Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4668977 times)
Iwvi
Cronic Procrastinator
Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6450 on: November 14, 2012, 07:03:12 PM »

Yep that's pretty much how I rigg everything, I think DemonBoy as well was one of the importers who did not use the blend tool and was good at rigging anyway.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6451 on: November 14, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »

yep. i usually use the plus button next to set weight since it goes up by 0.05 each time.

what i do is select all the vertices from the shoulder down to the hand, rig them all to just the shoulder bone, rotate it down a little, then select the top half of the next ring of vertices on the shoulder and rigg it to the arm a reasonable amount and to that to the next set and so on

Okay, I'll give that a shot.

This is what happens (I customized some of Falco's animations, so it's not his normal CatchWait pose)

Do the vertices on the edge (where the shoulder meets the BustN) get blended to BustN?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:11:24 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6452 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »

What shoulder bone is rotated in that animation?

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6453 on: November 14, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »

What shoulder bone is rotated in that animation?

Shoulder J, and since I can't rig ShoulderN worth crap, I skip it, but I bet anything I just shot myself for doing that. I probably resized/T-posed the model like crap, so....ShoulderN is too far from the shoulderJ bone, so it would look even more effed up.

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6454 on: November 14, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »

I just got an awesome idea for a character.

I should draw a texture for a character about 3-4 times, change the character to be flat, and have the textures alternate so I end up with something a little like this

what character should I try this on first?

It looks like a holograph, maybe for an enterance of someone just poofing in that would be sick Cheesy but try it on game n watch firstl Wink hahaha jk. Samus would look kool Cheesy try her

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #6455 on: November 14, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »

Shoulder J, and since I can't rig ShoulderN worth crap, I skip it, but I bet anything I just shot myself for doing that. I probably resized/T-posed the model like crap, so....ShoulderN is too far from the shoulderJ bone, so it would look even more effed up.

That looks like the ShoulderN is rotated also. Its gonna stretch if not rigged.

Peach has thin shoulders, so thats why you didn't have this problem before.  Falco has broad shoulders, so ShoulderN movements are more noticeable.

Try blending these verts (red dots) with the ShoulderN or the ShoulderJ, your choice.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6456 on: November 14, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »

That looks like the ShoulderN is rotated also. Its gonna stretch if not rigged.

Peach has thin shoulders, so thats why you didn't have this problem before.  Falco has broad shoulders, so ShoulderN movements are more noticeable.

Try blending these verts (red dots) with the ShoulderN or the ShoulderJ, your choice.

That would explain why it's so bloody distorted, but I never actually moved the ShoulderN bone in 3DS Max, but like you said, since it wasn't rigged, it's freaking out.  Ugh, that's what I get for skipping it.  Embarrassed
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:31:37 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #6457 on: November 14, 2012, 07:30:45 PM »

Move it in 3ds max, and see what happens.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6458 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »

Move it in 3ds max, and see what happens.

It merely stretches the crap outta it, but I think the vertices are rigged to BustN and were never rigged to ShoulderN...bollocks. I knew I screwed something up.
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:35:20 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

« Reply #6459 on: November 14, 2012, 07:33:34 PM »

If it helps any. I rig the shoulderJ first, taking the shoulderN completely out of the equation. then Once i get that to a desirable amount I add the shoulderN into the rig

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #6460 on: November 14, 2012, 07:37:20 PM »

Yep that's pretty much how I rigg everything, I think DemonBoy as well was one of the importers who did not use the blend tool and was good at rigging anyway.
    i also don't use the blend tool, and my rigs are great in my oppion.....not sure about what y'all think about my rigs. Another thing that someone pointed out, not sure who, but the Brawl models also don't have perfect rigs, a lot if characters' shoulders move weird, so I usually don't think about if the movement would be realistic.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6461 on: November 14, 2012, 07:38:46 PM »

i also don't use the blend tool, and my rigs are great in my oppion.....not sure about what y'all think about my rigs. Another thing that someone pointed out, not sure who, but the Brawl models also don't have perfect rigs, a lot if characters' shoulders move weird, so I usually don't think about if the movement would be realistic.

That's the problem, the shoulders I rig never look right at all, and they always poke out in some weird fashion; that's what I'm trying to neutralize.

Cooldood
    Expert Kitten

Working on dis...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6462 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

"Muchos Creditos" to Krillin for helping me so much with my project. I can't promise anything, but Gohan will *PROBABLY* be released during the weekend. It could be anytime too...
    Preview doesn't show the fix, will show more later. Tongue

What's left
    ----------------
    Fix elastic-man arms
    Fix the scarf
    Fix the hairs
    *MAYBE* Fix fingers <--- Too lazy
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:41:16 PM by Cooldood » Logged

Getsuga...TENSHOOO

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #6463 on: November 14, 2012, 07:44:27 PM »

That's the problem, the shoulders I rig never look right at all, and they always poke out in some weird fashion; that's what I'm trying to neutralize.
    Being stubborn about a rig being realistic is one thing, stray vertex errors are another. lol That I can understand....is it where the shoulder connects with the bust that is the prob? Like is the area where the arm Bd shoulder is connected fine?

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the_randomizer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6464 on: November 14, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »

Being stubborn about a rig being realistic is one thing, stray vertex errors are another. lol That I can understand....is it where the shoulder connects with the bust that is the prob? Like is the area where the arm Bd shoulder is connected fine?

This picture should explain it better than words can do. What the bloody eff is wrong with this. I am so close to asking for outside help, but if I keep doing that with all my hacks, I'll be seen as one who refuses to learn on his own.

(Sanity threshold breached in five...four...three...two....one)

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!!!! DAMN IT ALL TO HELL![//spoiler]
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:47:08 PM by the_randomizer » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 428 429 430 [431] 432 433 434 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: