The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ok so I am trying to create a zelda+shiek clone but according to phantomwings I have to change the edit flags with hex on both slot configs. my question is where are the edit flags

Quote from: spiritneox on August 04, 2016, 06:04:13 PM
Ok so I am trying to create a zelda+shiek clone but according to phantomwings I have to change the edit flags with hex on both slot configs. my question is where are the edit flags
It seems my thread of new brawlex info will already come in handy. Here you go, I pulled this from my thread. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1321853#msg1321853
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

ok getting zelda clones to work was easy and she works great but the sheik clones will freeze the game when loading any stage when i use the same method

Anybody have Math's cosmetic file

August 08, 2016, 08:59:09 PM #8659 Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:29:37 AM by Ebola16
Quote from: spiritneox on August 04, 2016, 11:00:55 PM
ok getting zelda clones to work was easy and she works great but the sheik clones will freeze the game when loading any stage when i use the same method
I use Sheik clones with no problem but with non-transforming movesets. I'd say use Dolphin emulator logs to find out more.

Quote from: infamous_felix on August 08, 2016, 05:09:49 PM
Anybody have Math's cosmetic file
It's in the BX Clone Engine download on the first post of this thread.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Hey do you mind sending me a couple of slots so I can figure out what I am doing wrong

August 09, 2016, 05:35:16 AM #8661 Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:11:04 AM by Ebola16
Quote from: spiritneox on August 08, 2016, 11:14:51 PM
Hey do you mind sending me a couple of slots so I can figure out what I am doing wrong
PM'd
(I'm assuming this was directed at me)
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: Ebola16 on August 08, 2016, 08:59:09 PM
I use Sheik clones with no problem but with non-transforming movesets. I'd say use Dolphin emulator logs to find out more.
It's in the BX Clone Engine download on the first post of this thread.

Thanks

August 13, 2016, 07:39:26 AM #8663 Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:43:26 PM by teh-myuutsu
It is nice to see how far the Clone Engine has progressed!

Been testing out the version of the ASL used in libertyernie's Classic Exp. Pack and it seems to work fine with my BrawlEx setup. Just wanted to forward it here since I know it's been highly anticipated by some of us: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0

Anyone know how to get transforming clones to work? I wanna use CaliKingz Little Mac over Bowser PSA but I don't know how to "summon" a transforming character when he uses his final smash. What config files do I modify?

August 24, 2016, 06:25:10 AM #8666 Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:52:50 AM by Ebola16
Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 15, 2016, 06:34:00 AM
Been testing out the version of the ASL used in libertyernie's Classic Exp. Pack and it seems to work fine with my BrawlEx setup. Just wanted to forward it here since I know it's been highly anticipated by some of us: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
YES!!! I got it working in my setup too. Thanks for sharing that link! Time to mark the AFL for stages as obsolete!
A few notes for anyone who tries to use ASRL with Brawlex:
1. The layout of the custom SSS code that accompanies the new ASRL is slightly messed up but well documented. You can use your old custom SSS code and just replace the new STGCUSTOM26-28 if you want too. Switching the association of STGCUSTOM26-28's stage cosmetics with their replaced stage is easier than making whole new stage cosmetics (and PAT0 entries...).
2. Big Blue is missing from the ASRL setup but it works fine if you add it. (Unlike Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise)
3. The DATA section of "ASRL - Stages" and "ASRL - Modules" codes are identical (except Flat Zone 2, which uses 0x47570E50 for "ASRL - Stages" and 0x47570E52 for "ASRL - Modules" (credit to secretchaos1)). The ASL tool edits the "ASRL - Stages" code so you can just copy over the changes for the "ASRL - Modules" code, with the exception of Flat Zone 2.
4. The old Custom Sound Engine is incompatible with the new ASRL. The new Custom sound engine must be used. Keep in mind that it loads files from a different location and has slightly different acceptable filename ranges.
5. The Tracklist Modifier code is compatible with STGCUSTOM26-28 too (don't forget about the byte count!)
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Wait. There's a version of the ASL code that works with BrawlEx? Where can I find it?

Quote from: Danster on August 25, 2016, 08:38:09 PM
Wait. There's a version of the ASL code that works with BrawlEx? Where can I find it?

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 15, 2016, 06:34:00 AM
Been testing out the version of the ASL used in libertyernie's Classic Exp. Pack and it seems to work fine with my BrawlEx setup. Just wanted to forward it here since I know it's been highly anticipated by some of us: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

ok idk if im the only one but when i use dolphin 5.0 to run brawl hacks my music gets all glitchy and i found out its the common2.pac thats what messing with the music for some reasion any body else has this problem?