Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: How to Clone Characters with no .rel file(Exmodule) like Fox on Brawlex  (Read 10430 times)
SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 08:17:31 AM »

i have no clue what you are talkign about as much of your sentenses dont makes sense. also i noticed you put a lot of excuses for things. i too am an animator and game designer. that has nothing to do with this. also what overdrive said. if you dont have proof and dont knwo what you are talking about, dont say it

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

you may be able to use wolfs rel for fox because they do have similar articals but its not 100% sure it will work but you may have to port the psa to another character that can be brawlex

TheGentlemanX
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »

Alright, I will try these porting methods and try to use wolf .rel. I am not a Wii user either. I use Dolphin to be specific about what im using and I use Gecko OS. If anybody got any porting tutorial links or explanations I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you all for attempting to help me.

Nao-chan
    Collab Assassin
    Holy Kitten

That's what comes of under-estimating me.

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Famous Hacker Starstormer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »

How can I trust what you say on this, though? -snip-

This whole post reeks of hypocrisy. You ask for his experience... but have absolutely none of your own to show on your vault, aside from "your word" which barely anyone here actually takes legitimately. Please stop spreading misinformation on things you have no proof of. If you want to help. Point him in the direction of the help threads that actually hold answers for his queries.

Also... it's not just the characters bones that matter when making a clone. All of the character files play a roll in it. So stop saying confusing things.
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:57:20 PM by Nao-chan » Logged

WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 10:31:28 AM »

Windhunter. As a user with a little over 4 years of Brawl modding experience, I can confirm that you have no idea on what you're talking about.

Stop making yourself out to be the victim when you're called out on your misinformation. You have done the same exact thing on every thread in which people have called you out on your misinformation. It's getting extensively annoying.

The user asked if one can make a BrawlEx clone of a character without a BrawlEx module. The obvious answer is no, not without extensive editing (more so than the average BrawlEx clone). But yet you spread all this blatant misinformation.

Replies to snips in the spoiler.
    -snip 1
    This is absolute bull[censored]. Ike has 73 bones, while Marth has 70 bones. Lucas has 64 bones, while Ness has 66 bones. Even if they did have the same number of bones, you would still have to do more work than just renaming files. You have to take Bone Indexes and Bone translations into consideration, as they're almost always going to be different. The only exception I can find is Mario and Luigi, as both have 62 bones. But even then, Mario and Luigi still have different Bone Indexes and Bone Translations.

And with PSAs, you cannot just rename their FitChar.pac and FitCharMotionEtc files, as that will have guaranteed crashes and glitches that cannot be fixed.

And yet, what you just said doesn't relate to the OP's question at all what so ever.

Exactly.
    No. Read my first reply.

-snip 2
    You're talking about rel porting, which is completely different to what the OP is asking.

-snip 3
    For [censored]'s sake. Stop making threads all about yourself when you're called out on your misinformation. This isn't about you, [censored]. And while HypnotizeOverdrive is just as new as you are, I have been Brawl modding ever since late 2010, so I have solid ground to stand on and I know what I'm talking about, as I have done extensive edits for model porting. Also, making your own games has nothing to do with Brawl modding, so stop advertising yourself.

And it's apparent that you have no idea of what you're talking about. Like I stated last time, what you're talking about is rel porting, which requires extensive editing just to basically function and it requires even more extensive editing in order to be stable.

-snip 4
    Copping out, I see? There's two other options you can do if you don't have a Wii to use.
    1.) If your computer is powerful enough, get Dolphin Emulator and a Brawl ISO.
    2.) Have someone test it for you.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 11:05:05 AM »

Copping out, I see? There's two other options you can do if you don't have a Wii to use.
    1.) If your computer is powerful enough, get Dolphin Emulator and a Brawl ISO.
    2.) Have someone test it for you.

Except that I couldn't manage to successfully get the Gecko Channel installed on my Dolphin, nor the Wii System Menu, even though I attempted to follow like 3 tutorials on it, and I did say that I'll test it as soon as I can.

As to ALL of you guys who doubt that my method will work, at least let me try it before you bash it!

As for this quote of yours:
    Stop making yourself out to be the victim when you're called out on your misinformation. You have done the same exact thing on every thread in which people have called you out on your misinformation. It's getting extensively annoying.

1) I'm not playing the victim; I simply said that I'll prove it; learn the difference
    2) It's not misinformation, which I'll show whence I prove it, and yet you state misinformation as "fact"
    3) You OBVIOUSLY have NEVER EVER read my threads and/or posts, then, since there has been all of ONE other thread where I was "called out on misinformation", and you never let me prove that I was correct!(I don't even remember which thread it was, and no, I'm not thinking of the critiquing one; that one was just meanness, not how to help someone)

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 11:12:58 AM »

As to ALL of you guys who doubt that my method will work, at least let me try it before you bash it!

You should have been tried it, that's the point. That's like saying, "Oh, let me teach someone else how to play a video game before I actually play it myself." There's zero logic in that.

You might not always play the victim (not exactly sure on that) but you DO post junk just to post it. And I'm NEWER than you. And even I know that. This isn't our first dance, remember that. I called you out once before for doing this same exact thing.
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:15:26 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 11:31:54 AM »

I do have experience with porting characters, though. It's just that I've never tried it with BrawlEx, but logically, it will most likely work exactly the same way. It's more like saying,"Let me show you how to play this game, so that you can beat it, even though I never tried beating it [yet]."

As for posting "Junk", I really don't; I even got at least 3 people to thank me for helping them with the common5.pac or 3d model viewing or other stuff like that in the past two days!

And WOW, that WHOLE 1 and 1/2 months newer! You're so much of a noob on this forum compared to me!!! No. You're about the same as me, as I started modding not too long before I joined the forum, and I didn't start making my own mods until quite a while after I joined.(And they weren't good when I started, either, which is why I never uploaded them)

And do reference this "calling out" where I misinformed. Also, even though we never met when we both were noobs, and you probably don't look at every single available section of the forum, it wasn't until recently that we clashed, and I don't want to clash with you; I want you to just let me at least try something that's based on logicality and experience. All I'm asking is for all of you guys to just wait a few days(At most) until I test it, and if successful, I'll upload me doing it onto YouTube, along with the SD Card layout(In case you don't believe the video), and then the person who made this thread can see whether or not he can do something that simple to make clones without .rels.

P.S. My first post ever on this forum was asking how to import a model from Blender that I already rigged.( forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65479 ) So don't say that I never looked up how to model or rig or animate or anything; as for proof that I'm working on games, I made a script below.(Quoted from another one of my posts, when I gave it as a source code to someone else making a game)
    Also, I have this cool sprinting script written in JavaScript that you can tweak to fit the running in the game.(I have no clue how running in that game series works, or if you wanted to change the mechanics of the running.)
    Code:
    #pragma strict

var Speed_Running : float = 10;
    var Speed_Sprinting : float = 20;
    var TheWeapons : Transform;
    var Stamina : float = 100;
    var StaminaRateofDecrease : float = 0.5;
    var StaminaRechargeTime : float;
    var StaminaPenaltyTime : float;
    var StaminaRechargeDelay : float;
    var StaminaAmount : float = 100.0;
    var StaminaBar : GUIText;
    var StaminaRecharge : float = 1.0;
    var ItemToFollowPlayer : GameObject;

private var characterMotor : CharacterMotor;
    private var characterController : CharacterController;

function Start ()
    {
    characterMotor = GetComponent(CharacterMotor);
    characterController = GetComponent(CharacterController);
    }

function Update ()
    {
    //The actual speed variable
    var speed = Speed_Running;

