Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14
Author Topic: Pay me to program for you (Expired)  (Read 65769 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »

oh, thats good, since it would be awful to buy programs thats already madeI really want to buy one o: i mean, 175 dollars is just about 1271.76 SEK and I can affort that pretty easy atm
    also, I would love a article rebuilder! since without a proper Article rebuilder, we will have hard time to even begin to do it with or without Module editing and I want to try make it to work D:
    if you know what I mean.

a example, if I found out how to make something work in the Module file, but it requires one thing in the PSA that we cant add atm D: thats how I see it

You can afford it? o:
    I'll get back to working on Ikarus asap if you're up for it.

For the articles, what I think I can do is offer advanced tools that let you create or remove data from the extra data offsets section and from articles as you wish without having to worry about calculations. You would click on a word (a word is 4 bytes, to those who don't know) and set it to Offset, Count, Flags or Other. If offset, you can specify what kind of node it links to and Ikarus will add it for you to edit. If count, you can specify what offset uses it and how. If flags, you can access the bits and write descriptions for whatever group of bits you want. If other, you can write the bytes to the word manually. All of these changes would be stored in a text file for BrawlBox to read later, provided I figure out how to give each moveset a unique identifier that won't be read by the game.

I don't know how much that would cost though. I'd only add that kind of thing once Ikarus works. Preferably, Ikarus would read the moveset file using the module and sync any edits back to the module. But I don't think that day will ever come Cry

what about making ikarus work for a single character?

since you said it was going to use specific rebuilding stuff per character...

There were actually only a few major problems with Brawlbox's rebuilder that affected a few characters in very similar ways. One was that the character, if affected, would have problems using specials and their FS - usually not being able to move after the move finished. Two was that PSA could no longer open the moveset file, which I assume is just because the section data list wasn't written with the data section first and PSA couldn't find it. I assume there were also at least a couples problems with articles as well.

I'll probably add Brawlbox's rebuilder into Ikarus and continue to work on it, making minor specifications here and there to fix problems for different characters. The only things that need to be rebuilt specific to each character are the extra data offsets, which link to articles and other various parameter lists that Brawlbox displayed alongside all the folders common to all characters.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 09:44:39 PM »

I don't know how much that would cost though. I'd only add that kind of thing once Ikarus works. Preferably, Ikarus would read the moveset file using the module and sync any edits back to the module. But I don't think that day will ever come Cry
    BlackJax nooooooo. Cry

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 29, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »

Preferably, Ikarus would read the moveset file using the module and sync any edits back to the module. But I don't think that day will ever come Cry

This was a project i was gonna work on in my spare time actually, and due to that i have been very determined to research and as such, i have been researching them ALOT. They're one of my main concern as of late, as they govern all the things I've been wanting to do. Thankfully, I've gotten fairly far into it and understanding the modules completely for this is particular use is at least FEASIBLE now. Though of course still quite far away. I hope one day it happens though! I'm optimistic that someone will continue to research and work on them until it's done, mainly because i think it would be infuriating to come so close, just to leave before it's done. xD

EDIT:
    All of these changes would be stored in a text file for BrawlBox to read later, provided I figure out how to give each moveset a unique identifier that won't be read by the game.

iirc PSA adds bytes to the files that aren't read by the game correct? er..well it DID..my version doesn't because i didn't see it making any important differences whether it was marked or not.  it marked the end of the data section with a FADE0D8A, and an offset TO this tag right before it. example, 00015a00 FADE0D8A where FADE0D8A is at that address (00015a00) IIRC it was used to mark the end of usable space in the file, and where the start of the empty space buffer begins at runtime. These 2 words were being saved by PSA into the moveset file, even though (as far as i know) it didn't need to be kept in the file. Meaning, just opening the file in PSA altered it when saved.

Dunno if this is what you meant, but yea PSA does that. Incidentally, i had the same idea to mark the moveset files with unique identifiers so that it didn't depend on character specific strings in the parent ARC header.
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 02:11:47 AM by Sammi Husky » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: September 29, 2014, 04:16:28 AM »

You can afford it? o:
    I'll get back to working on Ikarus asap if you're up for it.
    I do have money for it, but atm I kinda need them for myself until I get a job D: (might get a work this week, only waiting on a yes or no)
    and it is a pretty huge work and alot of money, so if I will buy ikarus, I would love to split the payment into 2-4 sections.
    that would mean 175/2 = 87.2 or 175/4 = 43.75 for each paying.
    so if I pay the first section and waiting for the beta version, once I got a beta version I can pay the second/final section o:

really want to buy it since we need Ikarus and I really want to support a friend, you ;^;
    For the articles, what I think I can do is offer advanced tools that let you create or remove data from the extra data offsets section and from articles as you wish without having to worry about calculations. You would click on a word (a word is 4 bytes, to those who don't know) and set it to Offset, Count, Flags or Other. If offset, you can specify what kind of node it links to and Ikarus will add it for you to edit. If count, you can specify what offset uses it and how. If flags, you can access the bits and write descriptions for whatever group of bits you want. If other, you can write the bytes to the word manually. All of these changes would be stored in a text file for BrawlBox to read later, provided I figure out how to give each moveset a unique identifier that won't be read by the game.
    I would love that o: seems really awesome!

that would be a really hard work since PSA language =/= module language D: but we can always dream right?

Stupid Tinypic :C

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 08:42:44 AM »

1. You say, "I want X feature" and describe it.
    2. Then I say, "That will cost X dollars".
    3. I put it on the OP with the quoted price.

4a. You buy it or you don't buy it.
    4b. If you don't buy it, I will set up a system in which anyone can put any amount of money down for it to be made. When it reaches the goal, everyone pays the money they pledged and I make the feature.

5. If you buy it, I will make it. You'll probably do an up-front payment so I know you're not going to change your mind.

this seems good

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: October 01, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »

I consider this comment pretty edgy

Post Merge: September 20, 2014, 12:13:11 PM
    but now, before a drama or an argument starts, I want to leave clear Im not against this, I have actually planned the same for myself in the future, but I think a hobby like this shouldnt be seen as a stressing job

...yeah there's a difference between programming a tool to help in Brawl hacking and selling your brawl hacks.

Thank for the clarification then. I support this idea then since it's legal, but I wuld never bring myself to pay for this stuff. But hey, maybe others would

...what was the point of bringing up the legality if you're not going to dump money into it? What kind of ass-backwards logic is that?

well, I won't say it's a bad idea, but letting it happen will make me lose faith in the project...

I have no faith in a project when the developer is doing things for money rather than for the benefit of others.

if the result is still for the benefit, then great, but due to the money aspect, brbx will never look good to me if done like that.

Yeah, man, "selling out" is so evil and stuff. Fight the power, all that.

if (as a retort) you want me to pick it up, don't bother:
    1: I now hate C# with a passsion and will only learn it for reading code (not writing it)
    2: I'm already working on something far more advanced and have many more communities (not just hacking communities) supporting the idea

Man, your horse must be smoking weed 'cause it's high as [censored].

So why don't you make your own thread instead of advertising in others like it's the second coming of hacking-Jesus?

to add a bit of personal info to that, and it's something that's always been known...
    I hate money, and will always do what I can for free.
    (I would rather make an attempt to get rid of money than try to actually make it)

Maaaaan, adulthood is going to SUCK for you.

Okay, trashytalk notwithstanding, if it's at all possible to have animated textures on a character, I would engage in shilling.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »

I see no $ amount on Ikarus moveset thing.  How much would that be?

I am for one, wanting Ikarus so bad, so for donating we will be using PayPal?

If it's for Ikarus, I may lend a hand but the rest I am not sure.

What are the ikarus Features/Tools that are o the request list?

Edit:

Ok saw a post of yours saying to describe some features, so here is an Ikarus feature that I would like:

- Model viewer
    - ability to watch the preview of the hitbox with a before/after before we press ok.

• When we double click on a hitbox or just click "modify, we would go on the hitbox editor tab
    • Said tab would have a before preview thumbnail with the un-modified model hitbox preview the second thumbnail would have the after with every single change done showing on it just before we click ok to overwrite the previous change

I hope this makes sense, it's something I always wanted from brawlbox but now that Ikarus is a focus on this, would be neat.  Hopefully the amount of donation is not that high lol, either way I want to be able to help.

*The thumbnails could be less than 800x600 both so having both thumbnail previews won't increase RAM usage that much on slower pc's.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:35:19 PM by namq » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: October 01, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »

Okay, trashytalk notwithstanding, if it's at all possible to have animated textures on a character, I would engage in shilling.
    That's already possible. You just need to make the character's Shaders/Materials/Textures able to use STR0 animation, then make custom STR0 animations. But it'll likely take a huge chunk of file size, alongside the needed CHR0 animations, especially is you want the texture animation to have the effect throughout the entire character's moveset.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: October 01, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »

I just saw Pikazz post, so 175...

and not bad if more people willing to give a hand.

But it's not fair for "private" builds, no need to be selfish if I help is for the community, I have low income right now I am on a bad season but son Iam getting more hours and would let me give a helping hand.

I want Ikarus Like bad hehe lets see if it's more than 175, I can give something a month maybe via paypal.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:45:33 PM by namq » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: October 01, 2014, 03:24:28 PM »

But it's not fair for "private" builds, no need to be selfish if I help is for the community, I have low income right now I am on a bad season but son Iam getting more hours and would let me give a helping hand.

iirc there is no intention of private builds. Features that are finished will be included in the next public release for everyone to use. all this talk of Ikarus makes me want to get to working on it..

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »

I just saw Pikazz post, so 175...

and not bad if more people willing to give a hand.

I want Ikarus Like bad hehe lets see if it's more than 175, I can give something a month maybe via paypal.
    if you really want it so bad, we can always split it in 50/50 o: so I pay one part and you pay the second part?

what I said before is basically keeping track since its huge money and a big program! so it would be wiser to split the payment into sections and the program into betas o:

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: October 01, 2014, 05:04:25 PM »

iirc PSA adds bytes to the files that aren't read by the game correct? er..well it DID..my version doesn't because i didn't see it making any important differences whether it was marked or not.  it marked the end of the data section with a FADE0D8A, and an offset TO this tag right before it. example, 00015a00 FADE0D8A where FADE0D8A is at that address (00015a00) IIRC it was used to mark the end of usable space in the file, and where the start of the empty space buffer begins at runtime. These 2 words were being saved by PSA into the moveset file, even though (as far as i know) it didn't need to be kept in the file. Meaning, just opening the file in PSA altered it when saved.

Dunno if this is what you meant, but yea PSA does that. Incidentally, i had the same idea to mark the moveset files with unique identifiers so that it didn't depend on character specific strings in the parent ARC header.

I know, but the identifier needs to be set in a spot that will never change throughout movesets.

if it's at all possible to have animated textures on a character, I would engage in shilling.

You're gonna need to use SRT0 or a PAT0 that gives the appearance of animation.

There's no way to apply one animation to the model at all times (that we know of), and shaders don't support movement, so adding an animation for every subaction seems like the only way to pull that off.

- Model viewer
    - ability to watch the preview of the hitbox with a before/after before we press ok.

• When we double click on a hitbox or just click "modify, we would go on the hitbox editor tab
    • Said tab would have a before preview thumbnail with the un-modified model hitbox preview the second thumbnail would have the after with every single change done showing on it just before we click ok to overwrite the previous change

I hope this makes sense, it's something I always wanted from brawlbox but now that Ikarus is a focus on this, would be neat.  Hopefully the amount of donation is not that high lol, either way I want to be able to help.

*The thumbnails could be less than 800x600 both so having both thumbnail previews won't increase RAM usage that much on slower pc's.

Ikarus already has a model viewer though. It's in the center of the program... ?

The hitbox thing will be $10. I'm not going to render two whole images though, I'll just apply the changes in the model viewer and if you hit cancel, it will change back (in actuality, nothing changes until you hit OK).

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: October 02, 2014, 12:46:09 AM »

I know, but the identifier needs to be set in a spot that will never change throughout movesets.

I suppose your right...though, wouldn't it be possible to just generically parse the moveset file's main sections first (Pointer list, Data section, Tables, strings, etc) without breaking it down yet and look up the unique identifier at the end of the Data section?

iirc it would be easy enough to just 0x20 + (Header->DataLength - 0x04) to find the address right? That way the initial pass wouldn't have to break it down, just set/get the unique identifier for the second pass to actually parse the data. Im not super acquainted with the way Ikarus or BBox handled the moveset files though, so i could be way off base..

LJSTAR
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Pin Collector RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: October 03, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

Just by curiosity, How much would it be for a undo/redo command for vertex editing in Brawl Box ?

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: October 03, 2014, 04:47:04 PM »

Just by curiosity, How much would it be for a undo/redo command for vertex editing in Brawl Box ?

There already is undo and redo for vertex editing. Is there a problem with it?
    Bone transform and vertex transform edits are the only things that can be undone/redone.

I suppose your right...though, wouldn't it be possible to just generically parse the moveset file's main sections first (Pointer list, Data section, Tables, strings, etc) without breaking it down yet and look up the unique identifier at the end of the Data section?

iirc it would be easy enough to just 0x20 + (Header->DataLength - 0x04) to find the address right? That way the initial pass wouldn't have to break it down, just set/get the unique identifier for the second pass to actually parse the data. Im not super acquainted with the way Ikarus or BBox handled the moveset files though, so i could be way off base..

I don't think it'd be much of a problem, don't worry about it.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: