WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

the socks are an important part of luigi's design in mario&luigi games

Quote from: GBC on July 06, 2013, 05:06:02 AM
lol someones ability to model isnt based on whether or not u can move the vertices and crap around its really dependent on your ability to draw and well knowing how to properly model somthing properly. when modeling characters and organic shapes ull want to model using planes and extruding the edges until u have the right shape. this why youll need to know how to draw because youll need to know perspective,porportion, and anatomy. starting off with characters isnt probably the best way to learn how to model as u might want to start off with simple objects and things of that nature(and not use 3dsmax) but this is a brawl mod so i guess it dosent really matter but if u really wanna model somthing i suggest maya since theres less crap ud have to work with(modifiers etc.) i see alot of people here model using cubes and spheres(i used to do the same) which leads to some weird looking stufff but extruding planes is the way to go. plus ur file size wont be huge if u do it that way.

also models will never look like a drawing thats just a fact. it can resemble it but itll never look exact
FALSE. While a knowledge of drawing can certainly be helpful in the process of model making, they are two completely separate fields of expertise, and your skill in one can hardly be defined by the other.

I myself am a case in point. Two years through a college art program plus two years of prior experience gives me a solid understanding of anatomy, perspective, and proportion. And I would like to call myself at least a decent artist. Yet, in my eight or so attempts to make a model, I've always come up short. And while the two fields share common topics that could be helpful to the other, as I said, the skill level in them hardly co-relates.

pfft I haven't studied [censored] and I can draw and model well.

c'mon step it up you guys, get on mah game
I'm just kidding. The first line is true though. :L

July 06, 2013, 05:25:20 PM #10953 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:26:50 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Actually I started making a M&L version of the Bros a while back, before vertex editing was in BB. Note he wasn't finished.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Bigger belly because he's rounder, mouth is less noticeable, and then texture changes. I did sorta forget about him though. I did plan on making the socks since he was already a 3ds Max scene because that's the only way I got vertexing to work before BJ added it to BrawlBox. He was more based on the sprites than artwork, but was still going to have the artwork tied into it with things like the socks.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Young Lad on July 06, 2013, 05:24:23 PM
pfft I haven't studied [censored] and I can draw and model well.

c'mon step it up you guys, get on mah game
I'm just kidding. The first line is true though. :L

But BJ is a prodigy.


Completely new helmet model.

Good job, can't wait, I prefer your megaman than GBC's ugly one  :)

Hehe joke, but good attempt, for your first model


Quote from: Optimuskirby on July 06, 2013, 06:46:08 PM
Completely new helmet model.

So that's pretty good for a first model.

If you want some good practice though, try to do what you just did but start with mostly Geospheres instead of squares. It's good practice.

If you want to jump directly into hard mode just build from scratch using extruding. But that's a big jump. Just try the geospheres for now.


July 06, 2013, 06:59:35 PM #10958 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:03:28 PM by Optimuskirby
Quote from: Bluebreon on July 06, 2013, 06:53:36 PM
Good job, can't wait, I prefer your megaman than GBC's ugly one  :)

Hehe joke, but good attempt, for your first model
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Spex130 on July 06, 2013, 06:55:28 PM
So that's pretty good for a first model.

If you want some good practice though, try to do what you just did but start with mostly Geospheres instead of squares. It's good practice.

If you want to jump directly into hard mode just build from scratch using extruding. But that's a big jump. Just try the geospheres for now.
or i can just subdivide smooth twice on a square to get this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


anyways, new head:

just tell me when i'm done.

i know you atr trying optimus kirby but that megaman looks like it was sent trough a  blender and steped on multiple times lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 06, 2013, 07:14:37 PM #10960 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:16:32 PM by Optimuskirby
is it the eyes?
i made them shorter.
(also, blender is the program i am using, so yes, you are mostly right)
can you also tell me whats wrong so i can fix it. people who are making things usually can't tell. i know from experience. (with other things)

Optimus. Do you have plans what to do with that model?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


he looks like a minecraft version of megaman dkn if thats your intent but a square head is something i never saw before uness it was on minecraft but even for minecraft he looks abit to sharp especialy alongside the body parts and the head
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 06, 2013, 07:35:37 PM #10963 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:36:46 PM by Optimuskirby
Quote from: Segtendo on July 06, 2013, 07:30:13 PM
Optimus. Do you have plans what to do with that model?
if i do, would you want me to do them?
because i do.

Quote from: Optimuskirby on July 06, 2013, 07:35:37 PM
if i do, would you want me to do them?
because i do.
call it minecraft megaman and it will pass as good xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.