Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1797078 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3900 on: July 12, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »

Late feedback is late...

Anyway, I think I found another flaw with Spidy... His web ball can lock people in a nearly inescapable combo... Although I only tested this on CPU. But it seemed like it could be spammed over and over again...

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

saef1234
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3901 on: July 12, 2011, 11:57:38 PM »

It doesnt work on my gecko does anyone know what might be the problem?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #3902 on: July 13, 2011, 02:01:01 AM »

[Review]

Note: I tested this in Brawl Minus. So you may or may not want to take my review with a grain of salt. I like Brawl- better because its much faster then vBrawl. Specifically, I tested this against Marth and Captain Falcon. Marth (cpu) I had a hard time beating, but I still won 4/4 matches. C.Facon (friend) I had a VERY hard time beating. (Not because he's good or is using C.Falcon) Mainly because of the speed of Brawl- I couldn't really keep up with C.Falcon's speed. 4/4 loses but every match it was down to 1/1 life. So I could have won... but thats just because I'm better then my friend at Brawl over all. (Stupid insta kill Falcon Punch >_>; )

This is the problem right here.  Spidey isn't a Brawl- PSA.  At the moment he's designed for vBrawl so of course you're going to have trouble XD  It's difficult for me to properly take into account your balance complaints if you're playing with the wrong codeset.  It would be like someone taking my Brawl- Burst Sonic and saying it's OPed after hours of testing it in vBrawl or BBrawl or Project M.

Oh and common misconception, Brawl- isn't faster than vBrawl.  As a codeset, it's the same speed as vBrawl (I know this for sure because as I said, I play with vBrawl movesets in Brawl-'s codeset).  It's not like Brawl+ and Project M where the codeset makes the game feel faster.  The reason why Brawl- feels faster is because every character has been manually made faster and the hitstun has been increased.

-Movement-

Walk: Its very slow. I know its a walk, but its still very slow. I'd say around Bowers level of slow walking. Also, It just looks... strange for him to walk that way.

Crouch/Crawl: The crawl is a bit strange looking too. Maybe a different animation to make it look more like crawling with... BOTH hands.

Jumps: He gets a lot of air doesn't he? Dunno if its a bad thing, but its hard to work with when short hopping. Literally a shot hop is clear over Dante (the character I happen to put in the training mode). Almost 3 of his heads over. His full jumps are HIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. xD I like them but I think I need more time with the moveset to master it and see if the jump height hinders it or not.

Air Dodge: Perfect. Maybe a directional addition wouldn't hurt.

Run: The start looks like he is trying to run with the other foot. Like he skips a step. But overall its ok. Some of his moves would combo better if the end lag of his move ended sooner so he could run and attack faster. But I'll cover that in the attacks.

Wall Cling: He can cling to the same wall multiple times. Thats cool. Wall crawling was to much to ask for? Or are you still working on that?  (Where is the download for the city board you showed? I have it but its got KC-MM stuff on it and not marvel stuff. xD)

Wait Animations: Doesn't look like he has any xD
    His standing pose is good though. An exact copy of the MvC3 which is what you were going for right? Good job. It IS however a bit blocky. Like... he's twitching.

Forward Dodge: It looks literally like his body is simply moving from one place to another. Not very pleasing to the eye. Personally, some sort of flip perhaps Sheik's original back flip but... forward. Something fancy.

Backwards Dodge: I also think Sheik's original dodge would look more pleasing to the eye. Basically showing off his Spidy moves and being acrobatic is what I'm getting at. Flips, acrobatics... things of that nature when it comes to movement. Mechanical wise, its perfectly fine. It could however be more pleasing to the eye to look at.

-Attacks-
    AAA combo: It loops with the first two A hits a bit to much. Personally, I think swapping the Kick with the Elbow would be nice. Also, a bit more forward movement wouldn't hurt.

FA Tilt: I'm not good with damage mechanics wise, but 10 seems like... a bit much. Also, perhaps more up-knockback instead of down. That way you could perhaps combo it a bit better with other moves.

DA Tilt: Very spammable. If you end up keeping THAT kick, I suggest increasing the knockback maybe. But on the plus side, it combo's well with the D-Smash. If you have a change in mind though, perhaps a slightly more sweeping kick.

UA Tilt: Its the exact same as the up grab. Start up and everything... The hit box is a bit further in the back then the front though. Which doesn't make much sense imo. Maybe making the same hitbox in the front as well, because otherwise its really hard to hit while facing the opponent. I think the move as a whole should be switched to a different move seeing as thats the same as the up grab animation. Maybe (I can't stress this enough) a flip. Acrobatics were Spider-Man's thing... he needs to move more.

Up Smash: You have to be very close to get this off. Its kind of a pain to work with but mechanical wise its sound. Good knockback, good combo potential, good start/end lag. Its just the hitbox thats the problem.

F Smash: A lot of start up lag that makes it hard to hit opponents. Its pretty easy to dodge. Nice range though.  The end lag could be shorter though imo.

D Smash: It may be because I'm used to mostly all the other brawl characters having it, but man... the down smash not hitting both sides is mad annoying. Also the end lag could be shorter... I do however like the fact that the AAA combo can link into this and the F Smash.

Up A Air:  Looks good. From a battle perspective, it would be nice if the end lag was shorter so that you could use the DAir after it. Mainly because this move doesn't have a lot of knockback. It works with the NAir though... so that may make up for it.

N A Air: Pretty good. No complaints.

D A Air: You weren't kidding when you said its a weak meteor. Aside from the time it takes to come out, its fine.

Neutral B: Good range... but I WISH the end lag was much shorter. You can't combo this with anything... He hits someone with the web ball and he can't move for entirely to long. At a certain range I'd have hoped to be able to run to him and grab or attack him... but nope. Its web ball then end of combo. Now... the web ball at the END of a combo is a different story. Its nice to be able to AAA combo then when they hit the ground, use the web ball to make them have a seizure. (Cause thats what the web ball does xD)

F B: Good movement potential. Is there a way you can make it to where his air momentum doesn't completely stop? Its not very fluid when he just stops like that. Also, is there a way to make his forward or up movement hurt on impact? That would be a nice addition.

F B Air: Same as above. But again, you can totally see and feel when the momentum just... stops. It just doesn't feel very fluid aat the end of the move.

D B: Spidy Sense... I KNOW you said it was going to have bad start and end lag... but my god man. In comparison to Ike, Marth, and Lucario, Spider-Sense is the worse one of the bunch. I like the dodge, but its a move I could only do against a Falcon punch... and thats ONLY if they didn't put it into a combo.

D B Air: Good move all around. I like it. The kick could have a bit more knockback though. Two times use in the air is to much to ask huh?

Up B Air/Ground: The follow up hit is to hard to land. And whats worse, it doesn't spike. At least... it didn't for me. >_>  I either went to far up to hit him, or stopped short (enough to hit him) and he didn't get spiked down, just a normal hit. I suggest making it one move. A long spinning upper cut with webs as graphics swirling around him. That would look cool.

Overall its a good PSA. I wont be using Sheik any time soon... but I'd love it if it was more acrobatic looking. I never did like the way he moved in MvC because it was fairly robotic. Not true to the real Spider-Man at all.

[/Review]

Edit: Also, the taunt with the speech bubble didn't work for me. Just a sparkle and a swirl.

Edit 2: F A Air: I really don't like how long it takes to come out. It leaves you really open and it looks like it should spike. Either that or it should have more knockback.

B A Air: There is not a sweet spot like there was for Sheik... It seems really weak in comparison.

Edit 3: Running A: I hate that kick with a burning passion. It just looks bad to me... no offense. There is a lot of end lag, and a its a drawn out move for something so weak. I just dislike using it.

Edit 4: Perhaps it would be good if the up b move didn't put him int he fall state. Mainly because i think it would be great if he could use his web moves after it if they hadn't  used it yet.

Ok, well one of the common complaints that you had was with the animations.  First off, let me say that it was my full intention to make this Spidey based largely of MvC.  That's not going to change.  My intention was to make as many moves as possible fit to MvC (this was my intention from the VERY BEGINNING) and in that front I think I succeeded somewhat.  Our visions are different.  Point is, I'm not going to redo a load of the animations because I spent a good while customly animating them.

And sorry to come off as whiny, but I think that deserves some credit to me at least.  Animating doesn't get quite as much credit as it deserves, especially since that's what takes the longest out of all things in a moveset (next to bug fixing) because I animated almost every main move from scratch (barring the U Tilt and B Air of course).  And remember that this is MY moveset.  I should have the right to do it how I want.

Another things that I noticed instantly about your suggestions is that you're (you may not even realise it) making him overpowered completely rather than balanced.  If I were to take into account all your suggestions, he would have no weaknesses, making him overpowered as hell.  

But let me break it apart more:

- AAA combo has been fixed.  I'll be updating the version soon.
    - How is 10% too much for the F Tilt?  It's not even that fast, and doesn't kill until quite late.  Most F Tilts do about the same if not MORE than that.  10% isn't too high at all.
    - The U Tilt I may change completely.  It's sort of a filler at the moment.  I don't really like it.  It's not too useful.
    - Now let me put something into perspective about the D Tilt.  Spidey's D Tilt does 4%, which is the same as Ness' and 3% less than Lucas'.  It has a bit more knockback than Lucas', and roughly the same speed but more range.  It also has a lower tripping rate compared to both of them.  My point is that it's just as much of a damage dealer as those two moves.
    - I will make the U Smash hitboxes more disjointed so they can hit further in front of him.  It is rather hard to hit with it
    - Never had a problem landing the F Air.  I find it actually to be his most reliable killing move.  It's his strongest aerial both damage and knockback wise.
    - I also never had a problem comboing with the U Air at all.  Infact, I had to nerf it quite a bit because it actually functioned as somewhat like a Wall of Pain move at low %.  It did 11% before I nerfed to 8%, and I was able in some cases to build up about 60 odd % just by short hopping and spamming the U Air a few times.
    - There is a sweetspot for the B Air.  I just made it more well rounded.  Sheik's was pathetic if you whiffed the tiny sweetspot on her foot.  I kept this sweetspot, toned it down a bit and made the whole move more well rounded by making it so that the rest of her leg actually did something.

- And yet at the same time, we have Data right there saying the Web Ball too spammable XD  However, what I think I will do is decrease the end lag and increase the start-up quite a bit.
    - He comes to a halt?  Never noticed this.  I always found he kept a bit of his forward momentum.  But either way it can't really be helped to be honest.  I tried many things to get this to even work nicely and the current way it works was by far the best way.
    - Up B needs quite a bit of revamping.  I like the idea of web swirling around him whilst he ascends.  I may also make it so that rather than pressing B to do the follow up, the follow up happens automatically if you hit the attack
    - Yeah the Down B on the ground is indeed too slow and not rewarding enough.  I'll increase the start-up quite a bit.
    - Maybe it will have two swings in the air for the Brawl- version, but honestly his ability to move is insane enough as it is.  Actually, I think that more knockback won't really help the move.  It's an approach move.  It shouldn't have high knockback.

- Down Taunt speech bubble isn't appearing because you aren't using the FitZelda.pac I included.  I honestly don't even know why I bother with Readme's sometimes ¬_¬

*Sigh* Feedback can be a little depressing sometimes, especially when you just wake up to find this massive review situated at the bottom of the page @.@  PSA's take so much more work than every other kind of hack, but get the most criticism.  This is understandable though, because there are so many more factors to take into account when making a good PSA compared to, say, making a good vertex, texture or stage.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:04:06 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3903 on: July 13, 2011, 02:03:18 AM »

for anyone who doesnt work make sure sheik is spelled right the first time i putted the moveset i misspelled sheik and didnt load anything lol

thoughs of the moveset well theres a move i dont like  side smash i mean he doesnt move the only way to hit people with the side smash is if they come to you maybe changing it  for like sonic like punch or even shiek side smash wich was fun those kicks

also the down b in the ground is not very useful if it was a counter we could counter projectyles and such i think down B was better to be a counter move because right now its just not worth to use

the rest is awnsome xD

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #3904 on: July 13, 2011, 02:07:17 AM »

Yeah, I was thinking the same for the web balls, more start up, but much less end lag.

And maybe the down B should be a counter as soon as you push B down? But in exchange, maybe it can be strict with the timing. Like a parry, instant as soon as you push B down, but the counter frames only last a few frames?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3905 on: July 13, 2011, 02:10:01 AM »

for anyone who doesnt work make sure sheik is spelled right the first time i putted the moveset i misspelled sheik and didnt load anything lol

thoughs of the moveset well theres a move i dont like  side smash i mean he doesnt move the only way to hit people with the side smash is if they come to you maybe changing it  for like sonic like punch or even shiek side smash wich was fun those kicks

Except it does move during startup.  Charge it up partially and he practically slides across the stage XD Not to mention it has great reach and power and it's my favourite smash attack animation (I find it so satisfying to land personally XD).

Yeah, I was thinking the same for the web balls, more start up, but much less end lag.

And maybe the down B should be a counter as soon as you push B down? But in exchange, maybe it can be strict with the timing. Like a parry, instant as soon as you push B down, but the counter frames only last a few frames?

This is a great idea actually.  I may also change the animation as well so it's more "Spider Sense" like.  Not sure though

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #3906 on: July 13, 2011, 02:14:36 AM »

This is a great idea actually.  I may also change the animation as well so it's more "Spider Sense" like.  Not sure though

That sounds good to me actually. Since that's one of his key powers. It would be fitting.

On a random note.

I just thought those were amusing. Tongue

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3907 on: July 13, 2011, 02:25:01 AM »

Genius.

pure Genius. on teh above pictures.

Anyway. i hope Sdo0m does the BlackKnight Next after Spidey gets complete.

he's been making speedy and combo based characters. i challenge him to make the complete and total opposite of the characters he's been making. maybe a new challenge for Sdo0m is to make the complete and total opposite. (also, i want ganondorf gone so i can have Clare vs Ganondorf without ganoncide instant Freezing.)

though i love every single PSA he's made and i use everysingle one. (funny my friend was telling to make SpiderSheik for a while. well i dont need to now =D)

Mansta8
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Stack Smash Team Favorite'd Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat

« Reply #3908 on: July 13, 2011, 02:35:51 AM »

Damn, I wanted to play spiderman in SSE, do you think you could make a button combination transform zelda, so you can only do it on purpose?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3909 on: July 13, 2011, 02:39:28 AM »

That sounds good to me actually. Since that's one of his key powers. It would be fitting.

On a random note.

I just thought those were amusing. Tongue

That's freakin WIN.  I loled so hard at these XD  Killing Master Hand with the Down Taunt.  Priceless.  Anyways, I'm making my blog post as we speak.....

And then Ike Lawliet comes in and steals my blog post day Im srs here  Not fair at all

Genius.

pure Genius. on teh above pictures.

Anyway. i hope Sdo0m does the BlackKnight Next after Spidey gets complete.

he's been making speedy and combo based characters. i challenge him to make the complete and total opposite of the characters he's been making. maybe a new challenge for Sdo0m is to make the complete and total opposite. (also, i want ganondorf gone so i can have Clare vs Ganondorf without ganoncide instant Freezing.)

though i love every single PSA he's made and i use everysingle one. (funny my friend was telling to make SpiderSheik for a while. well i dont need to now =D)

Thanks dude.  I'll either be doing Black Knight or Zero next because those are the two that I've been putting off for the longest.  That said though, I won't get properly under way with them until I get to at least V1 for Spider-Man.  

Black Knight because Aafyre's vertex is amazing and the fact that someone already made an Alondite MotionEtc.pac makes my life easier.  However, Ganon's file MotionEtc.pac file size limit is bad so I'll have to find a good way to work around his constraints.

Zero I wanted to do because whilst developing Spidey I was learning quite a bit from Eldiran's Zero.  It's how I learned to make the Web Zip and Web Swing function as they do (i.e. how you can only use them once in the air but you can still use other moves), as well as a load of other things.  Looking at it more just made me keep on thinking "wow this PSA just does so much" and it made me rather excited XD
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:32:42 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3910 on: July 13, 2011, 03:43:17 AM »

I really hope you do Zero or Blackknight.

really looking at Blackknight though... he'lll be EPIC.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3911 on: July 13, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »

i love ur PSA's man!!! every single 1 of them AWESOME 2.0!

will u bear my babies?  xD jk

i would really like to see a new zero PSA tho with the updated model and such... it would be kick ass since u learned alot more during making spider man!

also, ill re-download spiderman once u fix that glitch i showed u Tongue

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3912 on: July 13, 2011, 05:52:50 AM »

btw Sdo0m how did you make this GFX:
    since i am maybe needing to make a 2d GFX like that but with Geno Boost for the arrows upwards like then he using it in Super Mario RPG like as them here:
    so i was thinking if spiderman´s GFX was possible i think something like that for Geno was possible too
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:59:01 AM by Gotenks » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3913 on: July 13, 2011, 05:53:58 AM »

SDoom, since i believe u love 2099 spidey, take a look at this:
    HUGE IMAGE

edit: lol, not so huge after all... XDDDD

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3914 on: July 13, 2011, 06:01:14 AM »

btw Sdo0m how did you make this GFX:
    since i am maybe needing to make a 2d GFX like that but with Geno Boost for the piles upwards like then he using it in Super Mario RPG like as them here:
    so i was thinking if spiderman´s GFX was possible i think something like that for Geno was possible too

Oh it's easy.  
    - Take the first graphic model (and the exclamation01 texture) from the FitZelda.pac I included in the Spider-Man pack
    - Replace whatever graphic model in your Geno (FitToonlink.pac).
    - Then edit the texture of the exclamation01 to whatever you like
    - Import the edited texture into your FitToonlink.pac and name it exclamation01
    - When you preview the model in Brawlbox, you should see that the model autmoatically shapes itself to the texture.

I did the same thing with Cloud's pineapple

SDoom, since i believe u love 2099 spidey, take a look at this:
    HUGE IMAGE

edit: lol, not so huge after all... XDDDD

That is freakin smexy Awesome Face  So far the ones that I will definitely include are this, dpgthirteen's Symbiote (I only just prefer it over MANSTA8's one.  It's the spider on the chest XD) and the Carnage one.  I think maybe the Scarlet Spider one needs a little bit of work though.

Btw guys, feel free to release these retextures individually on the Brawlvault.  It will be a while before I include them all in the pack Wink

Pages:  1 ... 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: