BrawlBox v0.78

Started by libertyernie, May 03, 2014, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 71 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'd say github is probably ideal, it makes issues easier to keep track of. Though I do keep an eye on this thread too.

I'll keep that in mind!
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

so, sound effect modding is one of the fields on Brawl Modding i've been most interested in, and i saw that BrawlBox 0.77 has added support for further BRSAR modifications (adding and removing groups, sounds, folders, etc.), and i actually got hyped even though i'm not sure what that could be used for, while it obviously sounds useful.

then, could someone tell what tricks we can now pull off with said new feature? i'm legit curious about this

as a side note, is there a thread in which there's discussion for development on your Brawl Managers? because the newest version of Costume Manager still uses the PM 3.5 alignments for cosmetics and costumes and it gets confusing at times, nevertheless the Stage and Song Managers are on point

thanks in advance
What exactly does this thread do?

Quote from: UmbraVivens on June 10, 2016, 03:43:15 PM
as a side note, is there a thread in which there's discussion for development on your Brawl Managers? because the newest version of Costume Manager still uses the PM 3.5 alignments for cosmetics and costumes and it gets confusing at times, nevertheless the Stage and Song Managers are on point

thanks in advance

It's this one: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=27607.0

The new features in this update are exciting!  Though I have a few questions about adding sounds.  Is it possible to use it to add sounds for Project M and/or Brawl EX?  There are a lot of characters in my build who are silent when fighting, so would a tutorial be released on adding new sfx?

Hmmm... I'm using BrawlEx (via File Patch Code 3.5.1), and smashbros_sound.brsar claims I've correctly added a new external entry pointing to strm/Z12.brstm (with Z12 pointing to it), but yet when I test it out, Bowser's victory theme is unchanged.

What am I doing wrong?

Will looped WAV files convert to the correct loop point if it's not a multiple of 14336?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on June 16, 2016, 05:39:29 AM
Will looped WAV files convert to the correct loop point if it's not a multiple of 14336?

Yes. That was fixed a while ago.

June 16, 2016, 12:34:03 PM #908 Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:14:39 PM by Tiberious
Okay, I found out it's a FPC issue, and I've dropped my edited smashbros_sound.brsar into a copy of the ISO, and then compressed that ISO back to WBFS, just to test and see if my edit worked (before upgradng to FPC4.1), but now something different happens.

When Bowser wins, there seems to be no sound at all, skipping straight to the post-fanfare track.

I have Z12.brstm (Smash 4's Bowser (Jr.) victory fanfare) sitting in sound/strm, so I don't know what's going on now.


Edit: I'm going to try rebuilding the ISO with a dummy Z12.brstm (a copy of 000.brstm renamed) added in and see if it's because the file wasn't originally on the disc.
If this is what causes it to work, then I'll know it's a case of the game not playing nice with FPC if the file's not ont he disc originally.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on June 16, 2016, 06:10:17 AM
Yes. That was fixed a while ago.
Good to know.
Thanks fam.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


SUCCESS!

Turns out it was the game not finding the file on the disc originally. As soon as I tried with a rebuild of the image where I placed a 'dummy' Z12.brstm (a renamed copy of 000.brstm) into sound/strm, FPC 3.5.1 dutifully loaded the 'real' Z12.brstm from SD card.

Any chance the upcoming version could be compatible with 32 bits win 7?

If only it was possible to select multiple vertices one-by-one with the SHIFT button. (Unless that was implemented, of course.)
Quote from: B a d   T i m e LC-DDM on May 13, 2016, 03:11:44 AM
#MakeNintendoWiFiGreatAgain
QuoteA girl who bullies you is just showing their ignorance while at the same time is too stupid to tell you she likes you.ヽ( ͡°╭​͜ʖ╮​͡° )ノ

Smash 4 Cloud Project:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=77350.0


Smash 4 Cloud discord: https://discord.gg/P8e4JUC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5wsEF4QhWfmmRAKfSNymaw

Anther's Ladder: TheTriforceLink
Smash 3DS mains: Link, Shulk, Falco, Cloud, Villy

Quote from: Gamidame_K on June 17, 2016, 05:46:58 PM
Any chance the upcoming version could be compatible with 32 bits win 7?

it's not?

Quote from: TheTriforceLink on June 17, 2016, 06:56:33 PM
If only it was possible to select multiple vertices one-by-one with the SHIFT button. (Unless that was implemented, of course.)

Hold CTRL to select one-by-one.

Hmm, maybe the problem is my pc then, because I can't run bb up to 0.73