//Sprinting
    //Checks for opportunity to sprint
    if ( characterController.isGrounded && Input.GetKey("left shift") || Input.GetKey("right shift"))
    if (Input.GetKey(KeyCode.W))
    {
    //Changes the speed to sprint
    speed = Speed_Sprinting;
    TheWeapons.animation.CrossFade("WeaponRunning1");
         if ( characterController.isGrounded && Time.time > StaminaRateofDecrease )
         //Trying to run
           {
             Stamina-= Time.deltaTime*10;
             StaminaRechargeTime = Time.time + StaminaRechargeDelay;
             if ( Stamina > 0 )
             {
              //Runs
             }
             else
             {
              StaminaRateofDecrease = Time.time + StaminaPenaltyTime;
             }
           }
         if ( Time.time > StaminaRechargeTime )
          {
            Stamina= Mathf.Min(Stamina+Time.deltaTime, StaminaAmount);
          }
         }
    //Jumping
    if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.E))
    {
    //IMPORTANT: CHANGE ANIMATION BELOW TO JUMPING ANIMATION!!!
    TheWeapons.animation.CrossFade("WeaponRunning1");
    Stamina -= 10;
       }
    //Stamina
    if ( Stamina <= 100 )
    {
    Stamina+= Time.deltaTime*2;
    StaminaRechargeTime = Time.time + StaminaRechargeDelay;
    }
    if ( Stamina <= 0 )
    {
    speed = Speed_Running;
    TheWeapons.animation.CrossFade("WeaponIdle1");
    Stamina = 0;
    ItemToFollowPlayer.SetActiveRecursively(true);
    }
    if (ItemToFollowPlayer.active == true)
    {
    if ( Stamina < 100 )
    {
    Stamina+= Time.deltaTime*7;
    speed = Speed_Running;
    TheWeapons.animation.CrossFade("WeaponIdle1");
    }
    if ( Stamina >= 100 )
    {
    Stamina = 100;
    ItemToFollowPlayer.SetActiveRecursively(false);
    }
    }
    StaminaBar.text = ("Stamina " + Mathf.Floor(Stamina) + "/100");
    characterMotor.movement.maxForwardSpeed = speed;
    //Sets the speed
    }

This script(Unless tweaked) requires TheWeapons as a Transform, StaminaBar as a GUIText, ItemToFollowPlayer as a disabled invisible(Or super-tiny) object attached to the player, WeaponIdle1 as an animation(The idle animation for the character), and WeaponRunning1 as an animation.(The sprinting animation of the character)

What this script does(If I remember correctly when I wrote it; I might have the seconds off, as when I wrote it, I just tested different timers, and liked these numbers for the times.) is has the character sprint when the "Shift" key is pressed, and the character is moving forward.(You can copy the one part for each other direction, if you want those to also be sprinting, as well as different animations for each direction.) The sprinting spends 2 Stamina per second, and doubles the movement speed from 10 to 20. Jumping with "E" spends 10 Stamina. The Stamina normally recharges 1 per 2 seconds, but 1 per 7 seconds after the Stamina reaches 0. There is exactly 100 Stamina, and it can't go below 0 or 100, ever.

But yeah, feel free to tweak this however you like, as long as you give me credit for part of the script.(You don't need to credit me though, if you only take a little bit of the script.) Wink
    *Note: I actually made those objects that I say are needed at the end of the post.

Post Merge: April 04, 2015, 11:39:15 AM
    Including the animations "WeaponIdle1" and "WeaponRunning1"; so don't say that I don't know the slightest bit about animations, either!
    « Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 11:41:14 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 11:52:54 AM »

I do have experience with porting characters, though. It's just that I've never tried it with BrawlEx, but logically, it will most likely work exactly the same way. It's more like saying,"Let me show you how to play this game, so that you can beat it, even though I never tried beating it [yet]."

You obviously don't if all you do is rename files. Porting characters is much more complicated than you think.

As for posting "Junk", I really don't; I even got at least 3 people to thank me for helping them with the common5.pac or 3d model viewing or other stuff like that in the past two days!

So we're just ignoring all your posts in the A/A thread? Alright, fine with me.

I want you to just let me at least try something that's based on logicality and experience.

It's not logical. Trust me, it isn't. I tried doing what you did way back, and it failed terribly.

and then the person who made this thread can see whether or not he can do something that simple to make clones without .rels.

Yeah. That requires extensive PSA editing. Which you obviously haven't done.

P.S. My first post ever on this forum was asking how to import a model from Blender that I already rigged.( forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65479 ) So don't say that I never looked up how to model or rig or animate or anything; as for proof that I'm working on games, I made a script below.(Quoted from another one of my posts, when I gave it as a source code to someone else making a game)
    *Note: I actually made those objects that I say are needed at the end of the post.

Post Merge: April 04, 2015, 11:39:15 AM
    Including the animations "WeaponIdle1" and "WeaponRunning1"; so don't say that I don't know the slightest bit about animations, either!

Nobody cares about what you did for that. That has no relevance here.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    Quote from: Miacis
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »

*Edit: Links removed, since it's been at least a week*

So I tried it, and these were the results, in this video:
    *Deleted
    (Sd card setup downloadable here: *Deleted )

Dr. Mario is a Mario clone, and you'll notice that Luigi and Mario both work over him, though Luigi has some graphical glitches. With Luigi's PSA, however, those graphical glitches on Luigi will go away.

Wolverine is a Wolf clone, and you'll notice that Wolf and Fox both work over him, and neither of them have graphical glitches.(At least not that I noticed)

As you'll also notice, Marissa is a clone of Lucas, but only Ness will work over her and not Lucas, and with Cloud, both Ike and Marth work over him, though Marth's B causes a freeze.

Post Merge: April 06, 2015, 10:24:13 AM
    P.S. Lemme know when you have finished downloading/watching the video, so I can delete it and the .zip from MediaFire to make room for my actual mods.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:29:06 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: April 06, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »

-snip

OP is asking how to use all-new PSAs in BrawlEx without certain modules. Not how to use models over PSAs. Please learn how to read these things.

Your video is showing how to use models over existing PSAs, not how to clone PSAs already in the game for use. Like, come on now.
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:42:33 AM by HypnotizeOverdrive » Logged

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

HaloFanODST
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! Good Citizen Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: April 06, 2015, 05:08:36 PM »

The only way to clone characters with no ExModule is by porting the PSA to another character, which is mostly hard if you don't have the experience.

Some characters can be automatically ported (yet with work done by you) over others.
    Fox and Wolf have similar articles, but the boneset (I believe) is different.

Other characters can be cloned by modifying just the coding, as far as I know, to match the module files. <--------- This might not be true.

Example:

Spiderman couldn't be cloned when BrawlEx came out (he is a Sheik based character), so he was ported over Marth to be cloned.
    The one who ported him over Marth said once that it was easy due to Spiderman not using any of Sheik's specials, but I'm not sure if this is the reason.

In short: You need to port the PSA over a character with ExModule to make it clonable.

Before someone attacks me:
    No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
    America is a continent and deal with it.
    I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

catscatscats99
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 05:17:32 PM »

If you want to port a character the fastest way possible:
    Start by just putting your new character over who you want to port him to. Like even the PSA and FitMotion. Rename the files of course...and then play the character.
    If you didn't get a freeze, then yay. Scout for glitches, and then use PSA and either cover them up or actually fix them. Good coding skills are pretty much mandatory for this.
    For example, I ported the Silver PSA (the one over Falco) over Marth awhile ago. A glitch I had was the up B and side B had no momentum when they should. I fixed that by changing the momentum codes. There were a few other things, but they were all little like that.
    However, putting TRex over Marth, works 100% (as far as I could tell) except he can't do air moves. I tried everything to fix it, but the game simply will not go to another action when A is pressed in the air. It does this for all Yoshi PSAs from what I could tell.
    So that's a quick method...moves involving articles will virtually never work, which is why I used Marth for everything, since he won't freeze when an article is attempted to be summoned since he has no articles himself.

For the slow but always effective method, you can actually remake the entire PSA into a new PSA of the character you want, like I did for Petey Piranha in Brawl4All. It took some work, but he is now cloneable as Marth. I recommend this way since there might be glitches you don't catch -- in Brawl4All, Axl is ported using the first method over Marth, which has now caused us to realize a glitch that we can't fix so many months later, so he will now be fully remade on to a different PSA when the next update comes out.

TheGentlemanX
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 09:01:25 AM »

k thanks very much mate

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 11:12:00 AM »

Alejandro MiddleCorn's and itman's posts just above are pretty much all you need to know. Some PSAs can be used over another already cloned character if some modifications are made (for example, the Megaman PSA for Ness can be used over a cloned Lucas slot). But still, you'll always need to go for a character who already has a cloned module, as making a new BrawlEx module takes quite some work.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: