Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1176 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 1182 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4653492 times)
BlueBrain
God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17670 on: January 09, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »

you should look at shoulderN bones as transition bones between bustN and shoulderJ

and yes, they are necesary for a rig to look good, its inmediatly noticeable if a model isn't rigged to shoulderN bones, because the shoulders will stretch as hell in any animation that uses shoulderN bones (all animations use them btw)

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17671 on: January 09, 2015, 06:33:24 PM »

I was able to start fixing up his head. I had no idea you could select Elements in an object and apply textures on an element-to-element basis! Tongue

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17672 on: January 09, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »

Tabuu! How...how did you fix the UV mapping? DK's own is pretty messy except for his eyes, tongue, and tie. I used the 3D Ripper method. Only down side is that they are always skewed when using it on Dolphin. Easy fix though.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17673 on: January 09, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »

Tabuu! How...how did you fix the UV mapping? DK's own is pretty messy except for his eyes, tongue, and tie. I used the 3D Ripper method. Only down side is that they are always skewed when using it on Dolphin. Easy fix though.

Like I said, a Metroid Prime hacker sent me his model exporter, since they use the same file types.

With a lot of patience and time. The textures are mapped funny and I had to separate some objects and they were mixed up like hell.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #17674 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »

It does make sense, but the question is, Peach's N bones are so jacked up, why should I rig them and just go to the J bones instead? Are they truly necessary to rig on Peach?  I can never seem to rig shoulders right no matter what I do.
    The only times you can get away with not rigging the ShoulderN bones over Peach is if the new character has the big poofy dress shoulders like Peach and Daisy because those shoulders will cover up the arm actually being disconnected for the most part, but since Ruto's arms are connected to her torso the ShoulderN bones are kinda required. I mean you could go ahead and skip the ShoulderN bones and then test that rig in the animations and see what she looks like, but it'd help if the ShoulderN bones were rigged. However, I know that shoulders are not your thing (besides me reading you saying that you've always had trouble with them in that post, I remember you saying the same thing many times before) so I won't blame you if you skip the ShoulderN bones. Some characters have weird ShoulderN bones.
    You have DK? Sad How about Diddy?

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17675 on: January 09, 2015, 07:28:59 PM »

you should look at shoulderN bones as transition bones between bustN and shoulderJ

and yes, they are necesary for a rig to look good, its inmediatly noticeable if a model isn't rigged to shoulderN bones, because the shoulders will stretch as hell in any animation that uses shoulderN bones (all animations use them btw)

Then can you explain to me why, whenever it is I rig ShoulderN to a weight of 1, the should looks like [censored] when it bends? I genuinely wonder why I can never rig it right no matter how I rig and blend the vertices. Clearly I'm not doing something right.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #17676 on: January 09, 2015, 08:08:54 PM »

Sometimes the rig is better if there aren't any vertices that have a weight of 1 of a bone, I've found myself having the vertices around the ShoulderN bone being a combination of weighted to both BustN & ShoulderN and rigged to ShoulderN & ShoulderJ.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17677 on: January 09, 2015, 08:10:22 PM »

Then can you explain to me why, whenever it is I rig ShoulderN to a weight of 1, the should looks like [censored] when it bends? I genuinely wonder why I can never rig it right no matter how I rig and blend the vertices. Clearly I'm not doing something right.

As a rule of thumb, rigging everything to 1 will look like [censored]. Avoid that whenever possible. As SMF1 said, it'll look way better when blending between 2 bones,

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17678 on: January 09, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

Sometimes the rig is better if there aren't any vertices that have a weight of 1 of a bone, I've found myself having the vertices around the ShoulderN bone being a combination of weighted to both BustN & ShoulderN and rigged to ShoulderN & ShoulderJ.

Er, I mean before blending, vertices have a 1 weight by default, then you blend them between other bones' influence, I suck at wording.

As a rule of thumb, rigging everything to 1 will look like [censored]. Avoid that whenever possible. As SMF1 said, it'll look way better when blending between 2 bones,

Yeah, bad wording, I've never successfully rigged N bones, so, here goes nothing. I'll be sure to show what happens whenever I rig to those infamous N bones  Grin
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 08:27:37 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17679 on: January 09, 2015, 08:40:41 PM »

In my limited rigging experience I have learne that shoulders are a beyetch.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17680 on: January 09, 2015, 09:07:18 PM »

And this picture is proves why Laugh

This concludes that I suck at rigging Grin

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17681 on: January 09, 2015, 09:22:13 PM »

lol im good at shoulders.. need any pics on how shoulders should be rigged?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17682 on: January 09, 2015, 10:16:18 PM »

more lu bu!

Bunny ears are going to look fantastic on him.
    I will probably download him solely for that purpose.

That they are.
    It's a pretty fine art finding the right blend between BustN, ShoulderN, and ShoulderJ and getting it to look natural.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #17683 on: January 09, 2015, 10:37:42 PM »

Keepin' it relevant

I usually set the shoulder to be all Shoulder J and change the crest of the shoulder bump to 0.25 of Shoulder N. For most characters I only combine "Bust" when dealing with the rotation of the back shoulder blades. Leaving it as 1.00 Bust looks...odd.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17684 on: January 09, 2015, 11:17:44 PM »

lol im good at shoulders.. need any pics on how shoulders should be rigged?

I need to know what I'm doing wrong, like, I haven't the foggiest idea what the hell I'm doing wrong with rigging ShoulderN, ShoulderJ, I might even need a tutorial. Maybe I've just gotten really bad at rigging, I don't know, it's baffling to me for some reason... :/

Pages:  1 ... 1176 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 1182 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: