Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28
Author Topic: Let's look into Module Fíles (.rel) - Defensive Collision is now!  (Read 168797 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #300 on: January 14, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »

saw your edit PW, do you think that 2 characters need to share the same Module? otherwise it looks like only needing the [3][15] plus some tweeks in the slot.dat
    would anyone happen to have a link to the module editor 2? i've looked pretty much everywhere Dx

you havent looked hard enough: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8xmy4jjdom21a6/Module+Editor+2.2.zip

Stupid Tinypic :C

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #301 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »

PW can you please give me the meta knight plug play rel?   Oh shi~

Eternal Yoshi posted a link to it in this thread, but people are reporting that it sometimes crashes at the results screen, so use it with caution.

saw your edit PW, do you think that 2 characters need to share the same Module? otherwise it looks like only needing the [3][15] plus some tweeks in the slot.dat

I don't believe two characters actually require to be in the same module to be able to transform. If you rename the module reference for someone like Sheik to some other name besides ft_zelda.rel, the game will try to load up that module alongside ft_zelda.rel when you select Zelda from the CSS. This implies that the fact that the two characters are run by the same module is coincidental and isn't necessary for them to run.

All interaction with character modules are mainly done through the ftClassInfo objects which are created and stored in a table regardless of where they come from. I think the fact that both ftClassInfo<ftZelda> and ftClassInfo<ftSheik> come from the same module is irrelevant.

On the other hand, there  is significant overhead in loading two separate modules into a single fighter's module resource pool. If the two modules are too large, the game will likely run out of memory for them and crash.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:05:59 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #302 on: January 14, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »

so basically, renaming the module reference for shiek to example ft_plastpase.rel, it will try to load both ft_zelda.rel and ft_plastpase.rel on the CSS!

it makes me thinking, what if we change CSS's Zeldaslot to load to 2 already existing modules instead for fl_zelda and ft_sheik + thats not big + that is BrawlEx together with the edited [3][15] + the PSA command somewhere in the FitFighter.pac, it will actually work if you are correct!

I am already on the case!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #303 on: January 14, 2014, 02:41:45 PM »

so basically, renaming the module reference for shiek to example ft_plastpase.rel, it will try to load both ft_zelda.rel and ft_plastpase.rel on the CSS!

it makes me thinking, what if we change CSS's Zeldaslot to load to 2 already existing modules instead for fl_zelda and ft_sheik + thats not big + that is BrawlEx together with the edited [3][15] + the PSA command somewhere in the FitFighter.pac, it will actually work if you are correct!

I am already on the case!

thanks for the link pikazz, google why you fail me lol >.>

anyways, you can actually get the game to load a second module by setting the edit level in the slot config to 2 and specifying 1st and 2nd character to load.

then editing the module like PW said should allow the switch. though there may be more things that need to be done, since actually trying to play after it loads both modules give an error in dolphin. though that may have been because the size of the modules

E-scope12
    Extreme Kitten

Turnabout Storm

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #304 on: January 15, 2014, 04:45:39 AM »

I don't think there is any similarity to the VIS0 files and stage modules. For that matter, modules in general are considerably different from most other resource files. This is partially why BrawlBox had so much trouble supporting them.

On another note, if anyone's interested in looking further into transforming characters, all I really know is that all transforming characters (except for the Pokèmon trio) can transform on demand using the PSA command 0C050000 (tagged by PSA as "Terminate Instance"). The code for 0C05 references assembly inside the character's module itself, so this command does not work for regular characters. However, if anyone's interested, the assembly code behind the 0C05 command can be found using the Module Editor 2 inside ft<fighter>.Method[3][15]

The code is nearly identical for all transforming characters and exclusively references methods and addresses in sora_melee. So I don't think porting it to other characters should be too difficult. On the other hand, I couldn't find anything determining which character they transformed into - it's possible that that kind of configuration could be located elsewhere or be determined by their Slot configuration.
    I see. I was wondering because I notice Some of the buildings disappear when you're fighting in some areas of Delfino Plaza.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:56:10 AM by Albafika » Logged

E-scope

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]
    [/url]

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #305 on: January 15, 2014, 05:49:32 AM »

I think it will work if we use 2 modules that has the least size will work! I know if we using both Marth + Jigglypuff modules, it will have less space than Lucas module!

also, I believe your therody PW, but I have a therody what they can link to in the Sora_melee!

the transformation setup with grapfics! I tested put the transformation command on Samus's Second jab. as soon it hit the command, her Transformation grapfic appeared straight away! so my guess is that it happens for everyone!

also, I know that every transforming character has a delay on transforming because the disc loads the things it need, excluding one chaaracter and that's bowser! he transform to giga bowser before you can even blick! how does that work? that he loads everything already from the beginning?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #306 on: January 15, 2014, 06:05:20 AM »

giga bowser is being loaded when bowser is growing through his animation i suppose...
    just like warioman and zss are probably being loaded during the transformation animation...

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #307 on: January 15, 2014, 07:05:04 AM »

what i'd like to know is how to make models use a single CLR0 file (besides the Dark CLR0) inside characters fitmotion files.. would u happen to know anything about that PW?

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #308 on: January 15, 2014, 07:37:38 AM »

Hey PW! I hope you are proud of me!

I made that instead for Samus it loads Jigglypuff and instead for Zero Suit Samus it loads Marth! and Suprise! it can load both modules!
    if you just select "Samus", it will load Jigglypuff at the SSS, but if you hold on "R", it will load Marth instead on SSS (you can see it by the icon!)

everything is working perfectly, every attacks and final smashes and stuff

well... except the transforming part :/ the attack I put it on will not activate, no freeze or something!

but I believe it is something I missed cause I gave both the module the [3][15] part (the Samus part to jigglypuff and the ZSS part to Marth)
    like that nasty calling offsets that was inside the [3][1] to load the [3][16] when I ported the special grabs!

will also try to put those over Zelda and Sheik if it would make any diffirent!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #309 on: January 15, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »

if you just select "Samus", it will load Jigglypuff at the SSS, but if you hold on "R", it will load Marth instead on SSS (you can see it by the icon!)

That's an idea i was actually gonna experiment with, glad you got it to work for the most part

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #310 on: January 15, 2014, 01:01:20 PM »

Samus loads Jiggs?
    What a wierd thing. XP

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #311 on: January 15, 2014, 10:43:33 PM »

Hey PW! I hope you are proud of me!

I made that instead for Samus it loads Jigglypuff and instead for Zero Suit Samus it loads Marth! and Suprise! it can load both modules!

everything is working perfectly, every attacks and final smashes and stuff

well... except the transforming part :/ the attack I put it on will not activate, no freeze or something!

but I believe it is something I missed cause I gave both the module the [3][15] part (the Samus part to jigglypuff and the ZSS part to Marth)
    like that nasty calling offsets that was inside the [3][1] to load the [3][16] when I ported the special grabs!

will also try to put those over Zelda and Sheik if it would make any diffirent!

Nicely done Pikazz.

It seems you hit the nail on the head. Method[2][2] is responsible for calling Method[3][15], but for characters that don't have a Method[3][15] by default, it uses a regular generic implementation. If you update the instruction in Method[2][2] to jump to your new function it should work I think.

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #312 on: January 16, 2014, 08:35:08 AM »

and it works almost perfect!
    Lets the Swap begin! [beta]

as you can see in the video, I used a modified Jigglypuff and Marth Modules to make them able to switch between eachother! as you see in the end of the video, they switch but they dont appear on the stage :/
    thats the only thing missing! and i think I know whats cause the error!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #313 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »

dont they need actions to reapear on the stage like smaus/zss,zelda sheik and the likes?

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #314 on: January 16, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »

Le done~
    Let the Swap begin! [Advanced Brawl Hack]

100% working, yet 2 glitches! one major and minor D: really need to fix the major glitch!

the solution was inside <fighter>.Method[17][26]. however I dont know how to fix the "transport to middle" :/ believe it gets like that when they switch the Module file!
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:02:46 PM by pikazz » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 28
    Print
    Jump to: