Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 696956 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #270 on: September 23, 2012, 08:35:59 AM »

He's right... you're animations have gotten better. But...

1: You should improve that dash. It looks more like a run, that just stops suddenly. Needs more 'start up' I guess...

2: Is that Mario's Up tilt? If you made that on your own, good job.

3: They still are a bit stiff but VERY good. I may actually get that. And I'm very picky about the PSA's that I get since I tend to go for the ones I'm going to keep indefinitely.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #271 on: September 23, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »

He's right... you're animations have gotten better. But...

1: You should improve that dash. It looks more like a run, that just stops suddenly. Needs more 'start up' I guess...

2: Is that Mario's Up tilt? If you made that on your own, good job.

3: They still are a bit stiff but VERY good. I may actually get that. And I'm very picky about the PSA's that I get since I tend to go for the ones I'm going to keep indefinitely.
    thanks, but Blase did many animations aswell

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #272 on: September 23, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »

Congratulations all around then. Knuckles looks fun.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #273 on: September 24, 2012, 01:39:02 AM »

Just fooling around with PSA and stuff. I haven't been doing anything lately because I've been helping others with PSA work.

Oh no! I'm inexplicably inflating again!

And if you're wondering about Soldier, I passed his rig onto Pervy to finish up and add on his nice mouth rigging. I'm still developing his moveset though.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2012, 09:02:15 AM »

^Blonic! Awesome Face

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Vaild Address
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #275 on: September 24, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »

Blonic PSA anyone?

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #276 on: September 24, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »

What the.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »

What the.
    BLONIC

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Vaild Address
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #278 on: September 24, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »

sonic fan characters on the vault in a nutshell.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #279 on: September 24, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »

The only thing that bothers me about some of the animations is the lack of dynamics. The F-Smash in particular is a good example. I realize it's based off his Sonic Battle animation, but it doesn't mean it can't be improved. The Down Smash could use more dynamics with torso movement too...

Another nice touch would be to make his Run animation like the one from the classic games or Sonic Battle. With his arms to his sides instead of behind him. Unless of course you're decidedly using his Adventure series run animation, in which case, I understand.

To me, the Wait1 animation seems a bit weird with the way it moves. I think that could be improved somehow.

The throw on the neutral special is nice, but despite Knuckle's strength. I think it would be nice if he was shown putting more effort into picking up the boulder. The digging animation could be faster and more dynamic, and could have rocks flying out from where he's digging. I personally think the aerial version of the move could use wind effects instead of fire too.

The taunt where he smacks his fists together could have more a "snapping" action to it. Make it more sharp.

All the Sonic characters seem to have the same or similar Neutral Air when PSA'd, it would be nice if this trend was broken, I think. Maybe an aerial adaption of his Megaton Hook from Sonic Battle where his spins around with his fist? The Forward Air I think could be more dynamic as well.

However. It looks like it's coming along pretty well. I'd like to see where this goes.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

« Reply #280 on: September 24, 2012, 02:36:58 PM »

The only thing that bothers me about some of the animations is the lack of dynamics. The F-Smash in particular is a good example. I realize it's based off his Sonic Battle animation, but it doesn't mean it can't be improved. The Down Smash could use more dynamics with torso movement too...

Another nice touch would be to make his Run animation like the one from the classic games or Sonic Battle. With his arms to his sides instead of behind him. Unless of course you're decidedly using his Adventure series run animation, in which case, I understand.

To me, the Wait1 animation seems a bit weird with the way it moves. I think that could be improved somehow.

The throw on the neutral special is nice, but despite Knuckle's strength. I think it would be nice if he was shown putting more effort into picking up the boulder. The digging animation could be faster and more dynamic, and could have rocks flying out from where he's digging. I personally think the aerial version of the move could use wind effects instead of fire too.

The taunt where he smacks his fists together could have more a "snapping" action to it. Make it more sharp.

All the Sonic characters seem to have the same or similar Neutral Air when PSA'd, it would be nice if this trend was broken, I think. Maybe an aerial adaption of his Megaton Hook from Sonic Battle where his spins around with his fist? The Forward Air I think could be more dynamic as well.

However. It looks like it's coming along pretty well. I'd like to see where this goes.
    ok, thanks hypeing for you texture of knuckles :p

Ganon-Punch
    Extreme Kitten

I need help on rigging models in Blender

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #281 on: September 26, 2012, 01:59:54 PM »

I'm making a PSA, its in very early beta right now though, so I'm not gonna put anything of it. The Beta Version will be up this weekend though

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #282 on: October 01, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »

Developed a way to make a character shape shift  Happy Face should I make a tutorial?

How to:
    Things you will need:
    -A character with an article (in either their model file (fitblank00.pac/pcs) or their motionetc)
    -The model imported over the character bones for regular and transformed (aka they both have to be on the same bones) (BUT THEY'RE TWO DIFFERENT MODELS)

Steps:
    1-replace the article model file with the model that you want your character to transform into.
    2-Make animations for the regular character, lets say you want him to transform at frame 4 then at frame 4 (make sure you have Vis0 synced) disable all the characters polygons until lets say frame 16.
    3-Import the original animation to the article under animation0 or whichever one you want, make sure the transN bone is scaled to 0 on all axis's at frame 1-3 and then at frame 4 scale the TransN back to 1 and set it to 1 at frame 16 as well but at frame 17 it should be scaled back down to 0.
    4-In PSA make sure you call up the article at the beginning of the move and that you delete it at frame 17, (also make sure you spawn in to use the first animation which is in animation[0].brres
    5-Test it
    Sorry its just a quick explanation but essentially you're using 2 different models with the same bones and animation and playing one over the other when the other is invisible.  Since their bones are parallel you can attach hitboxes to the main character and it should line up with the other models.

Note: This is how I'm making War briefly transform into his Chaos Form in his upcoming PSA, it's a technique I'm experimenting with and will update later as I perfect it.
    -Omni
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:29:33 AM by Omniscient X » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #283 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:54 AM »

>_>;

thats a neat trick... I could use that.

jrush64
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Starstormer Renowned Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #284 on: October 01, 2012, 01:42:26 AM »

@Omniscient X, Dude I think you've pretty much helped me with my Ichigo Kurosaki PSA. I want him to be able to transform from Shikai to Bankai as a Final Smash. Thanks alot.

Pages:  1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: