's "3D View" sub-window, you can also preview models, specify which are to be included in a .lst list file, make new .lst list files and export models to .xml.

For Dolphin in particular, you may have to spam a hotkey in order for it to work, and Direct3D GPU plugins are the only ones compatible with GameAssassin. Once intergrated with GameAssassin and running an ISO, you should see a "GA" logo in the top-left corner of Dolphin's view window, and when capturing a scene there should be a green status bar to the right of that logo. The Chinese version of GameAssassin's captures of Dolphin contain the original positioning, dimensions, textures and UVs.
    Do consider using this program. Smiley
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:58:23 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »

Sure thing. I'll just go find the instructions I wrote somewhere else...

k, found them. GameAssassin can be downloaded from this site ("GameAssassin 共享版 2010-6-19 下载次数:00000155" is the download link for the latest free version of the program as of the date of this post.) However, GameAssassin only works with Windows XP x86 (and possibly through a Virtual Machine running Windows XP x86.)

GameAssassin usage instructions:
    • A more correctly translated version of GameAssassin and its accompanying help file can be downloaded from this post (and the following instructions will relate to this version in terms of naming).
    • Otherwise, you can specify the program's language to be English. To do this, click the third button down from the top of the main window's rightmost button column, and then from the sub-window select "English" from "Option:General>Language". Click OK to exit the sub-window and save the new setting, and then exit and reopen the program to apply the new setting.
    • To specify GameAssassin to capture unposed models, tick "Force mode" and select "expand mode" and "Capture actual model" from "Option:3D>Advaeced setting:Control". Click OK from both sub-windows to exit from both and save the new settings (please note that this will not guarantee captured models to be unposed.)
    • Check that GameAssassin is set to capture from whatever the game renders as in the "Option:3D>Control" menu (D3D/OpenGL.)
    • If pressing the "Capture model" hotkey (ALT+F7 by default) doesn't capture models, try setting it to another key combination, holding down the key combination while causing the game to update, or pressing the "Capture send code" (ALT+F10 by default). Also see if using other hotkeys listed within the "Hotkey" tab influence the game. If not, you can try ticking the "Shield hotkey" option under the same sub-window tab, and/or selecting "Process mode" under "Option:General>General".
    • To integrate GameAssassin into an executable, tick the "Activate function" box from the bottom-right of the main window, then click "Load" from the side of the same window. From the resulting sub-window, enter the location of the executable in the "Program:" category, and the directory the executable is to load from in the "Work Project:" category.
    • After capturing a scene's models, a .lst list file of each ripped model is automatically generated in the output directory. That list and the individual GameAssassin-OBJ models referred from it can be imported into 3D Studio Max using the creator's GameAssassin import plugins ("GameAssassin专用3DSMAX* 导入插件" is the download link for the plugins, with * being the plugin for different versions of 3D Studio Max).
    • Through GameAssassin's "3D View" sub-window, you can also preview models, specify which are to be included in a .lst list file, make new .lst list files and export models to .xml.

For Dolphin in particular, you may have to spam a hotkey in order for it to work, and Direct3D GPU plugins are the only ones compatible with GameAssassin. Once intergrated with GameAssassin and running an ISO, you should see a "GA" logo in the top-left corner of Dolphin's view window, and when capturing a scene there should be a green status bar to the right of that logo. The Chinese version of GameAssassin's captures of Dolphin contain the original positioning, dimensions, textures and UVs.
    Do consider using this program. Smiley

Every time I try to load up 3DS max 2011 with the plugin installed, it gives me this error:

The program then loads, but I without that importing ability. What do?

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 06:01:34 PM »

I've never experienced that problem before. Let me Google that for you.
    « Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:10:27 PM by Friedslick6 » Logged

AGFanProduction
    Holy Kitten

there is a purpose in me being here.

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: December 28, 2011, 04:18:53 PM »

@Oshtoby

I don't know if your update on Brawl Vault about the Melee Battlefield is your version or Mewtwo's version, but I have to say that Mewtwo2000's version is the best one I have tested out so far.
    It looks delicious in game, the textures, the collisions, and it even has his diamond that it has in Melee:

I hope that this is the version you have in your vault, because, for me, It is almost complete, just need the original Background and some Lighting fixes.

Just pointing out my current opinion about Melee Battlefield by Mewtwo2000.
    I do like it.  Police

*Permission to use Mewtwo PSA hack is granted, only if I'm collaborated in the Brawl Vault Download, otherwise, no permission is given and if is already used, remove download from vault, unless you collaborate me*

AG's PSA/Animation Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36777.0
    KC-MM Project Mewtwo: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=55338.0
    The *M* Texture thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9737.0
    Godzilla Unleashed Model Importing Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64587.0

Lucavi
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: December 28, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »

I will be updating both Mushroom Kingdom II and Kongo Jungle Melee tomorrow, Kongo Jungle more so than Mushroom Kingdom II.

I don't know if this helps or not but I tested which Characters' Final Smashes cause glitches on Mushroom Kingdom II:

Mario
    Link
    Samus & ZSS
    Kirby
    Fox
    Marth
    Mr. Game & Watch
    Luigi
    Zelda/Sheik
    Pit
    Meta Knight
    Falco
    Pokemon Trainter
    Peach
    Yoshi
    Ice Climbers
    King DeDeDe
    Wolf
    Lucario
    Ness
    Toon Link
    Olimar
    Jigglypuff
    Lucas
    Donkey Kong's Final Smash causes less glitching than the above characters but its still noticeable.

These characters' Final Smashes cause no glitches:
    Pikachu
    Diddy Knog
    Snake
    Ganondorf
    Sonic
    Bowser
    Wario
    ROB
    Falcon

Also, GigaBowser can sometimes hang off the right-side edge of the lower platform and kill himself.  I can't seem to get him to hang off the left side.  Really not a big deal since he hardly fits there and really deserves to die if he does hang there.

Thanks for the awesome stage(s)!

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2012, 01:45:02 PM »

That's interesting stuff, I'll look into it if Oshtoby has not done yet when I get time O.o

Stage shadows tutorial

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: January 06, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »

I am currently in the process of ripping all character models from Melee. Don't expect to much from me for a bit. I want to get GameAssassin working before I do anything.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 03:41:13 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: January 06, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »

I am currently in the process of ripping all character models from Melee. Don't expect to much from me for a bit. I want to get GameAssassin working before I do anything.
    Splendid! Does that include Doc, Roy, Pichu, and Mewtwo?

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    NNID: Allav866

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8