WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Making progress :P still have some things to fix though


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 29, 2013, 12:12:30 PM
I sure do.

Some models have 'invisible' objects. Hide all the main objects, then hit "H" to open the object list. If there are any that aren't hidden, then delete them.

If that doesn't work, send the model to me and I'll try to look at it.

Quote from: Nanobuds on August 29, 2013, 01:57:15 PM
Some models have 'invisible' objects. Hide all the main objects, then hit "H" to open the object list. If there are any that aren't hidden, then delete them.

If that doesn't work, send the model to me and I'll try to look at it.

I tried selecting all objects/polygons, and hiding them, and nothing. Everything's there. As soon as it's time to import the polygons, that's when BB crashes.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 29, 2013, 01:59:49 PM
I tried selecting all objects/polygons, and hiding them, and nothing. Everything's there. As soon as it's time to import the polygons, that's when BB crashes.
Right click and press unhide all and check if there are any objects that aren't rigged.

Quote from: Kingskull95 on August 28, 2013, 03:44:00 AM
working on a new project


still missing a lot

who is he going over? any plans for the smoke?

Quote from: dougdude10 on August 29, 2013, 09:30:45 PM
who is he going over? any plans for the smoke?
How do you not notice the stance? He's over Sheik.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

If there's anything I've learned in the year or so I've been rigging, is that some things have to be learned the hard and extremely painful way



Found the root cause of the sword-not-lining-up with the animation issue, and believe me, it wasn't pretty.  All I have to do now is blend the vertices on the joints ;D  Wish I caught the problem sooner, oh well, live and learn  8)

So you did fix it. Did Nano help you?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: AdfroMan on August 29, 2013, 07:59:32 PM
Right click and press unhide all and check if there are any objects that aren't rigged.

Nope, everything's rigged. I don't get it. D:

August 29, 2013, 10:10:23 PM #11514 Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:15:04 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Segtendo on August 29, 2013, 10:03:42 PM
So you did fix it. Did Nano help you?

Yes, they told me something I didn't realize before. Both him and Iwvi kept talking to me about how the sword was rigged, visibility bones and the link, but then I got to thinking, if the sword still doesn't animate properly, then there has to be another underlying issue. Turns out, the bone for SwordN/SwordM was rotated when it shouldn't have been. Then I found out that the envelopes could be imported from my last attempt. I started over, imported the weights and now I'm working on tweaking the model.  That was a mess ROFL :laugh:

Oy vey  :P

Ah yes, that happens for some reason, like the Ice Climbers' hammer bones will be rotated by 3ds Max and would cause them to look weird in animations where those bones were used. Iwvi and Nano must've thought that you meant that there were two swords showing and not that the sword was being rotated weirdly.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 29, 2013, 10:47:58 PM
Ah yes, that happens for some reason, like the Ice Climbers' hammer bones will be rotated by 3ds Max and would cause them to look weird in animations where those bones were used. Iwvi and Nano must've thought that you meant that there were two swords showing and not that the sword was being rotated weirdly.

And it turned out I rotated the sword bone, why, I don't know, perhaps I thought there was something wrong with Ike's skeleton....nope! Wish I hadn't but why should I dwell in the past? Rigging is an ever-learning experience, sometimes, it can be painful, but yeah, those two told me that the sword itself is rigged to SwordN (I think N means "node") but SwordM needs to be the visibility bone, and ever since starting from scratch (kinda) it actually works in Brawl the way it should. I'm never moving bones like that again ROFL.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on August 29, 2013, 10:05:56 PM
Nope, everything's rigged. I don't get it. D:

When you got the error in BrawlBox, try to look at the object screen (the small one who shows the objects decoding), it'll be the problematic one, then fix it in 3ds max


It's the face polygon/object.

But I can't figure out how to fix it. D:

August 30, 2013, 01:14:10 AM #11519 Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:24:43 AM by Nanobuds
Did you use the skin wrap method?

I won't be able to look at the model until tomorrow night