Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 137
Author Topic: WIP PSA Workshop  (Read 696966 times)
Keromonkey
Hyper Kitten

Working on Indie Game: Q'Redux (on Steam)

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #855 on: August 19, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »

@Omnio: That Anubis PSA looks pretty sweet. I love magician-types so when your all set with that I def. wanna give it a try =)

@Tabuu: Yeah, good job with the animations. That knee attack is looking pretty dynamic. He'll be one monster to fight when your through with him, lol.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #856 on: August 19, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »

@Tabuu: Yeah, good job with the animations. That knee attack is looking pretty dynamic. He'll be one monster to fight when your through with him, lol.

Heh, receiving feedback is what makes me WANT to keep PSAing. Thanks. <3 I'm trying to make ALL my animations that dynamic and intersting.

Omniscient X
    Extreme Kitten

Who needs motivation

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #857 on: August 19, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

@Omnio: That Anubis PSA looks pretty sweet. I love magician-types so when your all set with that I def. wanna give it a try =)
    Thanks I think it will have a better aesthetic feel when the model is all rigged up, and he's actually built to be more of a bruiser in melee combat with agility and damage racking.  However, I have given him a fair share of "mage-like" abilities that allow you to back up and fight from afar!  I'll add you to the beta tester list lol
    -Omni

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Renowned Hacker Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #858 on: August 19, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »

Heh, thanks. Grin I'm glad you like. Smiley I just hope people will actually try this PSA when I release it. I put it more heart, soul, time and effort that I did with Tabuu himself. To be honest, I kinda rushed Tabuu's last few animations so I could get him out. Now that I look back I'm a bit ashamed and embarrassed that I sacrificed quality like that. D: I won't make the same mistake with King Cold.

Who's King Cold gonna be over? Ganon is my first guest.

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #859 on: August 19, 2013, 11:17:43 PM »

Who's King Cold gonna be over? Ganon is my first guest.

Your first guess is the right one. Wink I'm hoping to make this even better and more epic than my (now crappy) Tabuu. XD

Keromonkey
    Hyper Kitten

Working on Indie Game: Q'Redux (on Steam)

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #860 on: August 20, 2013, 10:15:24 PM »

Thanks I think it will have a better aesthetic feel when the model is all rigged up, and he's actually built to be more of a bruiser in melee combat with agility and damage racking.  However, I have given him a fair share of "mage-like" abilities that allow you to back up and fight from afar!  I'll add you to the beta tester list lol
    -Omni

Cool, I appreciate it

@Tabuu: Anytime, I'd like to see King cold as well. I wonder if Anyone's imported frieza yet, he probably wouldn't be too hard to make a PSA for (just power and a few death balls and beams, lol). Also, Tabuu wasn't crappy. It was EPIC getting to play with the main boss of Smash bros and not have it glitch the F--- out like the semi-rigged version of Amaterasu over Ivysaur Cry Cry, I would like to see it updated (to be able to stand up against some of my PSAs without being SUPER overpowered -like dark pikachu *shiver), but it was good! Like I said, I learned alot by dissecting your Tabuu PSA. It was invaluable.

Edit: BTW so I don't double post, I thought that it might be a good thing to mention.
    In my personal categorization system, I consider that there are 4 tiers of character power levels in modded brawl.
    Balanced- vanilla mario
    Heroic-  
    Epic -
    God - 1 hit KOs

