Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2847297 times)
FQuintanilla14
Extreme Kitten

あなたが好きです。本当に。

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2235 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:41 PM »

Oh you need it. unless you want to be stuck on the css and not be able to select opponents

well that stinks. :\

Interested in newcomers Rosalina & Luma? Check out my PSA for them over Olimar!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69227.0

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2236 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »

Oh you need it. unless you want to be stuck on the css and not be able to select opponents

Are you sure? I've accidentally left off the random slot before, and it never really affected anything. The coins just started on the last character instead of the random slot.
    well that stinks. :\

Can't hurt to try it.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

FQuintanilla14
    Extreme Kitten

あなたが好きです。本当に。

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2237 on: February 07, 2014, 08:52:32 PM »

Okay, I downloaded a Rosalina sound pack, now how do I make her use it?

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2238 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »

Everyone seemed to ignore my tutorial when I posted my findings about how to do the boss sfx over brawlex characters thing. Just cuz I'm a nice guy and I want people to know how to do this, I will post my tutorial again.

Original post:

Alright, I got it everyone! I figured out how to get boss sfx to be directed onto BrawlEx characters and how to find out what their soundbanks are. Here's my tutorial:
    To find out about Smash Bros. Boss's SFX in PSA and sound banks, just open the BRSAR in BrawlBox 0.71

Then go under snd, NOT SND. The lower case one. then group then go to enemy. Then you'll find the Boss's soundbank numbers. They will be in decimal form so you need to convert them to hex. Duon's is 318 which is 13E in hex. (Use the windows calculator and switch to programming mode, or if you are on XP go to scientific mode)

To find their sound clips with PSA SFX ids: Just go under snd and then go to se, then go to boss and then go to Duon(or any boss). Then to find the PSA SFX id just click on an audio number and look on the upper right box with data in it and the number at the bottom of the list with the word Misc. above it is the number you need for that SFX to call it in PSA. You of course, need to convert it to Hex for it to be called properly in the PSA program (either smashattacks or brawlbox0.67b).

In order to give the BrawlEx characters there own sfx we have to first change their soundbank to the boss soundbank we want them to use. Then go into that BrawlEx character's PSA file. Then go into every part of their PSA where they use a unique sound effect and point it to one in the boss's sound effects. You also have to figure out what sound effects from that character are going to replace what in that Boss's sound effects beforehand, so that you can link them up correctly when doing the PSA part. Also, the hackers at Project M did something that is necessary when doing this method. Since boss soundbanks don't have as many sounds as fighter characters do, for a lot of the sound effects that Roy uses, they had to change it to common sounds in brawl that matched up with Roy's. Which I guess correspond to the slashes and swipes and explosion, and fire that he does. There are a few sound effects that they put on Duon for Roy that they didn't pull from the common sfx. But there aren't that many. They used the voice clips of Roy for most of Duon's sfx and only used essential sfx that Roy needed in there. The rest is common sfx. One last thing I need to mention is that Project M was able to redirect the Crowd that cheers Roy's name when he is winning in the game to one of Duon's sounds. Where in a character's moveset file does have the line of code that determines what sfx id is called for when he is winning a match? That would be really good information to know in order for people to give BrawlEx characters their own sfx fully. ONE MORE THING! When replacing shadow's sounds for tabuu's I came upon a problem. Some of the sounds seem to repeat inifinitely so I would make sure and call the stop sound effect 0-(insert last used sound here) code in PSA and have it happen Asychronous frames=15 frames or maybe larger if the sound is longer. So that the sound effect is coded to stop.

Anyways, I hope this is very helpful and that this means people can start working on a project to get some BrawlEx characters to have their own sfx and maybe upload them on dropbox and post them? That would be nice. Like if I wanted Shadow over Sonic to have his own SFX and he uses Taboo's soundbank. I know you are saying, "Do it yourself! Don't wait for other people to do it!" I wouldn't mind doing that. However I am in college and I have all these projects that keep me busy a lot of the time. I just don't have that much time on my hands to do such a project for brawl hacks. I mean I could do a little of it each day or so. I would have to keep track of to do and what is left to do each time I work on it though. Anyway, happy hacking!!

I'd like to thank DSX8 for telling me where to find the info for the SFX PSA ids and soundbank ids.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

FQuintanilla14
    Extreme Kitten

あなたが好きです。本当に。

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2239 on: February 07, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »

thanks

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2240 on: February 07, 2014, 09:07:34 PM »

Hey Nebulon.
    Does changing the CSP's, BP's, names, etc. of your pack cause crashing?

I want to try to replace one or 2 characters.

Not at all Smiley i changed 2 characters before it was dubbed V1. Smiley however i wouldn't add in anything that i didn't put in. I left out ingame names to avoid crashes on pokemon stadium map. Go on, have a blast!

Post Merge: February 07, 2014, 09:15:13 PM
    What i mean be not adding anything in is, i would only replace what's been added if you want. Incase i wasn't clear. Smiley
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:15:13 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2241 on: February 07, 2014, 10:04:08 PM »

lookie lookie. i made another major update.

now it uses the EXACT cosmetics from your sc_selcharacter.pac automatically when displaying clones. soon it will be able to add new cosmetics slots for clones all together.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2242 on: February 07, 2014, 10:12:03 PM »

now it uses the EXACT cosmetics from your sc_selcharacter.pac automatically when displaying clones. soon it will be able to add new cosmetics slots for clones all together.

You are on a role! can't wait til this is done, this will prove to be very useful in the future.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2243 on: February 07, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »

Wow!
    Can't wait sammi.

Did anyone make a Project M Mewtwo with hovering and shadow ball fix and teleport cancelling?
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:22:12 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2244 on: February 07, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2245 on: February 07, 2014, 10:27:23 PM »

It's beautiful!  Happy Face

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2246 on: February 07, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »

basic functions are done aside from being able to edit the fighter config, CSS code, and modules Tongue

ToadKart
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2247 on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:31 PM »

Awesome job, Sammi. Looking forward to it. Smiley

Yoku
    The Patient
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat Ninja Donator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2248 on: February 07, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »

Great job Sammi! This tool will be very useful, definitely looking forward to it.
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 11:26:47 PM by Rockman » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2249 on: February 08, 2014, 04:26:15 AM »

that tool looks like it would make everything 100% easier xD

Pages:  1 ... 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: