Stage Workshop

Started by LegacyWolf, February 02, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 07, 2013, 02:50:12 PM
Finishing with the SM64 Bowser stages:

[SSBB hack] - All SM64 Bowser stages (smaller, tilting and looped)
Looking good! Only recommendation I have right now is changing the overall looping time of the animation. Stage animations are designed in such a way that a complete loop of the stage matches up with one of the common match time limits (usually 2, sometimes 3, occasionally 5 for complex ones). It seems like 3 minutes would be a good time frame to shoot for, and if you do, be sure to keep in mind how a 2-minute match would play.
Click for my stuff:


February 07, 2013, 09:56:45 PM #47 Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:13:43 AM by Legacy
Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on February 07, 2013, 02:50:12 PM
Finishing with the SM64 Bowser stages:

[SSBB hack] - All SM64 Bowser stages (smaller, tilting and looped)


Almost done! Sure wish I could use that.

Saved me again, Albafika. Thanks.

Quote from: joke. on February 07, 2013, 03:44:32 PM
may i suggest adding some grassy texture to the borders of the "walls", like, the cut between grass and stone is kinda bugging my eyes... other than that it looks great, but a comparisson with the older version would be even better for the eyes i guess :P

I might do this. Then again, I might not. ;)

*re-reads*

Oh...well:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


February 10, 2013, 04:15:25 AM #50 Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:13:11 AM by Legacy
Quote from: joking on February 10, 2013, 12:14:39 AM
noice noice

It's better now.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Edit: New Namek preview!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

the left background island has glitching textures...

Quote from: Legacy on February 10, 2013, 04:15:25 AM
It's better now.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


If only there was the bouldergeist in the background


Thanks again to all of DinnerSonic's hard work, I now have a working test version of the stage that features the main gimmick of the stage. It also reveals the theme of the stage, the Weapons Factory from SMRPG!

Weapons Factory Proto V3(Super Smash Bros Brawl stage layout test)
Weapons Factory Play-Test Release Version 3
http://www.mediafire.com/?2gfmhoz6pla36a3

The reason I'm posting it here in the Stage Workshop is because I need help from everyone. No, I don't need anyone to import it or animate it. I just need people's feedback on the layout of the stage. Are the platforms too high? Are the platforms wide enough? Does the stage move fast enough? Does the stage move too slow? Even though I don't use hacks at all, I want this stage to be as good as possible for the people who do.

(Full information here.)
Click for my stuff:


i like how the stage builds itself, very neat idea, i'd make it a bit quicker though, i waited a lot to finally see the full stage, and the loop is epic, i really like it a LOT congratulations on such a great concept

I purposefully gave a large amount of time for the conveyor belt sections to be played on, as there will be more gimmicks that go along with them. (I won't spoil what it is directly, but just think about the setting.)
Click for my stuff:


i mean the time it takes to get together, the time between the full stage and the reset, i find it really good

Hmmm... the gap before the first set of belts come in does seem a tad long. I plan on having pieces in the background will also be added on as well, so hopefully that should help with the perceived pace of construction.

As far as the background goes, I tried to make it close to how it is in SMRPG. Either way, it's only a temporary background.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! I think you're probably the first person here to actually test it.
Click for my stuff:


ima be honest, havent tested, it, but since you've posted a video, i thought i'd give some feedback based on that, and i haven't tested it because i have no access to brawl atm