Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 74
Author Topic: The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early  (Read 588595 times)
Xenozoa425
Extreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Smash 3 Team

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: December 31, 2013, 11:44:46 PM »

It was kind of tricky for me to find the right style for Samus at first. I didn't want to replicate how she appeared in the Prime Trilogy, but at the same time I also didn't want to make her too bright and colorful, fearing she would look terribly out of place in relation to the rest of the cast. Metroid has a very different general art style from other franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong. Even though a bright and colorful appearance worked fairly well in Melee, I think it would be weird to see her like that in a game where the amount of detail is much greater.

So I settled for a middle ground that incorporates a mix between Melee, Brawl, and Smash Wii U. I basically took her Brawl textures and details and enhanced the quality of them, while adding a combination of color, brightness, and vibrancy from Melee and Smash Wii U. I also noticed that the Brawl model has an incredibly high amount of g on the armor's spec map, so I toned those down to similarly match the level of g her armor has in the Prime games.

However, I'm still learning and experimenting with different tools and methods, and what is being shown so far is still subject to change.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #151 on: January 01, 2014, 10:23:17 AM »

A New Year, a new character!

Though the default colour hasn't been touched, the recolours have all received adjustments to better match Smash 3.

In addition, I have a small preview of what's to come in 2014!

KittehMeko
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #152 on: January 01, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »

Mr. Game & Watch really caught me by surprise since nobody said he was being made.

Keep up the good work though! I can't wait until Zelda is release

SSlayer70
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: January 01, 2014, 12:53:03 PM »

I don't really understand, what's so different about Game & Watch?

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: January 01, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »

The default hasn't changed at all. The recolours however, have had various adjustments to them. Here's a comparison:

Detailed breakdown:
    For the teams, we wanted them to be brighter to make them more identifiable. They've all undergone the same changes. Yellow was tweaked to be a more gold colour, rather than a very desaturated yellow. Light blue was actually darkened to be less obnoxious, yet still retain the light blue colour.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: January 01, 2014, 05:17:29 PM »

Dayum...

I wish I can help in this project somehow... but I'm not professional enough for it. All I can do is hype in it.

Post Merge: January 01, 2014, 05:41:55 PM
    Well I was thinking, I want to prove to myself that I can manage to make a huge step in my texturing skill... I am learning how to rim-light characters right now, no recolor project might accept rim lightning so... why not start here? I mean, if I can.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:42:37 PM by Scout » Logged

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: January 01, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »

Well I was thinking, I want to prove to myself that I can manage to make a huge step in my texturing skill... I am learning how to rim-light characters right now, no recolor project might accept rim lightning so... why not start here? I mean, if I can.
    If you'd be up for it, a rim-lighter for the project would be greatly appreciated. We've been having huge trouble getting it working right, so it's the only thing stopping us from releasing a ton of stuff. If you're feeling up to it, PM me!

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #157 on: January 01, 2014, 06:32:47 PM »

If you'd be up for it, a rim-lighter for the project would be greatly appreciated. We've been having huge trouble getting it working right, so it's the only thing stopping us from releasing a ton of stuff. If you're feeling up to it, PM me!

Very well, I had already read all the tutorials this forum has to offer in relation to rim-light... I will begin practicing tomorrow morning. Will pm you if when I dominate the rim-lighting consistently.

Thanks Smiley

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #158 on: January 01, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »

Amazing how far Taiko has come, I mean, from basic recolors and themed characters for team projects to now developing his own style of renders. Other than that, SJS was known to be pretty successful with his renders and now he's not alone. Together, Shun and Taiko built this project, and I can honestly see this going somewhere. I'm backed behind this 100%.

Akeno/Archer
    Middle Class Devil, Counter Guardian, Son of Sparda and
    Special Access

"You will not forget this Devil's power!" -Vergil

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #159 on: January 02, 2014, 02:52:33 AM »

Amazing how far Taiko has come, I mean, from basic recolors and themed characters for team projects to now developing his own style of renders. Other than that, SJS was known to be pretty successful with his renders and now he's not alone. Together, Shun and Taiko built this project, and I can honestly see this going somewhere. I'm backed behind this 100%.
    Wise man said wise words

"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
    Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
    Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #160 on: January 02, 2014, 09:01:36 AM »

Thanks guys, it's really motivating for me to see that people actually like my work. When I step back and look at my old stuff, I'm...not really happy with it, but everyone's like that. I hope to get good enough in the future that I'll have no regrets about my past work, so hopefully that's an achievable goal.

As a small gift, here's a preview of what's to come soon:

And here's a bonus:
    Should these wallpapers become a thing?

Though we've only released a couple of characters, we've got far more in development. This chart doesn't show everyone we've got work for, but it'll give you guys a bit of an idea what we have planned:

KittehMeko
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: January 02, 2014, 04:08:47 PM »

Thanks guys, it's really motivating for me to see that people actually like my work. When I step back and look at my old stuff, I'm...not really happy with it, but everyone's like that. I hope to get good enough in the future that I'll have no regrets about my past work, so hopefully that's an achievable goal.

As a small gift, here's a preview of what's to come soon:

And here's a bonus:
    Should these wallpapers become a thing?

Though we've only released a couple of characters, we've got far more in development. This chart doesn't show everyone we've got work for, but it'll give you guys a bit of an idea what we have planned:

Dat Zelda UNF

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: January 02, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »

So nice!

reilavac
    Mega Kitten

Hedgehogs ( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)