DSX8 stuff! Smash2 beat me to Poke Floats - 05/03/2020

Started by DSX8, October 24, 2011, 05:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

June 22, 2015, 05:38:46 AM #11235 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:47:36 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive
Quote from: DSX8 on June 22, 2015, 05:34:26 AM
hmm, it has lag? does the other versions have lag? cause i tested with 4 kirby's, 4 toon links, and 4 meta knights on the regular version (didnt bother testing the other 2 on my wii)

For that I'll have to check. I'll get back to you on that in a little bit.

Post Merge: June 22, 2015, 05:47:36 AM

All right, just checked the other two versions, both with Mario and Luigi and two Kirbys. All three versions have the same amount of lag, as well as an issue with flickering shadows.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on June 22, 2015, 05:38:46 AM
For that I'll have to check. I'll get back to you on that in a little bit.

Post Merge: June 22, 2015, 05:47:36 AM

All right, just checked the other two versions, both with Mario and Luigi and two Kirbys. All three versions have the same amount of lag, as well as an issue with flickering shadows.
flickering shadows? u mean character shadows? or the shadow object on the building in the bg?

and odd that u'd get lag.. o_o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on June 22, 2015, 06:02:27 AM
flickering shadows? u mean character shadows? or the shadow object on the building in the bg?

Both, actually.

Quote from: DSX8 on June 22, 2015, 06:02:27 AM
and odd that u'd get lag.. o_o

Yeah man, you're telling me. Lmao

Maybe some input from anyone else using the stages would help, if it concerns them enough.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on June 22, 2015, 06:11:07 AM
Both, actually.

Yeah man, you're telling me. Lmao

Maybe some input from anyone else using the stages would help, if it concerns them enough.
well from what im getting on my facebook page.. a user that uses Project M says it works just fine.
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on June 22, 2015, 06:26:53 AM
well from what im getting on my facebook page.. a user that uses Project M says it works just fine.

That is odd. But I guarantee I'm not lying about the issues with these stages.

I suppose I'll have to find a workaround.
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on April 07, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on June 22, 2015, 07:02:16 AM
That is odd. But I guarantee I'm not lying about the issues with these stages.

I suppose I'll have to find a workaround.
yeah.. ill retest them on my wii tomorrow
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

June 22, 2015, 08:04:46 AM #11241 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:05:59 AM by Sandfall
Quote from: HypnotizeOverdrive on June 22, 2015, 07:02:16 AM
That is odd. But I guarantee I'm not lying about the issues with these stages.

I suppose I'll have to find a workaround.
Quote from: DSX8 on June 22, 2015, 07:06:42 AM
yeah.. ill retest them on my wii tomorrow

I only tried the "normal" version of the stage, but I can confirm that that there are errors in that one.
MShadow1 has a misnamed bone so the model animation moves it to mshadow3's postition instead. MShadow 3 also extends slightly off of the main stage, so shadows appear in the air. Also, all of the shadows are just a tiny bit too low, so they caused flickering (at least on dolphin, not sure about the wii yet, but it probably flickers there too).

I already fixed this for myself if you want to take a look:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gisse64k0rbrwyu/STGPALUTENA.pac

Awesome imports by the way. There are definitely a bunch I'll be tweaking and adding to my custom build.

June 22, 2015, 12:17:14 PM #11242 Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:28:11 PM by DSX8
alright thanks for the feedback. I'll be uploading a fix sometime tomorrow.

anyways... *ahem*
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

There were so many posts... so many great ones to choose from. :v
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: DSX8 on June 22, 2015, 12:17:14 PM
alright thanks for the feedback. I'll be uploading a fix sometime tomorrow.

anyways... *ahem*


Will the posts scroll?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

He is planning on making the pics have a rotation... Where it only shows a few... then they cycle out to show others... Like the stage does itself already.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I've only tried the platform version so far but yeah, there's some lag. It's minor, but it is noticeable, even with only one player (Kirby). I tested it on my Wii to be sure.

The cause is not the background, apparently, if you use the camera to pan over the background it moves smoothly. But if you bring it to the foreground, where you can see the big roof on the right, and pan, you will notice a slight framerate drop.

The Wii appears to have trouble rendering the highpoly roof from so up close.

About the shadow flickering, at least on the platform version, it happens on the shadow of the big roof to the right and also on the lower platforms. It doesn't happen in the top platform or the main floor.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Nao-chan on June 22, 2015, 01:31:21 PM
There were so many posts... so many great ones to choose from. :v
and there's probably some more good ones today too by now xD

Quote from: Nebulon on June 22, 2015, 02:10:32 PM
Will the posts scroll?
yes they will

Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on June 22, 2015, 05:53:31 PM
I've only tried the platform version so far but yeah, there's some lag. It's minor, but it is noticeable, even with only one player (Kirby). I tested it on my Wii to be sure.

The cause is not the background, apparently, if you use the camera to pan over the background it moves smoothly. But if you bring it to the foreground, where you can see the big roof on the right, and pan, you will notice a slight framerate drop.

The Wii appears to have trouble rendering the highpoly roof from so up close.

About the shadow flickering, at least on the platform version, it happens on the shadow of the big roof to the right and also on the lower platforms. It doesn't happen in the top platform or the main floor.
eh i feared that would happen... :(
its mostly the high poly roof and i tried taking out as much poly's from it as i could.. but was only able to reduce it by 35k-40k poly's
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Btw, I wanted to ask... the platformed version seems to have something greenish on the  platforms? Why is that?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Anarchy Panty (Br3) on June 22, 2015, 11:35:57 PM
Btw, I wanted to ask... the platformed version seems to have something greenish on the  platforms? Why is that?
greenish? do show me

https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady