A Bloody Canadian's PSA Thread - Shinda Remake

Started by ABloodyCanadian, December 12, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'm at an attempt to get back to Brawl Modding!

Yay!
Boo!
Who are you?
If you make a topic like this, people will start tryin' to make some FS just like you... Even maybe other attacks... if it works.

Maybe I should try this when I have the time...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

April 21, 2013, 01:51:21 PM #301 Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:48:43 AM by A Bloody Canadian
I already have one... Yet, I'm still the only one doing these...

Post Merge: April 22, 2013, 05:48:43 AM

I felt the need to update the Final Smash... lol...

SSBB Hacks - Gunslinger Samus' New Final Smash UPDATED (WIP)

Minor changes to the previous video, and I also show off the Aerial Final Smash.

Why doesn't the aerial version work the same way? It did in the previous FS. Why the change here?

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on April 21, 2013, 12:13:18 AM
For some reason, there's something that's preventing her from doing the rest of the Final Smash when the 1st explosion hits in the Air... What I'll most likely do is make her throw the grenade, and have it do as much damage and knockback as it would if used on the ground. I'll give it a different animation too.

No, what I meant was, do you know WHY that happens in this case and not with the previous one?

Also, are you gonna fix that stupid stretchy hair glitch with SF Zelda's Side Special ever? I also left a really long post of possible fixes. Did you read it?

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

I read it, I know what you mean. I haven't started on it yet.

And to answer your question, The old Final Smash uses 1 Animation. I placed a variable there so that when it reaches that point, and the hitbox does not connect, the move will cancel automatically. Which isn't very smooth. This new one uses 2 Animations. 1 For when it misses, and another for when it hits.

The new animations look awesome. The only change I would suggest is that her hair stays up too long at the end of the ground FS- it kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it. It's a great effect for the explosion, but it shouldn't stay stiff for so long. Maybe it could swing around her head rather than just standing up and falling down again?

Also, in regards to jrush's suggestion about making a tutorial, I know that I'd want to PSA camera effects like those. I'm trying to do one for the FS of a PSA I've almost completed, but learning the camera controls in PSA is intimidating and I can't seem to get started. I'd love to see a tutorial to make the whole thing less alien to me.
Now available in blue.

Quote from: A Bloody Canadian on April 21, 2013, 01:51:21 PM
I already have one... Yet, I'm still the only one doing these...

I meant a tutorial...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Too much hitlag on the gunshots in that FS. And in the second section (where she's in the air shooting at the enemy), she's aiming just a little bit too high towards the end, and it looks sort of off. Also, I second that comment on her hair staying elevated for too long.

Still looks pretty cool, though.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

April 23, 2013, 07:50:36 PM #309 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:26:27 AM by A Bloody Canadian
Quote from: Azure_Shadow on April 23, 2013, 03:24:21 PM
The new animations look awesome. The only change I would suggest is that her hair stays up too long at the end of the ground FS- it kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it. It's a great effect for the explosion, but it shouldn't stay stiff for so long. Maybe it could swing around her head rather than just standing up and falling down again?

Also, in regards to jrush's suggestion about making a tutorial, I know that I'd want to PSA camera effects like those. I'm trying to do one for the FS of a PSA I've almost completed, but learning the camera controls in PSA is intimidating and I can't seem to get started. I'd love to see a tutorial to make the whole thing less alien to me.

I know what you mean. I used an aesthetic wind effect for the hair, and I can't seem to figure out how it works... Too many undefined parameters...

As for the tutorial, look here... You're welcome! :)


Cool! I have to look more closely at this! :)

Thanks!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Look here for the details, but I'm considering Phoenix Wright as a PSA Project...

Hey, ABC. Ever tried Fighter Common #22 as the sound effect for GSS's Machine Gun? I was just messing around on the sound test and thought it sounded pretty good. I'd keep the current SFX for the Pistol, however.

Also, Phoenix Wright! I hope that works out.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
"We're the Mythbusters, we blow **** up." -- Adam Savage

"No, the solution is not to make a gatling gun out of bazookas."

April 25, 2013, 03:12:36 PM #314 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:44:49 AM by A Bloody Canadian
I'll try it when I can.

About Phoenix Wright, because I have other projects I should be working on, I'm willing to make this a Collab Project. Anyone interested should talk to me.

Post Merge: April 26, 2013, 03:44:49 AM

SSBB Hacks - Who's got Stage Fright?

Just felt like showing this off... really shows what you can do with Shinda's new Down Special Alterations...