[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Albafika on May 10, 2012, 03:05:44 PM
Okay, stand by your baseless claim. At least now you aren't standing by it based on full ignorance anymore, just on ignorance.

You really think people can't execute that fast nowdays? I've seen regular Brawl fights with people never leaving the ground. Cancelling and hitstun will just make it more ridiculous.

I have nothing against this project. Knock yourselves out. I simply said it looks like MvC. Never said I hate MvC.


Happened across this on pixiv:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=26577819

And the image for those without an account:


Pretty cool, me thinks.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Oh man, that Engrish is so... ugh.

I commend their efforts, but wouldn't it be better to just have it in their native japanese language?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Deergod that looks like straight Google Translate.



May 11, 2012, 12:12:00 AM #155 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:21:20 AM by JirachiMaster
Quote from: Shun_One on May 10, 2012, 02:36:42 PMT=Tool A=Assisted S=Super-play Normally using an emulator and save-states, and slow-motion gameplay to pull off actions that are nigh impossible to do for a human during normal game-play. In other words, you've got to be pin-point accurate to pull off any of this stuff

Don't you mean T=Tool A=Assisted S=Speedrun?

Quote from: JirachiMaster on May 11, 2012, 12:12:00 AM
Don't you mean T=Tool A=Assisted S=Speedrun?
Not in the case of a fighting game video specifically to show-case some combo's that you literally have to have 1-frame accuracy to pull off. At least, that's what the Smash and Street Fighter videos defined the term as.

I am aware of the speed-run definition however.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

There's one thing I dislike about this thread: whenever someone says something negative they get flamed :L Out of everything said it seems only the pro and con list I posted waay back didn't get bashed XD

Guys, chill.. Brawl isn't a perfect game and neither is Melee or any other game. Project M will never be perfect so ofc there'll be people that dislike it (I don't dislike it, I just don't really like it :L)

Anyway: I kinda like the odd spelling and grammar, makes it seem like what Nintendo will be doing in the future when they realize translators cost money and google does it for free... Heh, Nintendo only cares about money and not gamers pun :3
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Quote from: Shun_One on May 11, 2012, 01:05:22 AMNot in the case of a fighting game video specifically to show-case some combo's that you literally have to have 1-frame accuracy to pull off. At least, that's what the Smash and Street Fighter videos defined the term as. I am aware of the speed-run definition however.

Oh, sorry... Didn't know that. o__o

Things in Project: M's codeset I hate:

1. I can't run and press A to get an item. I have to actually stop to get it now.
2. I hate that when you try to press Z-side sometimes it does work and you end up only shielding instead of dodging.
3. Lastly, I hate that you can't press anything sometimes when you get combo'd in the air. It makes it so you can't even 'comeback'. If you're up against someone who can combo well and for a while(like me) you end up getting a bunch of damage or even dying when you can't try your fullest.

#3 is my friend's problem. It'd be nice if I could remove these somehow.

Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
3. Lastly, I hate that you can't press anything sometimes when you get combo'd in the air. It makes it so you can't even 'comeback'. If you're up against someone who can combo well and for a while(like me) you end up getting a bunch of damage or even dying when you can't try your fullest.

#3 is my friend's problem. It'd be nice if I could remove these somehow.

That's easily removed, all you have to do is this.

Quote from: IsaiDon't get hit.

May 18, 2012, 09:01:32 PM #161 Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 09:02:46 PM by SDo0m InFiNiTy
Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
Things in Project: M's codeset I hate:

1. I can't run and press A to get an item. I have to actually stop to get it now.

Tbh that didn't really make sense in the first place.  How do you pick up an item whilst doing an attack?  Same applies to the air.  Not to mention it means that you have to be a little more careful if you want to get an item.  Items are very powerful if used correctly.

Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
2. I hate that when you try to press Z-side sometimes it does work and you end up only shielding instead of dodging.

Then use L/R (assuming you're using a GC controller).  They're much more natural to use anyway since they're larger and in more of a position for the index fingers.  


Quote from: SmashClash on May 18, 2012, 05:40:03 PM
3. Lastly, I hate that you can't press anything sometimes when you get combo'd in the air. It makes it so you can't even 'comeback'. If you're up against someone who can combo well and for a while(like me) you end up getting a bunch of damage or even dying when you can't try your fullest.

#3 is my friend's problem. It'd be nice if I could remove these somehow.

That's called hitstun, it only makes the game better.  Smash at its core is a fighting game.  An unorthodox one, but a fighting game nonetheless with party game elements.  As a result combos should be present.  You can't pull off combos without proper hitstun as Brawl so kindly demonstrates.  The lack of hitstun (amongst various other factors) also means matches tend to drag on for longer, as it's much easier to recover in Brawl and a match that drags because a character refuses to die because they can get out of hitstun and momentum cancel brings tedium.   Brawl is undeniably a slower paced and more defensively inclined game compared to Melee.  We're trying to make it more offensive again.  

Alternatively, you're friend can just learn to DI and crouch cancel.  There are ways good players can try to evade combos.  You're never completely helpless in Smash.  It just takes skill and good judgement.


Quote from: Alses on May 11, 2012, 02:14:15 AM
There's one thing I dislike about this thread: whenever someone says something negative they get flamed :L Out of everything said it seems only the pro and con list I posted waay back didn't get bashed XD

Guys, chill.. Brawl isn't a perfect game and neither is Melee or any other game. Project M will never be perfect so ofc there'll be people that dislike it (I don't dislike it, I just don't really like it :L)

Nobody is flaming anyone.  Merely refuting and enlightening.


Quote from: Haseyo on May 10, 2012, 04:58:35 PM
You really think people can't execute that fast nowdays? I've seen regular Brawl fights with people never leaving the ground. Cancelling and hitstun will just make it more ridiculous.

I have nothing against this project. Knock yourselves out. I simply said it looks like MvC. Never said I hate MvC.
Lolwow.

Quote from: SDo0m InFiNiTy on May 18, 2012, 09:01:32 PM
Tbh that didn't really make sense in the first place.  How do you pick up an item whilst doing an attack?  Same applies to the air.  Not to mention it means that you have to be a little more careful if you want to get an item.  Items are very powerful if used correctly.

Then use L/R (assuming you're using a GC controller).  They're much more natural to use anyway since they're larger and in more of a position for the index fingers.  


That's called hitstun, it only makes the game better.  Smash at its core is a fighting game.  An unorthodox one, but a fighting game nonetheless with party game elements.  As a result combos should be present.  You can't pull off combos without proper hitstun as Brawl so kindly demonstrates.  The lack of hitstun (amongst various other factors) also means matches tend to drag on for longer, as it's much easier to recover in Brawl and a match that drags because a character refuses to die because they can get out of hitstun and momentum cancel brings tedium.   Brawl is undeniably a slower paced and more defensively inclined game compared to Melee.  We're trying to make it more offensive again.  

Alternatively, you're friend can just learn to DI and crouch cancel.  There are ways good players can try to evade combos.  You're never completely helpless in Smash.  It just takes skill and good judgement.
@1-In vBrawl I was able to run then press A and get an item (doing 'DashAttack'). I've noticed in Project: M you can't do this. You just go right past it.

@2-I'm talking about using a Nunchuk and Wii Remote. If I were to use a GC Controller I never press Z to shield or dodge(I use Z for grabbing obv).

@3-Well, that is his problem. I never really have that problem cuz I know how to handle things. I could just let him read what you type for #3. I forgot about hitstun now that I think about it.

-----------------------
Thanks for replying SDo0m.
Thoughts about #2's Nunchuk w/ Wii Remote use?
Before it usually would always work in vBrawl but in P:M. It doesn't apply.