BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I notice I'm having a problem with the shader rendering. Is there something else I need to install first to get it to work, or any hardware requirments? I'm just getting strange splotches of colour on most models: http://screenshooter.net/99992442/bnjgjpb
These spots of colour go away when I disable the shaders.

i'm also having problems, some parts of various models just don't show up or simply look like butchered textures, but the shaders, shines and specs actually show if possible
What exactly does this thread do?

Might be your computers...

Falcon and Samus work fine on mine.

May 20, 2015, 09:29:34 PM #663 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:30:59 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: PervyDSX8 on May 20, 2015, 05:58:27 AM
changelog:
who friggin knows

;-;  i wanted to know what kind of new stuff was added or fixed D:

I'm just too lazy, I guess I'll write a changelog eventually

Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on May 20, 2015, 03:05:15 PM
New additions are great, but i have one thing to complain about - you can no longer view animation for only one model (as far as i know) and you can't copy and paste bone rotations and stuff on the model outside of animations, something that is rather uncomfortable at least for me. But thats it. Oh, and models sometimes have parts missing or just somehow get behind other models even though its not how it is.

Yes you can and yes you can, just tested it myself.
Make sure that Target Model -> Edit All is unchecked for the first one.

The third thing probably means your draw order is wrong. The draw priority of each object, whether the object is XLU or OPA, the order of files loaded, the order of materials, etc all can affect the order in which things are drawn. Everything actually matters for the display now.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on May 20, 2015, 06:50:11 PM
I notice I'm having a problem with the shader rendering. Is there something else I need to install first to get it to work, or any hardware requirments? I'm just getting strange splotches of colour on most models: http://screenshooter.net/99992442/bnjgjpb
These spots of colour go away when I disable the shaders.

Quote from: ObskoreStreams on May 20, 2015, 07:10:59 PM
i'm also having problems, some parts of various models just don't show up or simply look like butchered textures, but the shaders, shines and specs actually show if possible

What GPUs do you guys have?
This *shouldn't* be a problem with your operating system.

Shaders run on the GPU (graphics card), so you might have a GPU that can't handle the generated shader code properly. I used GLSL version 120 (one of the oldest versions of OpenGL's shader language) for the most compatibility and the program does check to make sure you have the necessary drivers, so it's most likely a GPU problem. An older GPU or CPU integrated graphics (when you have no graphics card at all) would be the most likely culprit.

Quote from: ZX_KratosAurion_ZX on May 20, 2015, 02:08:40 PM
I can't test it right now but did you fix the vertex editor problem I mentioned?

probably

Quote from: Taiko on May 20, 2015, 02:52:52 PM
This shader thing is amazing, very well done. Thanks for putting the time into this!

no prob mang!

I'm having an issue as well. BB will occasionally crash when exiting the Model viewer after opening it.

Though I could see if I have the latest NET Frameworkd or not.

But I can't thank you enough for making v0.76 come true.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 20, 2015, 09:29:34 PM
I'm just too lazy, I guess I'll write a changelog eventually

Yes you can and yes you can, just tested it myself.
Make sure that Target Model -> Edit All is unchecked for the first one.

The third thing probably means your draw order is wrong. The draw priority of each object, whether the object is XLU or OPA, the order of files loaded, the order of materials, etc all can affect the order in which things are drawn. Everything actually matters for the display now.
It was not checked.
How? When i try to do it, all options for Transform All can no longer be used. I can rotate each bone on its own, but that takes a while. Its been like this since v0.75. Its just fine in v0.71 and below.
Weird. It gets messed up when i add too many objects or something. Its not always like this.

my GPU is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series.
I can play Portal on it :P
What exactly does this thread do?

Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on May 20, 2015, 09:58:58 PM
It was not checked.
How? When i try to do it, all options for Transform All can no longer be used. I can rotate each bone on its own, but that takes a while. Its been like this since v0.75. Its just fine in v0.71 and below.
Weird. It gets messed up when i add too many objects or something. Its not always like this.

I believe that you can rotate/transform the TransN bone and that will rotate/translate the entire model. I know it does it with the actual polygons of the character, but I dunno if it also does it with the grabbing bones and such.

Quote from: windhunter7 on May 20, 2015, 10:09:45 PM
I believe that you can rotate/transform the TransN bone and that will rotate/translate the entire model. I know it does it with the actual polygons of the character, but I dunno if it also does it with the grabbing bones and such.
Not exactly what i meant.

Probably just my hardware then, I'm on an older laptop with AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250. Oh well aside from the weird colour splotches I can still see generally how things will look in game, so I'll just toggle it on and off and use my best judgement between the two to figure it out.

May 20, 2015, 10:36:22 PM #670 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:43:35 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 20, 2015, 09:51:22 PM
I'm having an issue as well. BB will occasionally crash when exiting the Model viewer after opening it.

Though I could see if I have the latest NET Frameworkd or not.

But I can't thank you enough for making v0.76 come true.

I get this as well. When I unclick Edit All under Target Model, it doesn't do it anymore.

EDIT: Wait, it still does. It just hangs forever whenever I try to make other models invisible when viewing one.

May 20, 2015, 10:42:54 PM #671 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:45:40 PM by BlackJax96
Quote from: ObskoreStreams on May 20, 2015, 10:04:44 PM
my GPU is Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3600 Series.
I can play Portal on it :P
lol I just looked it up, and Intel does specify that it has problems loading and/or rendering quite a few older games.

Quote from: windhunter7 on May 20, 2015, 10:09:45 PM
I believe that you can rotate/transform the TransN bone and that will rotate/translate the entire model. I know it does it with the actual polygons of the character, but I dunno if it also does it with the grabbing bones and such.

are you okay

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on May 20, 2015, 09:51:22 PM
I'm having an issue as well. BB will occasionally crash when exiting the Model viewer after opening it.

Though I could see if I have the latest NET Frameworkd or not.

But I can't thank you enough for making v0.76 come true.
That's odd. Don't have much of an idea why it would do that.

You're welcome m8

Quote from: R̢i҉̴̛͜d̷̕҉̴l̨̧͠͡e͘͜͠y̴̶͡͠͞ on May 20, 2015, 09:58:58 PM
It was not checked.
How? When i try to do it, all options for Transform All can no longer be used. I can rotate each bone on its own, but that takes a while. Its been like this since v0.75. Its just fine in v0.71 and below.
Weird. It gets messed up when i add too many objects or something. Its not always like this.

I really don't know why the same code would work correctly on one computer but not another if you have the correct NET version and all that. What's your computer's specs? Do you have .NET 4.5? What exactly do you do to encounter the problem (list the steps you take to get there).

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 20, 2015, 10:36:22 PM
I get this as well. When I unclick Edit All under Target Model, it doesn't do it anymore.

Are the models in the same file or different files? I can open two character model files and two animation files (4 files total - use the Files manager on the right panel, use the dropdown) and Edit All unchecked works as expected.





Also I just want to point out that I'm completely done with BrawlBox now. I'm not going to fix or add anything or even look at the code anymore. I'll probably release an unstable version later with every feature I haven't finished enabled so you can try them out (a model rig editor, UV map exporter, better interpolation editor, and VERY MINOR Gamecube and Wii U support mainly), but I'm done now. I know I said I was "retired" a year ago or something so this is probably hard to believe but I really mean it now. I'm going to start asserting that declaration. :L

Out with a bang, they say.

Same file. I scroll through the file's models and uncheck them as needed to view them, and once I've done that, it hangs forever when trying to exit the model viewer.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 20, 2015, 10:42:54 PMI really don't know why the same code would work correctly on one computer but not another if you have the correct NET version and all that. What's your computer's specs? Do you have .NET 4.5? What exactly do you do to encounter the problem (list the steps you take to get there).
...er...its in Russian. Don't know how to translate all of the stuff that is listed there.
Yes, i have it.
If you mean weird viewing order, then i just load few models (depends on how complex) and one of the other models gets glitched. If you mean being unable to use Transform All buttons, then its always like this unless im previewing an animation. But when i get out of it (btw, i can't close animations loaded anymore like it was possible before), they all get disabled.

You have to use the files manager to unload external files. It's in the right panel, use the dropdown.

The transform all section is disabled without an animation selected. But if you select an animation and go to any frame INCLUDING frame 0, it isn't disabled. Which makes sense, because there's no point copying a frame state without an animation anyway.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on May 20, 2015, 10:46:03 PM
it hangs forever when trying to exit the model viewer.

I'll upload a quick hotfix for that since it seems just a TAD BIT CRIPPLING.