Explaining the tiers
    I explained the tiers to him. They were Balanced, Heroic, Epic, and God. Think of it like a continuum with four discrete/separate segments. On the far left- in red- is balanced, and on the far right- in bright bluish-white- is god tier.
       Balanced was what the original super smash brothers roster was composed of, they were characterized by balance. With skilled playing, each character should have roughly an equal chance to defeat each other character and that is what most games strive to achieve.  
       Heroic was stronger than balanced, this was the level that I preferred. These characters had a series of moves that would out-power any balanced character a good portion of the time (at most) or some of the time (at least). These characters used powers that may go a great deal further than most regular characters attacks (Goku’s Kamehameha or a teleport move that takes you all the way across the stage in an instant, the ability to fly very fast or to summon medium-sized meteors that deal a good deal of damage but do no kill everything on screen in one or three hits, etc.). However, heroic tier characters could still be defeated by a skilled player using a balanced character. Phoenix and Terra are heroic character move sets that I have created. They can be royal b****** to fight but with some skill and hard work I can beat both of them with Lucas, who was previously one of my best characters in balanced brawl.
       Epic is the next tier up. If I were to place characters at each of the tiers I would say that Ichigo from Bleach while using his Bankai indefinitely would be on the Epic tier and so would goku or vegeta while in Super Saiyan mode (SSJ2 or SSJ3?). This stage is characterized by attacks that could kill a balanced character in one or two strikes. A ‘Hollofied Ichigo’ moveset that I once used had a Side B attack that fired a sero blast that covered the entire screen horizontally and sent anyone hit by it off the stage. It could even be used in the air (iirc) and was very powerful. Additionally, he had infinite jumps. The sero blast was an epic-level move. If a character has only one epic level move then, whether or not that character is considered epic depends on how they balance with other heroic-level characters. If that epic character makes short work of a heroic character when the players that are using each of those characters are near-equally skilled then that one move may bump up that character to the low end of epic. This is worth keeping in mind for future reference and video game balancing.
       The highest tier is God level. These moves are just ridiculous. I personally feel that unless all the characters in the game are god level (or can be bumped up thusly, even if only temporarily), then none of them should be. It’s just a ridiculous level of power. These characters have moves that blast the entire screen in single strikes, repeatedly stun enemies without giving them a chance to move/block/respond or defend themselves adequately- no matter how skilled the player is-, pierce invincibility or make a character indefinitely invincible but still able to hit an opponent. In a word: unfair. An example of this would be Dark Pikachu. His Neutral B button summons a blast of darkness a good 50 feet away that should be reserved for a final smashes only. It immediately stuns and blasts the entire screen, all parts of it including where dark Pikachu stands. Anyone hit by this attack immediately gets thrown off of the screen by the force of an atomic explosion. HIGHLY unnecessary.
       Zelda is balanced, Terra/Phoenix is heroic, Hollified Ichigo/Dark Samus Prime is epic, Dark Pikachu is god.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:21:58 AM by Keromonkey » Logged

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #861 on: August 20, 2013, 10:42:50 PM »

Your first guess is the right one. Wink I'm hoping to make this even better and more epic than my (now crappy) Tabuu. XD

Cool. Smiley

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #862 on: August 21, 2013, 06:01:14 AM »

@Tabuu: Anytime, I'd like to see King cold as well. I wonder if Anyone's imported frieza yet, he probably wouldn't be too hard to make a PSA for (just power and a few death balls and beams, lol). Also, Tabuu wasn't crappy. It was EPIC getting to play with the main boss of Smash bros and not have it glitch the F--- out like the semi-rigged version of Amaterasu over Ivysaur Cry Cry, I would like to see it updated (to be able to stand up against some of my PSAs without being SUPER overpowered -like dark pikachu *shiver), but it was good! Like I said, I learned alot by dissecting your Tabuu PSA. It was invaluable.

D'aw, thanks man. I really appreciate that. And yeah, someone did import Frieza, over Lucario. I also have another version over Fox for a ported PSA over Ike I'm supposed to be working on. But I just have no motivation. lol. King Cold is a totally different story. XD

Anyway, sometime I'm gonna need beta testers and a video for Cold for when I release his beta. Any takers?

Pervyman Trigger
    The Perverted Protagonist
    Special Access

HO HEY

• Awards B Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Cookie Clicker!?

« Reply #863 on: August 21, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »

Well you know what they say
    The more attacks the better Couldn't think of anything witty

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #864 on: August 21, 2013, 03:40:26 PM »

..Wow... That animation is so smooth, excluding the gif effect.  There's no way you did that in Brawlbox.  I'm guessing you used the 3ds max animation converter thing and baked an IK rigged animation? 

Pervyman Trigger
    Special Access

HO HEY

« Reply #865 on: August 21, 2013, 03:44:10 PM »

All in brawlbox lad. Never could figure out the animation converter >.>

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

« Reply #866 on: August 21, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »

really well done

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

SwingSet
    Holy Kitten

taunt

• Awards Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker Fiery Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #867 on: August 21, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »

I'd lie if I say this isn't impressive. Everything you do is impressive, Pervy. Im srs here

BraveDragonWolf
    Supreme Kitten

People hate me...

« Reply #868 on: August 21, 2013, 09:02:35 PM »

Very impressive animation.
    How long it take you to make animations like these?

Pervyman Trigger
    Special Access

HO HEY

« Reply #869 on: August 21, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »

Well thanks everyone. Glad to know the hard work is paying off
    Very impressive animation.
    How long it take you to make animations like these?

This string took me about three in a half-four days. Cant remember, I did the first punch a month ago and didn't finish it till now. I could do it much faster but, ya know, brawlbox dosen't use ik handels so i gotta position the feet on every [censored]ing frame

Pages:  1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 137
    Print
    Jump to: