Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1588256 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1695 on: October 29, 2010, 03:32:02 AM »

Mewtwo why do you know everything about stages?

I have a feeling you secretely wok for Nintendo lol

Anyway, the lightning is great, keep it like that.

Also, that Giratina makes me sad, it's so small, I don't know.

I think it would look better without it there, but that's cool cause I can always remove it myself.

And another thing, is it me or are they animated cause I see Dialgia in different animations in all those pics.

They are. Only Dialga, Palkia and Darkrai are animated though. I don't usually use unanimated models, I don't like them, but the stage (the original one) was a request and it included the giratina, so I used a 3D-looking 2D image for it. And it's not small, it's just far away. The mewtwo was a later request and it's the trophy, so it's not animated either. Well, both mewtwo and giratina move a little, like floating, but nothing more. Also, in the original stage, mewtwo is included, but not triggered. There are 2 animations to switch in modeldata101. In the FD version, mewtwo's triggered by default.

BTW, this is the video I made for the original version, there you can see how they're animated:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsm9-s4hZw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsm9-s4hZw</a>

Mewtwo is one of the few who doesn't only uses what is already known, he searches for new possibilities.
    That and he is very patient, making very detailed stages, with a lot of models.

Even the best stage hackers admit Mewtwo's da bess Smiley

But if you wanna be a good stage hacker, hanging around with other stage hackers will help you gain a lot of knowledge. Then it's all up to your curiosity on experimenting and testing things, and finding the reasons for all da stuff.

That's the way I am, I like to innovate, finding new possibilities that nobody has used yet. Thinking back in my main stages, I introduced many things:

- Stage builder block based stages, with Fourside and Mushroom 64 (now many people use that technique)
     -> Note about Fourside, when I started it, there wasn't any collision editor yet. I had to edit a file by hexing, that's why the original size was too big. I couldn't resize the blocks without difficulting the process. Remember that there wasn't any overall viewer in brawlbox either, so I couldn't see how the stage was going in brawlbox, only in-game.
    - Animated characters in the background, with dead Rayquaza's Lake and HeartGold intro (now most stages feature characters or animated things)
    - Gif-like animations, with What Is Love - Mario Villains (not much people has used them though)
    - Warp system, with Mushroom 64 (the only stage with a warping system indeed)
    - Moving collisions, with Mushroom 64 and Fourside again (before me, almost nobody was using them. Now most people use animated collisions)
    - Accurate N64 and melee stage rebuilds, with Mushroom 64 and Battlefield 64 (lately there are a few more over there)
    - The Shadow system, which makes custom stages have shadows (in my opinion, it's underused. Every stage should feature shadows in the ground, at least plain opaque grounds)
    - Stage hazard profit, with Alive Rayquaza's Lake (not many people are doing this either)
    - Lighting edition (There were a few lighting edits before me, but the real concept used now was pushed by me. I'm who suggested bero including light editing in the latest brawlbox versions)
    - Fog edition (is there anybody else editing fogs anyway? O.o)
    - Moving stages, with Alternative Mario Circuit (not sure about this, I guess I was the first showing it, but other stages like the Solar System one came before I released it. Anyway, platforms projecting shadows, shadows everywhere when the models have not shadows themselves and such are details that aren't usually used by others)
    - Stage porting. I'm a master of stage porting. My stages usually work over many stages. I'm the one who figured out why a stage works over another. This is not important though, because of people always using rel files ^^U Also, I was the first who made WWR based stages compatible with FD. I guess nobody is using WWR stages anymore now ^^
    - Shadow direction (if people doesn't even use shadows, they are never changing how they are, that's only me)
    - Pause and fixed camera editing (I guess nobody but me has figured out about this. This make stages a little better too)

I may be wrong with any of these, but if I didn't introduce something, at least I was one of the first using it, or using it properly. Anyway, people are not looking for details, but for fun. So, I can make stages with dedication and detailing, but there will be other stages considered better than mine because of how they look at first view, the concept of the stage itself and other things.

I'm detailed and I can't do nothing but detail my things. And if something's wrong in a stage of mine, I will try to fix it instantly, once I know that wrong thing by reporting or something. There are some people who make a stage, with really bad bugs, and they not only do nothing to fix them, but sometimes they don't even upload a fixed version if someone makes fixes for them. And that's a shame.

I like my stages, I like making stages, and I'm never leaving behind a stage of mine. Others do u_u

BTW, I have interest on knowing what are your favourite stages between mine. I mean, I know there are better stages than mine over there, but I only want to know those that you like the most between the ones in my OP, or my vault. It's better if you post your reasons (innovative, epic, good looking, good to play on, nostalgic...)

Just to know xD
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:22:00 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #1696 on: October 29, 2010, 04:04:58 AM »

Facility/Felicity, Daytime Foursides, Hyrule Castle, Sector Z... If I were to choose 4, I think these would be it.

This is a fast post before I go to College, I can elaborate later.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1697 on: October 29, 2010, 02:09:07 PM »

I agree with br3compactor once again.

Facility is the [censored] period. I mean it was never in any Smash Bros game yet again it is now lol and you did it all yourself man, not a damn import.

Fourside, just the fact that you did it before the collision editor and the previewer was available on Brawlbox, you amaze me. It looks exactly as it did on Melee. Makes me want to go play Earthbound again.

Hyrule Castle, of course. How could I forget the classic Smash Bros 64 that should have never been taken out. Yet again it was brought back by you. I think that's when people started realizing, "oh [censored] this guy is the master of stage hacking."

SSE Jungle, the sky color change, and how you added swimmable water it's perfect man.

Fountain of Dreams is my other favorite stage by you. Damn it's not even released yet and I already love the progress lol keep up the great work Mewtwo!

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1698 on: October 29, 2010, 02:56:12 PM »

Nostalgia plays a large part in my love of your stages. I would have to say my favorite of your stages is Hyrule Castle 64. It's so perfect. It looks DEAD ON accurate.

My second favorite is Fourside. The complexity of it is awesome.

I have all your other nostalgia-based ones, but those are my favorites.

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1699 on: October 29, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »

I also consider myself an innovator to make up for my lack of artistic skills for texture editing. Of course, I'm not even a fraction of how good you are. Another thing that you did that you forgot to mention was discovering how to make matierials invisible. I used that to remove the sky from Hyrule Temple so I could use a different background, and I've seen other hacks doing that after I did. A lot of people still don't know about that, so I've been telling people how to do it for a while as an alternative for vertex editing certain pieces off characters.

My favorite stage of yours is definitely Hyrule 64, since it's a better stage for fighting than most Brawl stages. I also like your Subspace revamps, since a lot of the originals were made with flaws back when people first learned how to port them, and they ignored a lot of the problems until you eventually fixed them up. As you can tell, my primary interest is on unique but reasonable fighting areas.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1700 on: October 29, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »

I really want the foreside themed saffron city.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

junior139
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1701 on: October 30, 2010, 12:57:18 AM »

my favorite stages of urs would have to be mario kart alt all of the melee nd 64 ones and facility pretty much most of them Lol

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1702 on: November 02, 2010, 04:17:33 AM »

I'm really proud of that Hyrule 64 stage ^^

I remember when I got dissapointed because there was someone doing it already and I was thinkin that I couldn't do it anymore. Then, after saying many times that I wasn't going to make it, I found out that there were 3 different hyrule castle projects almost done, and I took that as a personal challenge. Changed my mind, I wasn't holding myself anymore even if a stage was already done by somebody else, and I made the stage in a record time, when I was in exam period, and I didn't have my wii with me. I was the first finishing the stage, I did it accurately, and I succeded with the exams I was having by those days. And when I edited the lighting to finish the stage, it turned completely perfect.

And people love it, so all that together make me really proud of it ^^U

I'm surprised Facility has been mentioned three times, vault downloads say that it's not a very popular stage at all O.o

Thanks for commenting guys ^^

PS: Well, as you can see, I'm back from my weekend vacation, stage info updates should happen today ^^U

Stage shadows tutorial

ADJSonic
    Lol Kitten

you must die!

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1703 on: November 02, 2010, 06:09:49 AM »

really mario kart alternate is my fav.

andf congratz u trully are the stage god now that LenSho left.... luck you

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.

junior139
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1704 on: November 02, 2010, 08:24:24 AM »

its great that your bak mewtwo2000 cant wait for more of ur stages

RAWRzilla
    Hyper Kitten

Texture Archivist

• Awards Renowned Hacker Starstormer Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor

« Reply #1705 on: November 02, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »

Hey Mewtwo, can you think of any stages that have a sunset kind of lighting system? I made a more accrate version of The Big Shell, which has a sunset background, like in the game, but the lighting doesnt look quite right.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1706 on: November 02, 2010, 10:13:16 AM »

My favorite stages from you:
    -Fourside: I'm still amazed at how you got a UFO in there O_o It's pretty accurate too.
    -Saffron City: It's spot, on like the original.
    -Mushroom Kingdom 64: It's amazing how you got the pipes to work.
    -Mario Kart Alternative: I've been expecting this stage for a long time and it works soooo well with MNSG's Galaxy Road texture. Good job on moving stage collisions.
    -Crisis City: I still have it over Norfair. It's such a great stage to represent Silver.
    -Battlefield 64: It's like, perfect. I've always loved that Battlefield.
    -Hyrule Castle: It's just like it came out of the game. As soon as we can figure out stage hazards, you should add the tornado back in.
    -What is Love? Mario Villians: You shocked me big time on this one. It's so awesome seeing a popular GIF as the BG of a stage.

As you can see, I'm a sucker for retro stages. I'd be cool to see you pull off Planet Zebes from Smash Bros 64.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

????
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1707 on: November 02, 2010, 05:35:23 PM »

My favorite levels from you are:

Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom N64 and Melee, Saffron City, Hyrule Castle, What is Love levels, and Facility.

Fourside was my second favorite level from Melee (first being Flat Zone) and i always loved playing on it. When i first saw your progress on it over at smash boards, i was just amazed at seeing Fourside was being brought back by you. The UFO is also pretty dang neat.

Your N64 levels, they are just plain awesome. They're so accurate that it makes me think im playing on the N64 again. Also scares me that i think as if you imported them from the original Smash Bros. (As well as the other N64 levels made by other members out there o_O).

I laughed at What is Love, i didn't think making a stage like that was even possible. Its still a good level.

I was also amazed at Facility. Seeing how you took your time building it and turning it into a Brawl stage and its accurate too. I didn't see it coming.

And lastly, besides my favorite levels of yours Mewtwo, I also fell in love in using your Custom Block method. I first did not know how to use it in the first place, and i couldn't find a tutorial. So I experimented with your Fourside (or Mushroom Kingdom N64? I dont really remember) and it helped me get it all out of my head on where to put models and paste them in a CHR file and make certain models support different names of certain sets of textures. Without the custom block method, i wouldn't have been able to make the 2D levels from the 2D fighting games i've always wanted in brawl in 3D. I'm happy you brought up the Custom Block method (seeing that its one of the things im also pretty well at doing so far Cheesy) other wise i would still probably be only a texture and music hacker.

I feel bad for myself at sometimes because i think too much of myself as a Wanna Be of you.  :'(

Edit:

I'm also looking forward to Fountain of Dreams.
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:43:33 PM by MrGameNwatch » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #1708 on: November 02, 2010, 07:50:46 PM »

Hey Mewtwo, can you think of any stages that have a sunset kind of lighting system? I made a more accrate version of The Big Shell, which has a sunset background, like in the game, but the lighting doesnt look quite right.

Bridge of Eldin is the one I can think of right now O.o

Anyway, you know you can edit your own lighting system, right? Just get the latest brawlbox and edit the B1, B2, B3 values in the lights folder, in the scenedata ^^U

@Segtendo and MrGameNwatch Thanks for your words and your time, I appreciate it ^^

Also, I'm glad my method helped you to understand how things work in brawl stages =)

And don't feel bad, please O.o

Just enjoy what you do and be proud of yourself. Anything that takes time and makes happy someone is proud to be worked on, and that's the feeling you must keep. That's what I do ^^U

BTW, new pictures of the Fourside themed Saffron:

This stage is interesting, cause it's a melee texture of a N64 stage ported to Brawl xD

It looks weird because it's just like in the SSBB64 texture pack for the N64 emulator. I've improved a little some weird things, but I'm keeping almost everything. I guess it's already finished.
    « Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:16:56 PM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

????
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1709 on: November 02, 2010, 09:03:27 PM »

And don't feel bad, please O.o

Just enjoy what you do and be proud of yourself. Anything that takes time and makes happy someone is proud to be worked on, and that's the feeling you must keep. That's what I do ^^U

Thank you. I'm feeling much better now. Cheesy

Pages:  1 ... 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: