Project M Resources Thread

Started by Albafika, December 02, 2015, 07:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ZX_BraveSol_ZX on December 04, 2015, 03:33:32 PM
EDIT:Sorry about that Micacis.
Hopefully everything goes well with that new host move.

Anyway, figured I'd get everyone's opinion on this, what artwork of Lyn do you guys like the most out of these? Whichever one I see people like the most will be what I will base Lyn's new CSPs on.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I might also make some custom alts for her, but I'm not sure about putting them up on the vault just yet as I'm not quite sure where the vault staff stands on that situation.

I like the first portrait the best, though I think it could be better.

As for putting them up on the Vault, here's my opinion, for you Admin peoples, so let's hear your take on it:

According to their website,
Quote
We've spent six years polishing Project M, and rather than let it drag on through another several years of dwindling development and change-fatigue in the competitive circle, we're going to consider our work complete.

In the mean time, we plan to be hard at work on new projects, built from the ground up. We can't spill the beans just yet, but know that we're looking towards a fresh start with brand new designs. Rather than splitting our focus, many of us want to dedicate ourselves to this new venture fully. In this way, we hope to maintain the level of quality and professionalism you've come to expect from us.

it sounds like they've just spent 6 years on something, and want to work on other stuff. So it doesn't sound like they got a C&D, but it sounds more like they wanted to do something else, so I would see no issue of continuing P:M ourselves, and letting it out on the Vault. Please give your opinions on this, though.

As for the portraits themselves, you can simply release it as "Lyn Portraits" or something; as P:M didn't work on the portraits and you're making them from scratch, that would mean no credit needed to them, which means that it doesn't have to be P:M related, and can just be portraits by themselves, unassociated with P:M. And then, if we do continue with P:M, we can use those portraits in P:M, 'cause I've noticed that some of the things in P:M are things that the team members made by themselves, and I think they may have been made before putting it in P:M.

December 04, 2015, 06:20:38 PM #31 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:23:46 PM by Albafika
Quote from: windhunter7 on December 04, 2015, 05:07:45 PM
I like the first portrait the best, though I think it could be better.

As for putting them up on the Vault, here's my opinion, for you Admin peoples, so let's hear your take on it:

According to their website,
it sounds like they've just spent 6 years on something, and want to work on other stuff. So it doesn't sound like they got a C&D, but it sounds more like they wanted to do something else, so I would see no issue of continuing P:M ourselves, and letting it out on the Vault. Please give your opinions on this, though.
Our stance is final: We're not allowing Project M content related to the leak on the Vault for the time being, nor do we encourage a new PM team be formed.

If you are still in disagreement, I'd suggest you google a bit about the situation and form a conclusion based on what you find, maybe then you'd understand our stance.

December 04, 2015, 08:02:54 PM #32 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:04:21 PM by Kidneptune
What exactly is the situation though? All that was stated was that they got bored and that there was no C&D. Don't get me wrong I actually think its a good idea not to create a new team or leak anything of pm's out just yet. I just don't understand how you guys came to this stance.

I just spent a few hours googling it, and here's what I found out:

The rumor about Wavedash Games being associated with the PM Dev team is completely false. However, I never could find out anything about if the rumor about WaveDash Games making a new Smash Game was false or not.

And also, the reason for the website getting shut down was simply a preemptive measure, probably because it was too close to Melee or Smash 4, and not 100% it's own thing/Brawl.

Source: A post by Warchamp7(Ryan Morrison, P:M's lawyer) - https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3v3ipo/project_m_has_ceased_development/cxk5fic
Here's his official Twitter post saying the same thing, without the extra info: https://twitter.com/MrRyanMorrison/status/671943222848069632

In other news, while doing the thorough search, I found both the homebrew and hackless 3.6 versions, untouched downloads, with installation instructions, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3v3ipo/project_m_has_ceased_development/

So my conclusion is this:

If we can form a team to create an entirely new version of P:M(Including making Roy's, Mewtwo's models, etc. looking better), then maybe that would be something that would be popular and yet, not something that would require shutting down because of preemptive measure. In fact, eventually, maybe we could actually make one for Sm4sh, since more and more people are modding that.

P.S. When you italicized "encourage", does that mean that you simply don't encourage it, and it's ok to make one?

Quote from: windhunter7 on December 04, 2015, 08:04:40 PM
I just spent a few hours googling it, and here's what I found out:

The rumor about Wavedash Games being associated with the PM Dev team is completely false. However, I never could find out anything about if the rumor about WaveDash Games making a new Smash Game was false or not.

And also, the reason for the website getting shut down was simply a preemptive measure, probably because it was too close to Melee or Smash 4, and not 100% it's own thing/Brawl.

Source: A post by Warchamp7(Ryan Morrison, P:M's lawyer) - https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3v3ipo/project_m_has_ceased_development/cxk5fic
Here's his official Twitter post saying the same thing, without the extra info: https://twitter.com/MrRyanMorrison/status/671943222848069632

In other news, while doing the thorough search, I found both the homebrew and hackless 3.6 versions, untouched downloads, with installation instructions, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3v3ipo/project_m_has_ceased_development/

So my conclusion is this:

If we can form a team to create an entirely new version of P:M(Including making Roy's, Mewtwo's models, etc. looking better), then maybe that would be something that would be popular and yet, not something that would require shutting down because of preemptive measure. In fact, eventually, maybe we could actually make one for Sm4sh, since more and more people are modding that.

P.S. When you italicized "encourage", does that mean that you simply don't encourage it, and it's ok to make one?
Please don't.

December 04, 2015, 09:05:35 PM #35 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:13:43 PM by Albafika
Quote from: Kidneptune on December 04, 2015, 08:02:54 PM
What exactly is the situation though? All that was stated was that they got bored and that there was no C&D. Don't get me wrong I actually think its a good idea not to create a new team or leak anything of pm's out just yet. I just don't understand how you guys came to this stance.

Quote from: windhunter7 on December 04, 2015, 08:04:40 PM
I just spent a few hours googling it, and here's what I found out:

...
...
...
This could prove to be a good read for you both.


Quote from: windhunter7 on December 04, 2015, 08:04:40 PM
P.S. When you italicized "encourage", does that mean that you simply don't encourage it, and it's ok to make one?
I can't stop you from making one. My opinion regarding the matter is irrelevant however; I just stated the reason we are not allowing Project M submissions related to the leak on the Vault for the time being.

After reading that, I can understand why you wouldn't allow content relevant to the leak on the Vault, but what about content related to Project M that doesn't relate to the leak, like, say, recolors of Hector Ike or something like that.

Also, I have a question: Do the hackless Gecko or the air-dodge Gecko codes or anything like that count as something PM-related? And no, I don't mean all of the codes in the entire .gct, I just mean the individual codes by themselves, which I could pair with some others that were made by other people, to create an entirely different project, not even associated with P:M, which was my intention.(To create a new project that, instead of making Brawl like Melee, would instead change Brawl to function differently, while still being Brawl[e.g. Adding back in air-dodge from Melee, and removing Brawl's tripping, but not things like the fast gravity from Melee]; and yes, I was wanting to have other characters be in it, but only ones like Roy or Mewtwo, and only as skins, not as movesets that mimick other games[Though I might edit the movesets to be in character with them, but still not to mimick Melee or Sm4sh], not ones like Pichu or Young Link)

Feel free to edit whatever was in the official 3.6 build.

You want to know what happened? Faraway got this from a subscriber and I think it explains the situation well enough.

http://i.imgur.com/k90QYbD.jpg
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I was honestly pretty keen on taking some bits and pieces of the unfinished Knuckles and working them into my own mishmash, but because I include all of my stuff in a publicly released pack I think I'll opt to avoid doing that until if and when any of this legal trouble gets cleaned up.
Wouldn't be right to go spreading stuff like that if it could potentially get some innocent modders into a lot of hot water.

December 05, 2015, 05:12:20 AM #40 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:35:59 AM by ZX_BraveSol_ZX
Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on December 05, 2015, 02:02:36 AM
You want to know what happened? Faraway got this from a subscriber and I think it explains the situation well enough.

http://i.imgur.com/k90QYbD.jpg
Wow.....just [censored]ing wow..........I knew something was up....
I wish they could've said this from the beginning, would've made alot more sense. Holy [censored] I didn't think it was THAT bad.

[censored] nintendo, seriously. 1 bajillion [censored]ing dollars over a mod on a console they no longer support.
The fact that Nintendo was even CONSIDERING going that far makes me think less of them now. There's a fine line between "protecting your property" and "being an unnecessary [censored]." Thats almost Konami levels of [censored] right there....
What the actual [censored] Nintendo.
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Ricky D. (Br3) on December 05, 2015, 02:02:36 AM
You want to know what happened? Faraway got this from a subscriber and I think it explains the situation well enough.

http://i.imgur.com/k90QYbD.jpg

1 bajillion dollars? Did they seriously just use an imaginary number coined by schoolchildren, and present it as an actual figure of how much money they would've owed Nintendo? Or was that just a poorly-presented hyperbole?
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Just a poorly-presented hyperbole. It's probably just a bunch of millions. I don't think it would even reach hundreds of millions.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


December 05, 2015, 09:22:55 AM #43 Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:25:55 AM by ebola16
I wanted to release my build too but between the hundreds of names I'd need to credit and working out consent for releasing developer's exclusive (non BV) content it became too much of a hassle. I'm instead opting to release my own stuff and hoping I can guide people to make a good build.

The P:M story also makes me feel a little uneasy about making model imports but I don't think I'm violating anything.
Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 11, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

Quote from: ZX_BraveSol_ZX on December 05, 2015, 05:12:20 AM
Wow.....just [censored]ing wow..........I knew something was up....
I wish they could've said this from the beginning, would've made alot more sense. Holy [censored] I didn't think it was THAT bad.

[censored] nintendo, seriously. 1 bajillion [censored]ing dollars over a mod on a console they no longer support.
The fact that Nintendo was even CONSIDERING going that far makes me think less of them now. There's a fine line between "protecting your property" and "being an unnecessary [censored]." Thats almost Konami levels of [censored] right there....
What the actual [censored] Nintendo.

I dunno. I mean, direct competition of having the exact same thing from 2 separate people is entirely different than modding an old game, because, with modding a game, if that game is waaayyy cheaper than buying a new console + game, and makes it practically identical, Nintendo would make less money because then no one would buy the new Smash game. However, modding a game to be better without duplicating something would involve Nintendo getting extra money, because then the person would have both Project M AND Sm4sh.(I have both, for example) And what P:M was about to do(They shouldn't be in trouble, unless Lyn and Knuckles do get leaked) was to do the exact same thing that Nintendo was doing with Sm4sh's DLC. And btw, the guy who wrote that post just used figures of speech throughout; there's no such thing as a bajillion; the highest number in "illion"s is probably zillion(10 to the 36th power), and then the only ones that I know of that come afterwards are things like Google and Googleplex. In fact, the dictionary definition says that it's used for emphasis of a very large number.